Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

SAD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lighthouse
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: SAD Reply with quote

I was one of the original 50 or so that registered to this site back in 2002. It used to be a joy to hear of the activity going on with all the island folk. Unfortunately the site is now, and has been for quite sometime, nothing but constant "*female dog*" session. It certainly will scare any new folks away from this lovely island. I for one will not return to this site!!!!
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It certainly will scare any new folks away from this lovely island. I for one will not return to this site!!!!

We, at the BBI website, apologize for the lack of lovely island news. It appears that the concerned citizens, landowners and taxpayers of Bois Blanc Island, aka “lovely fantasy island” have our hands full with zoning and land use problems. We are just a tad cranky and have taken over the BBI website in order to discuss issues in near real time.

Meanwhile , please visit the Mackinaw island website for a preview of coming attractions in the event BBI’s issues remain unresolved.

Again, sorry for any website viewing expectation inconvenience. Please check back later. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited by Conis on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lighthouse, you probably won't see this post, since you are so disgusted by those of us, who are discussing important issues that affect us all, in a normal human fashion. I, for one, find it very therapeutic, sharing my concerns/opinions with my fellow islanders. Some folks on this site are "like-minded" and others......not so much. This is the normal "way of things". Unfortunately, life is not all gumdrops and roses. In case you haven't noticed, there are some very contentious and important issues being discussed here, as of late. If you prefer to strap your blinders on and ignore these issues, which of course will be interpreted differently by different people.....more power to ya.....happy trails......hasta la vista....etc.... You know what they say......."If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen." Oh, and if we're scaring folks away from Boblo - I say "Bring on the controversy!" Very Happy
Jester
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piper wrote:
gumdrops and roses

I hate gumdrops, after ya eat a few and den turn to yerr betta half to give a kiss, even at da movies in da dark, yu have all dis gween crap on yer teef Surprised #Eating smiley and yer pee turns a different color basides yeller, along wif da teef, yer filling pop out ....... Laughing
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Jester - Here you go.

Unfortunately, life is not all........ (insert your own flowery metaphor here)

SHEESH! All you people do is complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Jester
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West End Piper wrote:

Cracked up to be?

I hate crack, it speeds you up and then shoves you down ........ Smoking and second hand smoke and all that .....Kills innocent people every day ... Golly Gee I hate crack ......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life is not all beer and skittles." That's my favorite one.

Lighthouse - as the first person to have joined this site in 2002 (I was member #2, with Rob the Webmaster being #1), I feel your pain. But please don't blame the bulletin board, the "medium" as it were, for creating hard feelings or turning people away. We maintain this site as a service to anyone with an interest in the Island. That includes property owners, occasional visitors, Township officials, day trippers, campers, those with a passing interest in that big unidentified piece of land they can see from the Grand Hotel, etc. They can use the site as they wish, and it isn't right for us to censor them unless personal attacks or posted materials become inappropriate. Call it a "b1tch session" if you will, but ya gotta agree that the bulletin board CAN be a valuable tool. It can also be dangerous - welcome to the Internet.

I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand.
Dan
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think using this website to discuss various issues, even contentious ones, is a good thing when done in a civil manner. Civil doesn't mean boring and it doesn't even mean you have to pull your punches in some cases. As I have said before, I think we do a pretty good job of keeping things civil. We are a community--warts and all.

And for those who don't enjoy the discussion and debate, the Album has lots of nice things to look at!
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan. Doug...

Thanks for putting things into perspective. Some important subjects being discussed and this site is serving as valuable forum, to bring issues to light.

I think we ALL might be a tad edgy in these times, with all else going on in the world? Anyway, I believe once we get through BBI hearings and election on 11/7, things will likely simmer down.

Easy to burn out on controversy.

C
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, when I grow up, I wanna be as diplomatic as you - what's your secret? Laughing
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Hey Piper Reply with quote

Good post...gumdrops and roses...nice metaphor.

Each of us is responsible for BBI. Discussions like this are part of that responsibility.
Just like the Plaunt Ferry, life must negotiate calm waters and stormy seas. (How do you like that simile) :cheers:

When it all gets to be too much, I hole up on my property, in my cabin, on the water's edge, on the county road walking, on my neighbors porch, etc. BBI is a retreat. And sometimes it is a place where problems and issues are discussed. Such is life.
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

insert> Boiled Turnips and Pepto Bismol
insert> Like chewing on a lit road flair with a Jack Daniels chaser

Don't get me started...
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think having different opinions constitutes bitc'ing. I agree that sometimes lines get crossed, but for the most part there are some really interesting topics discussed on this site. If it should turn into some feelgood "Barney & Friends" type of thing I'M NOT COMING BACK! Wink
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West End Piper wrote:
Dan, when I grow up, I wanna be as diplomatic as you - what's your secret? Laughing

The secret is: beer.

And diplomacy is just the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they actually enjoy the trip. Wink
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And diplomacy is just the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they actually enjoy the trip.

That's great. Here's one more:

Tact is the art of making guests feel at home....when that is where you wish they were.

Has nothing to with previous threads but....
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

You are good at telling the truth or is it lying or what the yeck, You should run for president, no never mind by that time you will be out-sorced. And the beer will be imported.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: