Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Island Boys Just Want to Have Fun! B.S. Starts Here..
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Island Boys Just Want to Have Fun! B.S. Starts Here.. Reply with quote

Here ya go guys.. A spot just for you all to tell us about your great adventures.. Should we start a Gals topic too? Renamed in honor of BBIBabs suggestion. Cool

Last edited by Al's Sister on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babbs, ya remember that old 5 speed you had. Going down the road behind the hotel and you popped a wheelie and the front tire came off. Man when those forks touched down, now that was a kodak moment. Man that Spartan Bob doesn't forget anything does he? I think I'll just stay in this little corner of paradise. Thanx "Al's Sister".
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Spartin-1 does have a good memory, you got to remember he is younger than us.
You know you would think after that time with the 5 speed I would have stop crap like that but it wasnít until we built one of thoughts great jumping ramps at my house and I was about 15í in the air and it fell off that I remember a little something I might not want to do again.
Hay do you remember that time Blue 72 was doing donuts in the high school lawn and got stuck. Then hid the beer cans under the car. Boy what a surprise that was when the tow truck yanked his car out. I bet the cops are still laughing about that one.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the little feller made mention of that and no one can prove where those empties came from. I maintain that, through an odd stroke of luck we just happened to come to rest on top of that pile.
katie
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i read this heading, i was really nervous that it was going to be about my brother.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's your brother? Maybe we can bring him into the fold.
katie
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue72 wrote:
Who's your brother? Maybe we can bring him into the fold.

haha. please don't.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone herd when Curt is going to go get Uncle Rayís air sled? I shore look forward to getting another ride. The last tripe didnít go so well. We needed the prop on the bottom of the sled to go like a boat.
I aloes forgot to answer Blue 72 or Spartin-1 question on the door on Uncle Rayís hunting shack. He was shooting at a deer one day and missed it about 10 times. So he asked the DNR lady if he could mount a door on his shack because he shot a lot better out a car window. So you know me, I was more than happy to help the Old guy out.
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover I read your memories a while back. I really enjoyed them. Why donít you join us guys and tell some of your stories. I wonít tell your mom, I promise.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover you'll fit right in growing up with all those boys. I remember seeing a lot of those snapshots when your folks still lived in the pines. Ole' Hubert was a top notch story teller. You never knew when he was pulling your leg because he had that twinkle in his eyes and that smirk. Between him and Big Marv, it is a wonder none of us ended up in thereapy Shocked
Spartan-1
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LISA BORRS...

2o hamburgers for free...

I mean that kinda crap never happens...anymore. BABS...IT IS SPARTAN-1 you maarooon...!!! How did that kid's knee ever heal up, getting pulled along by big brother on the 4 wheeler...lil bugger is chip off the old block!!!

How about the one when I asked Bud Spray what a PEEP show was, I think Ted WET himself that trip. It was on the way to Mark's wedding, so I had to be at least 7-8!!!

I attribute all of my trouble to you to misfits... I might be president if it weren't for you too ewets!!!

AND KATIE I know who Peter is...oops I mean your brother. He is more that welcome to oblige the other two fellas in conversation. After whipping his tail in shuffle board this fall I doubt he will join in!!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks little man. Lisa Borrs was the name I was trying to think of. Only her name isn't Borrs anymore, and she is a traveling nurse. I worked with her at St Mary's for a while. She is still a tough girl, but man does she have some fond memories of kicking Ted's butt. Classic. Of course , several of us have those same fond memories.
The car door on the hunting shack is good, but ask Jim McLaren what he thinks about hunting rabbits with Tony. that was a special trip. Thought he was going to shoot both of us.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 free burgers isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when you try and play racquetball after and then you get home and find out your having chili for dinner....with lots of hamburger. You'd think I'd have learned from that mistake and then some one decided a pancake eating contest was a good thing to try. First annual Chiefs vs. Eagles. I ate 32 in 30 minutes. I don't believe I have had a pancake since then. Thought I was going to end up wearing Kevin Weiss's before it was over. Where can you find social events like that. If I'm not mistaken, jnye's big brother was at that table.
jnye
Weekend Worshiper
Weekend Worshiper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so funny because as I was reading that... it was like it happened yesterday... Didn't one of the Catholic boys puke right at the table... must have been a stempky or a blaskowski... Ben was for sure at that table. hahahaha. You say first annual - but I believe that was the first and last pancake eating contest!
jnye
Weekend Worshiper
Weekend Worshiper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First.. Susie - thank you for giving the crazies a forum in which to speak freely without offending the more sensitive ears... I logged on today just to hear BBIBABS and Blue72... and well, I guess Spartan-1 is funny too.

And secondly, Pete would totally fit in.

Question: Blue, BABS and Spartan... (and yes I mean "in the nude") what year did you graduate from Cheboygan???

And lastly, the more I read, the more I understand why my parents made us stay in Cheboygan as children, but I'm kinda mad they did.

And really lastly... I'm pretty sure that it was a fairly recent development that any of my dad's vehicles had doors, and brakes. If he had a spotted smock with a kerchief, rather than sagging pants, he would have looked exactly like Fred Flintstone.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your memory is pretty good except it was Rick Rogers that lost it all over the table and Kevin Weiss managed to make it to the bathroom, but I gotta tell ya, it's hard to eat with him across the table turning green. Almost made me give up food altogether. I was thinking Gary Warsecke was on that team but no that would have been beneath him. I think the Cheboygan squad was myself, Rick Rogers, Lonnie MacDonald and Frank Schneider.
As for graduation, I was '84, BBIBABS was '83 and Spartan-1 I'm not sure he ever graduated. With an ego as big as his, he probably didn't think he had to.
Now I'm stuck with a vision of your dad with polka dots AND his droopy jeans. Have mercy
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 free burgers, now that was funny poor little guy could hardly walk after that. You were just a little slow at the racquetball court.
I didnít here about the Pancake ordeal before. Some people never learn.
Jnye your right that Spartan-1 is a little funny, but donít let him fool you with heís good looks and manners, he was the one talking about PEEP show when he was 7-8.
And who is this Peter guy, Iíd like to meet him, sounds like our kind of guy.
And Lisa, I must have missed some of my high school years, I donít remember Lisa.
Old Blue 72 is right I graduated in 83.
Has anyone used that special football helmet they had to buy Blue 72, you know cause his head was so big?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all crack me up.. I was such a good child I'm sure I couldn't come up with any of the great stories you all have! I think the worst trouble I had on the Island is when Feeley's pony, Chief dropped me hard in front of my Dad.. I thought I would never breathe again! I thought my Dad was going to have a stroke, he was soo scared! It was when I got bigger that the fun started.. Twisted Evil

I'm sure my big brothers thought I was a real pest though.. I remember making them carry me out to the big rock in front of Gahn's.. I must of been way small! That rock isn't even in the water anymore.. I thought all those Island kids were soo cool! They could swim like dolphins and lived where I wanted to be living too! Hearing the stories has been a load of fun! Cool
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alís Sister
Ask Al White to give you some dirt, Iím sore he could.
And thoughts ponies of Dondiís were nuts. We were riding them one day and one decided to ride the other one. I fell off, Dondi jumped off and away they went. What a way to get an sex education. I donít ride ponies any more.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, that stinkin'horse was possessed. Chief didn't even like his owners. I don't remember the other horse's name but she was pretty mild.
As for that special helmet BBIBABS refers to. I believe that they plugged the ear holes and turned it upside down and now use it as a 3 man whirlpool. I was going to take it when I left, but it wouldn't fit in the trunk. Lisa Borrs was a big ugly bug eatin biker type that used to hang out with the Guyette boys. I think Ted was her pet peave, and you know him, he could help but pull her chain.
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will be the first one to throw it out there

Hooray for blue72 hooray at last hooray for blue72 he's a horses axx !!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big K I haven't seen you since I was trying to keep you out of trouble at your grandparents house in the pines. You were about 2 feet tall then so you must have had a growth spurt sometime in the last 30 years. or is big a relative term?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Yea! I was sure you all had pony experiences.. Al is a tough nut to crack.. Getting stories out of him will be tough.. What happens on the Island stays on the Island! Laughing Maybe he'll loosin up now that he has his own kid.. Funny thing.. A few more years and his girl will be going to school with Ted's boys! Shocked Laughing I'm looking forward to hearing thier memories!
BIG K
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the size artificailly enhanced for sure. the last thing remember is you on top of spartan 1 with his arms pined under you knees and he would say don't break my glasses not my glasses then when he couldn't move any more he would say my nose itches let me itch my noes. And then the fight was back on then your mom would say that was enough but that would't seem to stop it most of the time.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that seems about right. If you don't clean your glasses, you don't hear so good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: