Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Letter to BBI voters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> BBI TOWN HALL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJean
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am not against any individual. As a matter of fact I don't personally know any of these people. This is not a personal issue with me. It's more with long term planning on the island I am concerned with. I am just appauled at the lack of professionalism in this entire matter.

Did I just read that 9+ acres is involved? You could build a small town on 9+ acres. Sounds pretty scary to me. How about those of you that have land close to this property?
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did I just read that 9+ acres is involved? You could build a small town on 9+ acres. Sounds pretty scary to me. How about those of you that have land close to this property?

How would this spot zone C2 affect value of surrounding LDR property?
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: 7PM Reply with quote

It is still too early for results, but I wanted everyone to know that the turn out for voting, one way or the other, is very high. Controversy will bring out people to vote. Sometimes people do not even realize that there is controversy. I think this site has helped bring the issues out. In the future, I would hope that both sides would debate the issues to the landowners on this site. I just wanted you all to know that the big turn out makes me feel good, no matter what the outcome will be.
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see voter-personal involvement. Government cannot work without it.

I am sure you will keep us posted on zoning referundum results.

New avatar for the occasion.

C
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: The Vote Reply with quote

The vote was 59 to 46 against the rezone.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Rezone Reply with quote

I believe the "language" of the rezone was ambiguous and therefore dangerous. If rezones are to happen, they will only happen with very, very concise, restrictive language. Just changing property to appease two parties without thoughts about the ramifications is just poor, poor planning. Vision is an attribute of a good leader.

Again, my personal feelings are for the best use of BBI's natural beauty. The more we preserve the wildness on BBI the more popular it will become. Islanders control what those seeking a quiet, natural setting will find...

The wild shorelines and wild places are dependent on preservationists. These gifts are the best we can give to all people.

When bragging about BBI....less is more! I always tell my friends this:

"One bar, one store, one B&B, and a post office."
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MW, thanks for the update. Many have been waiting...
NJean
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy #Usa #Usa #Usa #Usa #Usa Very Happy
Thanks for everything Mike and the three that put their heads on the line.

Cute Avatar Conis. I hope it really doesn't represent the people on the island though. I'm not really the grudge holding type, but I will, however, fight for my principals. Funny thing though, I always felt from day one on the island that there was a division of people. You could just feel it but didn't know who's on what side. Still don't know where that division begins and ends, but the feeling is there. Anyone else notice that even before this C2 mess?

Gotta love the Internet. It has worked on a few other bills that they tried to sneak though congress, but fortunately the watchdog groups foiled them due to the Internet and mass emails. I'm not sure the outcome would have been the same without Mike's information.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: The land thanks you Reply with quote

If the property, on the curve, that was up for rezone, could put up a sign, I think you would see a THANK YOU sign along the road there right now. The land thanks you, the people, that thought hard, and voted NO.

Today is the day, when the township will give a "reward", to the Three, that allowed 105 people to vote on this issue.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the results on the ticker at the bottom of 7&4 news...
Wow, alot of people voted!!
My questions:
If you are elected to the township board, would you not have to be recalled for it to be legal to dismiss?
How would the Island voters go about recalling someone supposedly not doing their job? Someone at the top??? Someone either doing what they are doing for personal gain or reasons?

Lisa
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about dismissing too. Mine is... They can try to dismiss Lani from the Planning Commission but they have to do a recall to get her off the Township Board.. Correct? Confused
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cute Avatar Conis. I hope it really doesn't represent the people on the island though.
Not at all.

I pulled the "scissors" avatar after seeing the zoning problem voted down. I hope the twp. board got the message(s), and didn't take it "personally".

I suppose we'll see what happens this afternoon. I'll reserve my comments until then.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJean, I too have always felt that there was a division on BBI. From the very first time I went there which was maybe 18-19 years ago. It was the feeling of, if you would go with the flow then it was okay, but if you didn't, then it wasn't. You would be left out, the feeling of being uncomfortable. I should say, not accepted. I really hate saying this but "God" knows it is true. So therefore we would do our own thing and not want to hear about all of the politics and gossip of the Island. Would be so nice if those residing there year round would be kind to one another. Especially with this spot being so small and so few people living there year round. You all may need each other one day and not have to have all of the hard feelings that would go with it. I think the term "Public Hanging' sounds pretty scary. Reminds me of the south and the horrible things that went on there.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: answer Reply with quote

Today, they can only illegally dismiss her from planning, as I read the law. See the public hanging post. Remember, she did nothing wrong.

I haven't read the law on recalls but I think you would have to use recall to get someone off the board. It may be that if a Twp. Board member actually broke some law, there might be a dismissal procedure, but as I said, I'm not sure (yet).
trisham
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The voters have spoken. It's time to let go and drop the arguing over the zonning. The three that got this onto the ballot was right by doing it and the voters are telling you that.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trisham thumbs_up!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: island Reply with quote

Yes .. there always was and still is a division between the people on the Island ...
This is coming from a person that lived there many years ..

Sad but true ...

When I was there I tried to get along with everyone but as time went on and you started getting into the Politics then that line would appear.

But I will say if there was a need for help all islanders would pitch in and help ......

I still tried hard to be friends with all ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Rewards handed out Reply with quote

Today at the regular township meeting, the township board "rewarded" Bill Heinen and Fran Vallely by dismissing them from the Planning Commission.
When Loren Gibbons called for Lani Whites dismissal, the motion died for lack of a second on the motion.

This more or less ends the whole issue on the vote. The ones dismissed may go to court though. that might be better covered under the thread called public hanging.
(conis edit) I Have started a new topic called BBI TOWN HALL, to pick things up from this point. Information has been spread between 2-3 different threads... condensing is all. I have copied this post there to resume...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> BBI TOWN HALL All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: