Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

WTB: Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> For Sale or Wanted to Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: WTB: Wood Reply with quote

Who sells wood on the island? I would like to buy a couple cords. Does anyone know the price and if they deliver?? Thanks..Brad
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who is doing it now but I bet my brother would know.. Or Clover for sure.. If you called the post office, Al may be able to help you.
johnLeslie
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with selling timber from cleared land on the island. My brother told me I should just keep the timber for firewood. Does anybody have any suggestions? Anybody have any idea what the going rate is for timber on the island?
Thanks
John Question
island turtle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to contact Russ or Stuart Riker. They have a sawmill and lots of wood. They are cutting Island timber. If they can't help you, I'm sure they'll let you know of someone who can.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Don't know about BBI prices, but I buy Pine (red and white) delivered to the sawmill at $ 250- $275 (depending on the log length) per 1,000 board ft. 1''X12"x12".. A good mill operator or logger can estimate how many board feet are in a log... They will estimate low and cut the maximum Brd ft,. From each log.. to get the most amount of profit.. Remember Profit is not a dirty word, that's how people make a living.. Most likely they would not want anything less than 8.5 ft long.. The longer the better..
Good luck

Uncle Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> For Sale or Wanted to Buy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: