Support your local BBI businesses:
of the following was printed in
the June 2002 "Bob-Lo Tatler".
I will gladly add your business
if you send your info to me.
Unless otherwise specified, all phone numbers use the 231 area code.
To be added to the list, or to have your information altered, send your data to the address below.
- Airplane Charter:
- Builders & Contractors:
- Carpet-laying: Greg Smith, 634-7410
- Cemetery: Bill Graves, 758-0055
- Electric: Victor Babcock, 634-7248
- Ferry Service:
- Brandon Schlund 634-7500
- Stuart Riker 634-7051 or 231-290-0513
- General store, restaurant, gasoline: Hawk’s Landing, 634-7375
- Hair care: Cheryl St. Germaine 634-7467
- Handyman services:
- Gregg Dickerson 634-7123
- Mike White 634-7440
- Boat House Motel, four rooms 634-7444
- Boblo Bungalo, 4 bedroom house across from the beach in the
Pines. (248) 935-7096 or email Jamie Nye
- Bridge View Beach House,
beachfront home on the west end, (231) 796-2727 or e-mail Rob
Cottage, beachfront home near Lafayette Point, Karen Cook (817)
496-1713 or Bruce Vickey 634-7019 or e-mail Karen
Ridge, new east end log cabin with deluxe
amenities, contact Steve (231) 349-6060 or Larry 634-7375
or e-mail Steve
- Insel Haus, an island retreat for up to twenty guests. 634-7393 or 248-474-6091 or e-mail Christa and Shelby.
Family Cabins, two quaint cottages to from which to choose (706)
Place, new east end log cabin, great view, water front access, close
to restaurant/tavern, contact Robin (607) 227-4330
- The White Rose, Curt's quaint cottage
in the Pines, 1-888-PLAUNTS
- Boblo Cottage, available by the week or by the night. We also have safe, dry parking for you plane in our airplane hangar! contact Steve or Marcia Long (989) 287-0085 or 0084
- Plumber: Bob Moore, 634-7015
- Post Office: 634-7211
- Real estate:
- Septic Systems (install/repair/replace): Island
Contractors, Inc. Joe & Clover Schlund 634-7500
- Sawmill, timber management, and more: Northwoods Timber Products, Inc. Russ and Stuart Riker, 634-7487
- Tavern, meals:
Handy Island Links:
Blanc Township the official website
for the township
Blanc Island by J. Bunker Clark, former
editor of the local newsletter "Bob-Lo
Tatler". Lots of useful information, plus links to all past
issues of the "Tatler", very interesting reading.
- Plaunt Transportation,
ferry service to and from the island.
- Bois Blanc Island Real Estate
. More than just real estate on this site!
forecast for Pointe aux Pins.
the Light A site about the island light house by Terry Pepper.
- I'm always looking for more
links, if you've got one let me know. See the bottom of this page
for my address.
Got an Island Link?
Need an island Link?
Click on the bottle to e-mail the Webmaster:
© 2002 Robert E. Johnston
Back to The Bois Blanc Island Site.