Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Summer Events, 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Summer Events, 2008 Reply with quote

Instead of putting events under some other posting, I thought to have a post titled for it. I'm going to cut and paste a little from another post.

Anyone that knows about some upcoming event, jump right in and let us know.

------------------------------------------------

Your primary source of [free] info here are the bulletin boards.

I think Loren Gibbons is still the treasurer for the BBI Association. His number is (taken from the Island Directory) 231-634-7055. I'm sure he can help you.

The Historical Society museum is open every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10am to 2pm. If you snooze you loose.

History night will be at the Wagner Room at 7pm Friday, July 25th.

Story Hour is held every Wednesday at the historical Society building during July and August. About 20 kids come and enjoy that each time.

There will be a second history night in August on the 15th. I'm not sure, but it probably will be at the Coast Guard Chapel.
THIS IS CHANGED TO A GORDON LIGHTFOOT MEDLEY AT 8PM.

Joyce Peccon is the current president of the historical society. Her number is 231-634-7365. She can answer any questions you have. I just realized that the calender is for next year, so it isn't going to help for this summer.

Shuffle board for the girls every hursday evening at the tavern. Can't forget that.

Also for the girls is the Red Hat get together [not a meeting] the 2nd Tuesdays of July and August.

Almost forgot square dancing Thursday nights at the Hoover Building.

If I have any of this wrong, please jump in and correct.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
July 26th for those of you who knew Mr. Franks there will be a memorial service for him at the Coast Guard Chapel at 4 p.m..

August 2nd is the BBI Association meeting at 10 a.m.. The Fine Arts Fair will be from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Dick and Pat Card's lawn near the school. There will also be a luncheon that day at the Hoover Building from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

August 9th is the annual Babcock craft and bake sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hoover Building.

August 9th there will be a memorial service for Travella Sheets but not sure of the time yet.
----------------------------------------------------------------
We just read on the bulletin board at Hawk's Landing they will be having an open house of the new terminal at the airport on August 9th. I think I read where it will be at 2 p.m. for cookies and ice cream.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
NOW, INSTEAD OF A MEMORY NIGHT ON AUGUST 15, THERE WILL BE A MEDLEY OF THE MUSIC OF GORDON LIGHTFOOT. IT IS AT 8PM IN THE WAGNER ROOM [in back of the fire dept.] TICKETS ARE $10. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE BBI HISTORICAL SOCIETY. This is put on by the same guy who gave a talk about the Mackinac Bridge last year. I have been told that this is a great show.

Last edited by mikewhite on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: knitting Reply with quote

There is also a knitting night at Newhouses. I hear that you do not need to know how to knit, but knowing how to talk is mandatory.

Someone should know the day and time for this.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Games Reply with quote

The Coast Guard Chapel has a Fun Night or Game Evening.

Someone needs to tell us more about that.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mike! This is very helpful! Cool
Weena Fritzer
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Primitive Gathering Reply with quote

Am I correct when I say there is a Primitive Gathering this weekend Aug 9th. If so, can anyone tell me where to go. My family and I are interested and will be on the Island bright and early saturday morning. Hope to see you all then.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Medley of Music Reply with quote

There are ten tickets left for the Medley of Music of Gordon Lightfoot this Friday the 15th at 8pm. Cris McAfee has 6 of them. Her number is 634-7267. The other 4 are at the museum. It is open tomorrow the 14th.

They cost $10 and all proceeds go to the historical society.

If you don't get a ticket, you probably will be able to pay at the door.

The word is, that they are really good, and it's for a good cause.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: