Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Let's Get Re-Acquainted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie,

Are you not Pete's sister???

That is CLASSIC!!!
katie
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i AM pete's sister and i went to Michigan.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all you other people out there to scared to introduce yourself. If Scott an do it anybody can. He has more enemy's then anybody I know.
jnye
Weekend Worshiper
Weekend Worshiper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG nothing better than Wolverine siblings fighting!!!

What a great Thanksgiving on the island!!!

Scott... when Susie couldn't figure it out, I told her it was you, and she still didn't believe me.

I do have one request... if you are going to go by "Spartan-1", can you try to dress is something other unitard when you go to the Tavern. That's just giving the UofM fans WAY too much ammunition. Plus, we're practically related... I don't EVER need to see that much of you again!

Go State!
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Not burdened Reply with quote

I am not burdened by the rivalry stuff. My parents were not into football and I went to a college that didn't have a football program. It took me quite a number of years to figure out which Michigan college people were talking about and which city they were in. [ U of M, is that the one in Ann Arbor or is that the one in Lansing? ] You might say that I was deprived but, it doesn't feel like it.

About me. I started out in Almont, then my grandparents farm in Kalkaska County, then Cheboygen, then Standish, then The Soo, then the Army and Vietnam, then back to Standish, then back to the Soo, then Muskegon, then back to the town of Kalkaska for 16 years, then Bois Blanc Island, Lani arriving in fall 1989 to teach and me in spring 1990 to build at Sand Bay.

My grandparents were Fay & Ila Calkins (without a u). Mick Caulkins can rest easy because, it appears that we are not related. My grandparents and the Gibbons came from Kalkaska County, back in the 20's, and Kevins Grandmother, Ida (Peggy) was a sister of my grandfather. They looked a lot alike. After 1949, my grandparents lived across from the school in the log cabin there. Another relation is Roberta Babcock. Her father was also another Calkins brother. I also should not forget Uncle Fred, another Calkins brother, that owned the place that is now called Insel House.

I have seven other brothers and sisters: Alan, Carl, Jeff, Brian, Susie, Peggy and Lisa. The ones in bold are active members of this site. Feel lucky that they are not all active members.

So that is my background in sickening detail. GO LAKERS

Last edited by mikewhite on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is an intro! Thanks Mike! You took the north and I went south.. Mom says I retraced steps the family had already.. Pontiac, where Dad was born.. Dryden, he drove the little car thru the school there.. Remember that story? Laughing I worked at the White Horse Inn in Metamora. Near Dad's brother Izzy.. I kept trying not to come back to KTown and ended up here anyway.. Dang! We sure do get around! Mostly following work in this fickle State of ours.. Rolling Eyes

I didn't believe you Jamie because I couldn't remember Scott's user name! I thought, for sure, it wasn't Spartan.. It is hard enough for me to remember names at all! LOL!
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!

Nice intro. PREACHER MAN! Missed you folks at the tavern this past weekend. Sure was fun runnin round in my ? Unitard? James, I can change into my soft fuzzy GREEN and WHITE tards, but other parts seem to hang out of those!!!

Besides... I been called much worse by better ( THan Wolverine Fans) Good to see you all, James will you be on the island when the ice freezes???
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in the area of Michigan State but I am a U of M fan. Have lived in this area all of my life and only went to three schools. The same elementary, then on to junior high and off to high school. We were lucky in that way. And from high school have traveled to many places. Go Wolverines! Hate to see their coach go, he has done such a great job with his guys.
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must run in the family Dad and Susie. I've moved 30 times in my lifetime. Someday I'll settle
jnye
Weekend Worshiper
Weekend Worshiper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully I will be back on the island post ice. That is one of my island goals anyway. Haven't been there in the winter since I wore a Willa Jean Multicolored Knit hat. I loved that thing.... it was purple, yellow, orange, green,red, blue, chartruse, burnt sienna, olive, aqua and mauve...it was awesome. I think you and I had matching ones that year. Al and Ben got the solid ones.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lana .. 30 times ..Wow !!

They say a rolling stone gathers no moss but I do not believe that .. I have moved alot too .. and it has made me what I am today .. I was able to live in the middle of no where in Nevada watching the Tumble weeds fly across the fields ... and oh how I loved the smell of the sage after a little rain !.. it all was so diffrent to me but so thankful I was able to live in Nevada .. so diffrent then where I was from ..... Alaska was a great place too .. when I say I wanna go home its alaska not the island ..
Both places are so special .. now in texas .. now I am learning more ..

Its a Happy Day !! Very Happy
Weena Fritzer
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: I am Fritz Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am nicknamed Weena and that is usually what I respond to if your friendly. My husband and I, along with my Brother and Sister in law own a small parcel and visit as often as we can. Live in Jackson, MI but can never get enough of the island retreat. Wish we knew more people on the island. Would love to get to know the regular returners and the locals. Gradually hope to put faces with names soon.
ashleygask
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Ashley Zavala. Daughter of the late Timothy Gask. My granparents' cabin is on the East End. My grandparents are Bill and Marge Gask. Grandpa is gone now, but we make sure to get up there and enjoy his favorite place. We stay at the little red A Frame cabin. I think we've been on the Island for for 20+ years. Not sure on that. Connie and Nancy are my aunts. Kyle Gask is my cousin. You probably know them the most, because they are up there more than I am. My son William and I will be up in about a week. I can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site all you newbies, or should I say, black fly bait.. Smile Hope to hear from everyone over time.. Cool
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: more Reply with quote

I decided to get this back up so more people can post

So Hey you who ever you are there are many more that could tell a little about your self ... so lets here from you !
and maybe get some more mug shots ???
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: OH! IO! Reply with quote

I am Madeline (Culver) Simon's granddaughter, Megan from Ashtabula, Ohio. My Grams grew up on the Island and we have a lot of history there! Can't wait to go back...for being 23, I love living the quiet life....I enjoy the water, the land, the deer. They are way too small to hunt...my 10-point buck totally beats your deer! Surprised) But the turkey are a good size! I'd love to spend a Summer up there...any takers!

I gotta put this on here since I saw the MSU fans so...GO OSU! LOVE OUR BUCKS!! Razz

-Megan[/b]
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Culver...

As long as you are not an M go Blow lover we all love the Spartans and love the Bucks once every year!!!

Go GREEN and GO BUCKEYES!!! Man I love writing that...as I know IT REALLY stings some FOLKS!!!

RICH ROD STILL SELLIN SNAKE OIL!!!
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Culver say whaaat! HA! No no no no doctor for me...! Very Happy Now now....our Bucks are much better. We did win 2 years in a row, football wise, for champoinship...I don't know what happened the last whatever years!

And our Cavs? At least we have Lebron and now Shaq HA! Wow...basketball season just ended and it needs to come back again! What else....hmm...ya...I got nothing but give me time since I am already running late for work!

--Megan Moore
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And PS....were you at the Tavern the night my entire family took over and I said I was a vet and was trying to steal the wooden man face? HA! I do work at a vet clinic...have for 7 years. You gotta tell stories about your background on vacations!! Razz

--Megs
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL...MEGAN!!!

I'm not a doctor...but I'll take a look anyway Smile

How bout the BROWNS...MAYBE the INDIANS...???

I try to stay away from the tavern...seems we always managed to get booted from that place...Too rowdy...I think NOT!!!

Pray for snow and...GO GREEN!!!
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O LORD! The BROWNS....what??? I so quit Cleveland football! Until they get their heads outta their behinds...and find a decent coach...and get better TEAM players, we will be fine! 20 some years ago.....we are an amazing team! And the Indians...!! I dont't know WHAT happened to them this year! Went to 2 games this year and that is it. At least one was them vs. NY Yankees and thank GOD they won haha!! I hate the Skankies!!!

What do you mean pray for snow...NOOOOO! I hate snow! I am totally moving south....one day ha! I am so tired of it...drivin in it, shoveling in it, being thrown into ditches lol....black ice...coooooldness....ugh!

And I cannot figure out how to get pics on here! This isn't like facebook ha! It says my pics are too big!?!
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait wait...too ROWDY! Come to MY country bar here in Austinburg....which is our farmtown....hence our farm there lol. I will show you ROWDY!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Meg Reply with quote

This site is having problems with posting pictures right now .....
One day it will be fixed ..
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day....hah!! Ok that works for me!
LittleCurrier
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello my name is Anna Ebersberger , i have been going to Boblo since i was a baby , i stay at my grandfathers cabin ( The Currier Cottage) which he left to my mother(Nancy) and 2 aunts (AMy and Rebecca). I havent been to Boblo in 4 years but i am very excited becuse i will be returning next summer Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: