Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

"Miracle of Fatima: Retreat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelby
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: "Miracle of Fatima: Retreat Reply with quote

October 2007, marks the 90th anniversary of the Catholic Miracle of Fatima. It is sometimes referred to as "The Miracle of the Sun" and its three secrets. We have scheduled three weekends at our Bois Blanc Island Retreat, Insel Haus, to examine that event. You may have seen our film, "Fatima" with Ricardo Montalban. The documentary won an EMMY and has been on television several times. It was a privilege to have the opportunity to research and film this fascinating subject. We will show the film and I'll tell of the interesting and unusual experiences I had shooting in Rome at the Vatican, at the Basilica in Portugal, in England and here in the States. The "Miracle" occurred on October 13, 1917. I found five witnesses of the actual event who agreed to be interviewed and appear in the film. Reactions to the project included several deeply devout individuals with a profound belief in the existence of evil. They assured me that I would never get to finish the project for the devil would intervene. Or a price would have to be paid if it were completed. I'll talk about that prediction.

After seeing "Fatima" Pope John Paul II spoke of its importance and requested production of a Spanish version. Ricardo Montalban agreed and we produced it in Spanish. The noted Catholic publication Trinity Communications wrote, "FATIMA" is perhaps the greatest single contribution to the Catholic film world to date - a rare combination of sound content with superb cinematic quality."

Dates of our "Fatima Retreat" are October 5 to 7, October 12 to 14 and October 26 to 28, 2007. For information contact Christa at 634-7393.

Shelby
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds soo very interesting, Shelby! Thanks for letting us all know.. Cool
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: wish Reply with quote

Sure wish I could be there for that !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: