Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ideas For Newbies to Get Started With....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Ideas For Newbies to Get Started With.... Reply with quote

Some of us who have been here for a while want to see post from those of you who haven't introduced yourselves yet or haven't posted in a while.. For example...
From Louise-
I am one of those silent visitors.I use the Island page as my home site.Every time I hit the net I brouse this site first. I enjoy seeing the Island pictures and the chatter. I have been a summer person for more years than I am willing to admit to. The first of my family to land on the Island was my grandfather Floyd Sullivan in 1932.The Dodge side arrived a couple of years later.We have a picture of Grandpa,Dean Cox(my cousin) and dad(a teen age Paul Sullivan), on the big rock.Even back then the rock had a big draw.
This Dec I am going to fufill a life time dream,Winter on the Island.I will post my experiences from time to time. I know it will br cold,I know there will be lots of snow,I know that Gregg and I will need to cut wood(how many logs is ten cords?). After 5 years of North Carolina winters I hope I'm up to this, but I figure if not now, when?
My Island summers have been the best times of my life I expect the winters to be just as good,only different,really different.
Maybe the way to get people to talk is to have a list of most frequently asked questions.Like,Where's your cabin,How long you've been visiting the Island,Do you have family and/or friends on the Island,Do you fish,Where do you fish,Do you catch much,What do you use as bait,Do you hunt,How many pounds/tons of rock have you carried off the beach,Do you have a sure fire repelent for black flies,Have you been to the big rock yet... The list could be endless.Take it from a somewhat shy person,barging into a conversation on the computer is almost as intimidating as walking into a party of strangers and singing Twinkle(thats another story).Maybe the webmaster could prime the conversational pump.Speaking of the webmaster,you are doing a great job,thank you.

Louise left a few good ideas. Thanks Tons Louise! Very Happy Some others are posting pics.. Always a good ice breaker. ( And I'm not talking the Mackinaw Very Happy ) Remember to let people know you have posted a pic and add comments to the pics under photo comments in the forum.. The comments you leave with the photo doesn't show up on the new posts.. Mostly we are looking for an active, useful site for everyone... Enjoy and Happy Holidays! #X-mas
louise
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would post a picture but I am burdened with all this wonderful,up to the minuet equipment and an old technoligy brain.I am also stymied by the lack of a local carrier for the Island. If you know how to hook up on the Island for cheap please let me know. My boys at the dorm feel that I have a Mazerati(Sony Vio) when I should be running a VW bus(may be a 6 year old Gate Way).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: