Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Let's Get Re-Acquainted!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Let's Get Re-Acquainted! Reply with quote

It's been a while since we have done this.. Some of the new people are letting us know they are here but probably are wondering who some of us are.. I'm making this a sticky so there will be easy access. Let's update and I'm also encouraging lurkers to at least say Hi so we know you care.. Very Happy
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Susie Hopkins and like my user name am related to Al.. Most of you know Al as he handles your mail at the Island post office.. I work at the Tavern in the summer, take pictures of everything that catches my eye and like to share the best with all of you.. The End.. Cool
jnye
Weekend Worshiper
Weekend Worshiper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Jamie Nye... I too worked at the Tavern this past summer, and if I can figure out a way, I will be back for next summer... I have been coming to the island since I was 3 - was raised in Cheboygan, so I had pretty easy access. Now, I have a house in the Pines, which I love, and I am looking forward to spending many many years enjoying the island with my kids.

I have many interests... but what I enjoy most is laughing with my friends!
Rabin Zakanowitz
Coast Comber
Coast Comber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy. mynameis rabin zakanowitz frm wolverine michigan. i still live with uncle milf and ant bernice and my dog growler. aktuakky it aint the same growler dog i wrote bout before. this would be like growler 10 or 12 or so. i just name them all growler becaue they growl and I keep forgettn the name if I name em something else like LEGBITER.

I used to writ lots of stories about milf and bernice but had to quiet because milf ran over bof my hands with his truck wen i wus trying to get growler out from underneath. cause milf kept running over growler which is wat hapn to growler dogs 3-5-6 and 9.

plese writ me an emale. I like to get those. If i do, i will send a pikter of my new kitty. he only hhas to2 legs after growler nailed him good. but thats ok cause he has one on the fron and one the back so he can hop sort of. i need to get him a name like gimper or teeter or sumthin. if hiz fer groz back, I would manybe sell him but i don't know. him and growler r fun to watch play.

bye
rz

Almost forgetted. unlce milf went deerhunting and shooted adeer with his shootgun. he had to shoot it 16 times and had to go the store for more shootgun bullets and shoot it some more times before it fell over. he was terrible drunk when he did that. The neighbor lady got relly mad too cause the deer was in her yard by her porsh. she called the police on uncle milf and they come when he was loadin the deer in his truck. milf is in jail now and can't get out til he buys the lady a new deer fro her yard... HAHAHA on milf that dumb guy shooting at a fake deer. you should hav seed him cussin and triing to gut it out.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I'm Tony Babcock, Vitor and Roberta Babcock's son.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rabin! We missed you... Glad to hear from Tony and Jamie too! Who's next..... Cool
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Steve here. AKA Rocky, but that's another story... ( Steve Perialas ) Laughing Laughing Yes, I am the guy building log homes WITH RED STEEL ROOFS..
Tag.
Conis YOU'R IT

Uncle Steve
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Steve wrote:
Uncle Steve here. AKA Rocky, but that's another story... ( Steve Perialas ) Laughing Laughing Yes, I am the guy building log homes WITH RED STEEL ROOFS..
Tag.
Conis YOU'R IT

I am never "IT" Thats because I am old, smart, fat, mean.... and make the rules up as I go along. Thats the only way I can still win?
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have heard of this BBI BABS. Strange fellow that spends more time hunting for his dogs, than his dogs do hunting for his bunnies!!! I myself have a slight connection to the island, may have lived there for a wee bit and even may have attended a class with Ann Anderson. Nice to see everyone getting re-friendly. Hope to see some of you for The Turkey Day, we will be on the island for 5 or six days cleaning up the duck mess left before the waters freeze.

GO App. STATE, DUCKS, BADGERS, AND BUCKEYES!!! Sea a lil pattern there folks.

Go GREEN!!!
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
GO App. STATE, DUCKS, BADGERS, AND BUCKEYES!!! Sea a lil pattern there folks.

Yup....a pattern of UM obsession. Typical little brother syndrome usually seen in fans of the green and white! Hey, if you can't beat someone yourself, you might as well be a fan of everyone else!

Anyways....Brad Knoll....UM fan (ya think?) teacher/coach and bigger fan of Bois Blanc Island.
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways....Brad Knoll....UM fan (ya think?) teacher/coach and bigger fan of Bois Blanc Island.

Personally... I thought the UM-MSU game was boring. The results are always so predictable.

GO BLUE!
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an MSU grad and am now a proud U of M fan. Wink Ann Arbor has been good to me, so I guess you could say I'm a "fan of Michigan fans"... or that I went to State, but was never really a Spartan. Actually, I could care less about the sport of football, but I find myself surrounded by Michigan fans and they treat me very well in spite of my green-and-white past.

Anyway, my name is Dan. Long time listener, first time caller. I work as a writer/PR guy for a nonprofit in Ann Arbor, and spend as much time as I can on BBI. Been coming to the Island since 1972 when I was about a year old. I play guitar at the tavern whenever they let me, and host the "Island Jam" too. Look for the big red Ford ex-volunteer fire truck, that's me.

Last edited by Dan Reynolds on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan....I remember you mentioning before that you went to State....I thought I was in for it when I posted my UM slanted post! I'm actually a CMU grad but grew up listening to Bob Ufer and Michigan on the radio. My mom was a big fan and always had the games on the radio back then. Of course, this was way before ESPN and having every possible game on t.v.! Lots of great people from MSU, but it sure is fun to get the jabs going back and forth from time to time. Peace to all of you MSU people!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Terry, Brad, Dan and whoever Spartan is Rolling Eyes Glad you all let us know about you and your interests.. Who's next.. I know we have several more active members and tons of lurkers... Cool
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have been away for a few days. On top of working and traveling for work, chasing after 3 little ones, running my hockey team, and serving on my home owners board and PTA. I decided to start taking classes to get my electrical engineering degree.

Anyway....I am Troy Zatorski, son of Kay Winters. My grandfather was Ray Plaunt's nephew even though they were the same age and they were raised as brothers. That makes Ray my great uncle and all the rest of the Plaunt's my cousin in one way or another. Tony (BBIBABS) and Clover (boisblancgirl) are also my cousins.

I have been coming to the island since I was 3 or 4 months old, but I live down in Texas now so I don't make it up every year.

Hey Rabin, its good to see you on here again!

Last edited by Troy on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Susie's, Peggy's, Lisa's and Al's neice. I'm Mike and Lani's daughter, granddaughter of Jim and Betty White, great granddaughter of Fay and Ila Calkins, great-great granddaughter of Etta Kimball.

I think I might be related somehow to all of you on the island. One never completely knows potential connections.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Rob, founder of this site. Newcomer to the island, first set foot on it in 2001. I'm a Ferris grad -- Go Bulldogs! (I really don't give a hoot about any kind of sports.) I keep pretty busy running the body shop @ Lemmen-Grand in Coopersville and chasing my two daughters around the house. When I get time on the island we usually lay low and putz around the house. There's always something to be done there. It has been fun to watch this site grow. Let's hear from some lurkers. Don't be shy!

http://www.bridge-view.net
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: I Reply with quote

I am Mike-Alan fay-Susie-Peggy-Lisa cousin ..

I spent many of my childhood years on the island then Alaska ..

Peggy feeley is my sister-in-law ....

I left alaska and went to Nevada now I am in Texas ..

The memories of the island and alaska have a special spot in my heart ..
I do visit both places but not ofton ...

I hope someday I will met all of you that is now enjoying the island after I left many years ago .. I enjoy all of your posts ....

p.s.

i am also related to most on the island

Last edited by theeislandgirl on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hoverusa
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Mike Lynch

I've been coming up to the Island since 88 or 89,.....
a relative newcomer to some that are here!

I wrote Jeff and Sheila's first web pages, and their last ones also,........
and yes,.......
I know it's all my fault more people found our little piece of heaven via the web,..... oh well,......

Normally you will find me camped up on the North Shore a couple of times a year, you can usually tell my campsite by the hovercraft parked out front :)

if I'm not there, I'm down by the Nelson's cabin in the Pines partying with the 'locals'! or out exploring my favorite place in the world!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to see ya all! Cool Bet there are a few more that haven't piped up yet..
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!

That MSU/U of M stuff was pretty good, I'll keep posting all through basketball season too, but I can bet all the U of M fans never liked basketball anyway, WE ONLY CARE ABOUT FOOTBALL. I like to call most of you WALL*MART Wolverines, unless you actually went to U of M, then GO BLUE!!! Other wise....

Maybe Coach D can make the game more of a rival contest instead of the Spartans playing 3 quarters every year then choking the games away.

Good fun hope to see you all at the TAVERN in the Spring. Just came off the island today a 10:30, that day always sucks (last trip of the year)

Hope the ice is good this year.

P.S.
Dan great job at the island jamb, you guys do a great job and really seem to have fun

I also heard a good one at the bar on Sat.
What do weed and wolverine football have in common....

You put them in a bowl and they both get SMOKED!!!

O.K. Wolverines...Let me have it!!!

Suzie, can't believe you don't know who this is yet!!!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Scott! Embarassed Total brain fart! the Spartan id throws me I guess and wading thru all the football crap.. Laughing I was a Panther in high school.. Wink
Poppa Boot Hands
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: figures... Reply with quote

the first thing I come back to in Ann Arbor is Scott running his mouth about UM...

But Scott did you hear about MSU's library??

it burned down and all the books were destroyed...one wasn't even colored in yet!... Shocked

I told Scott on the boat that I would have a UM hat waiting for him in the spring...his response was that he needed something to clean his hands off when he changed the oil in his truck....clever

ANYWAY...for those of you who don't know me....My name is Pete Shannon, son of the late Sandy (who I assume you have all met at one point) and Kathy Shannon...Katie is my sister

I am in undergrad at the only legit school in michigan (ann arbor) and am studying to be a physician assistant...

I had a great time this weekend with my family and some of the island regulars in the tavern...be ready to get stomped out in shuffleboard when I return...

and always remember

Q: What's the difference between a Ohio State fan and a carp?

A: One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody I like this post. My name is kevin gibbons and i'm son to Glenn and Mayme Gibbons. My family moved to the island in 1923 for good. My mother was a babcock and my father's mother was a Caukins so that pretty much puts me related to everyone on the island. I now live in Cheboygan and own Gibbons Modular Homes and Town & Country Mortgage. I went to school from K-8th on the island and high school in cheboygan. I have been on the island for the last 54 years and have seen many changes, good and bad.
katie
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: figures... Reply with quote

Poppa Boot Hands wrote:
the first thing I come back to in Ann Arbor is Scott running his mouth about UM...

But Scott did you hear about MSU's library??

it burned down and all the books were destroyed...one wasn't even colored in yet!... Shocked

I told Scott on the boat that I would have a UM hat waiting for him in the spring...his response was that he needed something to clean his hands off when he changed the oil in his truck....clever

ANYWAY...for those of you who don't know me....My name is Pete Shannon, son of the late Sandy (who I assume you have all met at one point) and Kathy Shannon...Katie is my sister

I am in undergrad at the only legit school in michigan (ann arbor) and am studying to be a physician assistant...

I had a great time this weekend with my family and some of the island regulars in the tavern...be ready to get stomped out in shuffleboard when I return...

and always remember

Q: What's the difference between a Ohio State fan and a carp?

A: One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish

seriously, Pete?....1985 called, they want their jokes back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: