Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Anyone out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Anyone out there? Reply with quote

#Sleep Are we still having the chats on Sunday at 630pm and Thursday at 9pm? Its been aweful slow around here, I guess everyone is enjoying the last couple weekends before school starts. I am sure it will pick up after Labor Day is over. #Sleep
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask the same question Laughing I haven't been able to be online when the chats are scheduled. Just wondering if anybody's been chatting.

Yep, it's been awefully quiet around here. I imagine you're right about people enjoying the last few weeks of summer. We were up on the island last weekend and hope to get up for Labor Day as well. I'll try to get some more pics up for those of you who are too far to make it to the island.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I'll admit to being a lurker.. We have had company or an event every weekend for a while now! I'm tired! My husband wants to keep the phone line open for business calls too, so I don't usually get on until 9:30-10pm sometimes or real early in the morn.. We will also be up on the Island for a wedding, Labor Day weekend... Look us up, Rob.. We will be in a light blue Ford pickup with a big cap on the back.. We park at Sand Bay for sleeping and hang in the Pines at Al's.. Troy, that is a real nice pic of your family.. Those girls are getting big fast, aren't they?
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are!
I am so jealous litening to you 2 talk about going to the island. We have already made our reservations for next summer, we will be there from July 31st til August 6th. I hope thats the right weekend for the reunion. I talked to Lana and she is pretty excited and said she would be there too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LavenderLynn
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: Yep - Been Lurkin Reply with quote

They say confession is good for the soul. I've been lurking everyday looking for anything new about the Island. Our family will be coming up for two weeks in November. And, although I love Summer.....I can hardly wait for (dare I say it) Embarassed November to get here !! Razz

It's been almost 2 loooonnnngggg years since our last trip, September, 1991 (yup, weekend before the WTC attacks). Hopefully, we'll see some of you folks when we're there. I know we'll at least get to meet Rob and his family, we're renting their house! Very Happy
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where at Sand Bay can a person sleep-pitch a tent, etc.? The last we knew this was all private property. Would we need to get permission to do this? If so, from whom?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Squeaky, It is all private... Sorry to confuse you.. My brother is Mike White and he is always kind enough to let us park out there...
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thank You Al's Sister for the information. I had heard that all of Sand Bay was private. Is there any place there at the Island that a person can camp and not feel too isolated-alone Question LOL
mmm
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and my wife camped up on the north shore this summer, in a State land campsite. It wasn't crowded, but there were people around.

If you take the beach "road" further east there isn't anyone at all, and it's pretty rough, although I did it it an mini-van(!). But where Bible Road dead-ends it's not that desolate or remote. You can get water at the airport, assuming the pump works.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for the information on the North Shore MMM. Is the beach on the North Shore pretty sandy. Very Happy Is it as weedy as Sand Bay's beach Question I know Sand Bay had started to loose a lot of its sandy beach. Sad But then again it has been a while since I have seen either.
mmm
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beach is pretty rocky, but the bottom is sandy. No weeds, and a long way out before the drop-off.

We weren't much for swimming in the big lake, since it's cold, although we waded around some. There's a public boat launch - I think it's Thompson Lake, but I don't remember exactly, and it looked like you could swim there.

The deer flies were bad, but we had some stuff that would keep them off.

Had a great time, though!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bugs have dropped off a lot this time of year.. I love early Spring and Fall for time on the Island.. I would also recommend water shoes.. I love wading the North shore beach... Toward Mcrae's Bay it gets real rocky, but it's decent with a mix of sand there by the cross.. Primative camping but clean with other camping neighbors usually.. I don't know if you can camp at Thompson although there is a boat launch there and mucky spots.. Confused

Yes, The beach grass covers much of Sand Bay beach but it is still wonderful sand under the water to walk on.. I still use water shoes sometimes there too as there can be an occasional rock to stub your toe on. Shocked

Sorry I'm not more help....
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Susie...don't forget the poison Ivy on the North Shore. Mostly around the cross.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys .. I am going to try to get on here more .. its really a great site ...and I want to support it ......

I want to get on a chat real soon .. so hope we all can find time soon ...

I miss the Rock ... alot of memories for me there ...

it was pretty special to go to a one room school house ... Memories flowing here of the Island ..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FeFe.. I'm glad you are here. Try coming to the site at the times listed in the first post in this thread.. I try to come but have been pretty busy lately... Jeff made it to a couple.. That was cool! Check the time change though.. The times listed are eastern..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: