Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Last Chance!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Last Chance! Reply with quote

Last chance to enter one of your shots to our humble photo contests.. Voting will start soon.. May not even have to vote.. Seems we only have 1 entry in each.. Put up a challenge and let's make this contest exciting! Cool
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: vote Reply with quote

I like the two that are in for the vote ...

I would like to see them both on the front page !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Here are a couple pics Reply with quote

Thought I'd throw a couple pictures in the contest. Everyone says competition is good. Any other competitors out there? Cool
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is funny how Mike's Neck of the Woods are pics of the Island.
Mike, please turn the date off on your camera unless it's needed for something. Just one of my photographic pet peevs. LOL!

Love Lisa
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: date in picture Reply with quote

The date you will note is march 2005. I had gotten the camera at Christmas a few months before. I was still trying out all the features. I turned off the date feature shortly after the frosty tree pictures were taken. I suppose the date could be cropped out of the picture. I left it in because I wanted everyone to know that nothing like that is happening in this 2006-07 winter, so far.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the competition, Mike.. I'll get the polls up soon.. Anyone else?? Smile
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is the last date-actual date to put in our vote for the picture's?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't started the vote yet, Squeaky.. I will get them posted tomorrow and give it a week.. Last chance to post a photo! I know I'm going against the guidelines but it gives everyone a chance to submit a shot, in case they forgot.. Confused Since so few participate..

I'm eliminating the Neck of the Woods contest after this... From now on just BBI snapshots.. Very Happy
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: shots Reply with quote

Susie ..

why have you decided to do that ??

Its fun to see where people live that come to the island ..

or pets or something that is part of their life .........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is fun to see but with the lack of participation I'm not sure what to do.. Maybe we will restore it after Winter.. Confused
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures of all sorts of things are great to look at. Island pics, pics of our own neck of the woods, etc. theeisland girl is right on....
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The "lack of participation" is disheartning.

One of the problems might be is there is very few on the island in the winter mos to submit "seasonal island photos".

AND if the same folks (3-5) are the only ones sumbitting pics, they they are the only ones that "win" and perhaps discourage competition?

Maybe it shouldn't be a competition. I looked though the photos posted from this summer and fall. There is some truly amazing stuff there! Maybe judged ?

I don't know. No answers. Like to see more get off their butts and submit. It doesn't need to be Nat. Geo. photo quality. A cool snapshot says plenty.

C
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the disappointment... There is a Sharing album where people could post from their neck of the woods shots.. The site is for people interested in BBI and why I made the choice I did. It doesn't have to be a contest.. Heck, just a consideration album for nice shots for Rob to post on the front page.. For that matter, we could do away with both contests and he could pick what he wants from the archives.. I thought having the contests would be a great way to get everyone involved and I was willing to provide the time.. With the lack of participation and my time being consumed in other areas this is a neccessary evil, I guess. Sad
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al's Sister wrote:
I understand the disappointment... There is a Sharing album where people could post from their neck of the woods shots.. The site is for people interested in BBI and why I made the choice I did. It doesn't have to be a contest....<snip> Sad

Ditto sentiments. Rob has plenty to do, too.

If no one wants to enter anything, pick from the archives or post some clip art or empty white square with a X in the corner?

You and I have discussed this apathy, haven't we ? Too bad.
C
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. It does not have to be a contest. All the pictures are great to look at. Sharing is what it should be all about any way.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: post Reply with quote

Lets remember that theres alot of important things that make the island what it is ...

Lets put one of the new teacher on the front .. shes a big part of the island .. I see a side view of her in the pictures that was taken of fun day .. not sure where .. it would be fun to see the kids that go to the little red school house on the island ... the play ground ..

Lets put one of the school .. the firehall ... the churchs ... Hawks landing ..
the bar .. plaunts boat ... the new dock ( well not so new now) the pilot of the boat ... the new airport .... Some of the new places that have been built ...

I would think that we would not have to get permission to put people on the front page as they are here in the site now .. it would be fun to have pictures of the 40 people living on the island this winter but that would take some work to do that ..

I see some good shots in the space you made for us to post pictures of our own ...

The island is a beauitful place and I love all the shots of the island ...
but lets try to put up pictures that make the place that it is ....

How about putting pictures on the front of Ray Plaunts father ... that is history of the island .. the hotel .. thanks to Dan we have some of those old pictures ... maybe we could start with Rays dad and his boat and go along to Rays boat then put pictures up of Curts boat ... and pictures of the Curts crew ...

Just my suggestion ... and thoughts ....
Thank you to all that make this site what it is ....
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple I wanted to submit but have had computer trouble lately. Sort of, we have so many pictures on our computer we had to buy an external drive in order to download pictures from the camera to the computer. Sorry I was unable to submit in time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbs_up! to theeislandgirl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: