Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New Islanders...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: New Islanders... Reply with quote

Hi, thought I would finally introduce our family. We visited Bois Blanc for the first time in June 2003 and fell in love with it!!! So...........we purchased a home in the Pines. I guess most people know it as "Uncle Tom's Cabin or Cottage"? We understand he had 2 places on the island, both called by the same name? Anyway, we want to spend as much time as possible there- it is so peaceful and beautiful. I think we will be there for all of the summer next year- and all of the times we can get there before then.

We live in Indiana- we are right on the Michigan/Indiana border. We have 3 sons, who also can't wait to get back up there! They are 15,14, and 6. Thanks for having this site. We check in here almost daily. It is our link to the place we love when we can't be there!

I will post a picture of our family later today.

Chris
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Chris, and your family... You must of purchased the home near the old gift shop called The Poor House.. You have an awesome beach to enjoy.. Uncle Tom was a well known man and there are quite a few people who miss him.. He purchased that house so there would be room for his family to visit. His other cabin. (The original Uncle Tom's cabin) is a one room place. I'm glad you are enjoying the site.. Susie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: