Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Chat Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
islandnana
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Chat Room Reply with quote

I have gone into the chat room several times hoping someone would come in.... only once did I ever talk to anyone.... and they weren't from the island. The chat room can be used for other times not just what is posted. It is nice to keep in touch this way so come on everyone let's use it more. Have a good day and hope to talk to someone soon.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that a lot of people prefer to use the Yahoo or MSN IMs.. I know I do.. Some people have IM links below their posts.

You might want to host a chat and invite people to join.. It helps to have a reminder.. We were pretty consistant meeting after Survivor every Thurs.. So we could dish about the show.. Laughing I'm falling asleep now, during the show! Laughing The main drivers of the chats are up to their elbows in diapers and toddlers right now.. We need a new captain of chat.. What do you think, Rob? Any volunteers? Idea Question
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Susie has nailed the problem, trying to get organized. Those with kids... getting them to bed, those with kids grown, trying to stay awake? And the rest of us insomniacs playing on-line at 3 am?

I have used the BBI "chat thing" once or twice and found it sort of "clunky" and not user friendly. Hard to tell who was saying what. It would cut me off halfway through the third sentence while typing???

I used to use Yahoo IM alot. Been a while. But can even get the web cams going and use voice rather than type. All you have to do is join and someone start a BBI chat forum. I think the "room" can be "locked" meaning someone would have to be invited to join the chat, thus keeping the weirdos cruising elsewhere.

If there is to be a chat room. Yahoo, MSN or AIM would be the way to go. Faster and easier to use.

I have a microphone and web cam around here someplace. Might be real fun to do this winter when the snow is flying and we are bored ****less. Could even turn into an on-line BBI "party". More the merrier!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: web Reply with quote

Conis ..

That would be great !! Having all of us using our web cams to be able to see each other .. of course we could not be on all at one time with our cams but we could work it out .. I love the web cam .. I have not used my much latley but I bought my daughter a cam so I could see her and my Grandkids in Nevada . about 3 years ago

A friend of mine in eureka nevada just got a new computer and web cam .. and we were talking not typing ..is great .. !!

Great idea Conis !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id have to confer with my high tech daughter on this stuff. She lives "on line" Watch her in action and she has 9 windows open, web cams blazing, typing to some and voice to the others. Well beyond me. I still live in email land.

It is some cool stuff if one knows how to work it. Massive on line conferences with folks jumping in and out.

This is all high tech "kid stuff" to me. I guess I need to get back up to speed on IM. Problem is that most of my friends have just mastered cell phones and got a way's to go. The geezers that we are.

One last note; I go the the island. NO PC for days/weeks. Nor do I miss it. I have made a living on line for years and totally toast on computers. Thinking I need a laptop to take to the island... go to Hawks and wifi my email. Then I think, to H*** with email! Drive up to Lake Thompson and look at the Lake and listen to the loons. And if that don't work, go find something else to do. And then I come home and turn on the PC. EM box maxed out, 4378 Ems delete delete delete delete. Spam beyond that.

We are too wired to be sane. Its all fun and games until somebody pokes an eye out? An hour/day is my preset limit. Then I cut myself off unless I am actually doing something productive.

C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: