Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ranger/Gator/ Mule side x side available at hawks for rent ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island & Island Related Businesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you or your family consider renting Ranger side x sides
yes
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Depends on the rate
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Are you nuts
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, emailed some photos.

You mind if I post the picture you sent me? So others can see your beast?

If your is a 4 stroke/ twin... does it have a transmission for reverse?

I thought mine (two stroke) was pretty quiet. Has a MONSTER muffler, also a oil injector set up (no mixing). 2 strokes are a thing of the past I guess. Exhaust emissions. Although I will say mine never belched blue smoke... never smell it or anything.

The EZGOS are probably one of the oldest brands on the market. I think they have them pretty well perfected. Stop and think that they are used day in and day out commercially on golf courses... they get a lot of miles and abuse. My neighbors brother in law brought one up for a family reunion... older than the hills. Kids rode around in the woods for days and days on a tank of gas.

I know another guy who is the "cart- fleet manager" at Riverwood CC in Mount Pleasant, An Ace cart mechanic. Periodically they will sell off carts at "end of life" which amount to 20 year old EZGOs. I guess because they are depreciated out and off the books, but still have another 20 years left in them. Usually the CC members get first dibs. All are being replaced with new electric ezgos... As he told me, higher upkeep on the electrics (battery replacement expense every 3-5 years) BUT lower insurance because NO FUEL with several dozen stored inside... or if somebody rolls one... SAFER. With the electrics 1-2 laps around the golf course and time for a recharge. All the time have to go out and tow in a dead one.

I don't think an elecric cart would be the best choice. A one way ticket to a dead cart in BFE. Or a long walk back on BBI.
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and post the picture - Mine does have a transmission - you just let the motor stop, and shift it to reverse and Vice Versa - 2 cyl 4 stroke -
It has a lot of power - I pulled an 8 foot harrow around with it when I was redoing my lawn this spring. got a ball hitch on it and pull the boat around.
You can haul 2-3 people - don't need a helmet - don't need seat belts - Starts in cold weather- I used it all winter.

Edited in Photo "Ron's Cart"

Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Steve
The golf carts are cheaper and they are a lot slower,but just as much fun. I don't think it matters which one you use. I do think it could be a good thing. And I think that there is a need for it. Nobody is going to tear up anything with those type vechicles. It takes a two track to run them anyway. The type of people that would rent one of these that don't go very fast, are not the type that would go and tear up trails. They would be a lot better then a fast four wheeler. I say go for it and good luck.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Bruce You need not to get so upset over this. I mean maybe we should stop Hawk's Landing from selling gas, or stop Plaunts from running a ferry to the Island. Stop the construction company;s from building, Yek lets just turn into Mackinac Island and say no motorized vechile at all. Then we can rent bikes. If it is legal then it should be ok to do.

Right on Kevin !! as you said above on the second page of this post

I agree its not a bad thing .I do not think there will be..any bad damage done ......just normal stuff that comes when you have someone step on island ground ... it leaves a foot print ...

I was thinking again about how the cheboygan people never even go over to check the island out ... there is Hawks and the Bar now again .. why not go over and see what is there .. I have thought about this for many years ... ??? now that you can get your car over with no problem ....
The cost could be a problem for some ... but now if you could rent one of these machines to get into places that you would not with your car ....
we had a rental car both times when we were there and we were worried about it the whole time and did not go places we wanted to go once again .. so I say go for it !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island & Island Related Businesses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: