Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Lisa's Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Lisa's Pictures Reply with quote

Lisa's pictures are located here. Let her know what you think!
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:36 am    Post subject: Rob...Great Job! Reply with quote

I just want to thank you Rob, for such a great job with putting my pics on! They look great on the screen! Also, what a great site! Lisa
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw shucks Embarassed

Laughing

Thanks for the compliment. Thank you for sending the pictures, they add a lot to the site.

Rob
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: More pics Reply with quote

More pics were added yesterday. They're on Page 5.

Enjoy!
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: wow! Reply with quote

Holy cow Lisa! Those are beautiful photos - especially that one of the North Shore road in the mist. If you're not already a pro photographer, you should be!

Take care,
Dan
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:49 pm    Post subject: Thankx Dan Reply with quote

Laughing Thank You very much! I am a pro photographer....I also do digital restoration of old photographs and manipulation of new pics. The North Shore pic you are referring to is the Fog pic? If so, I shot that on slide on a long weekend trip with one of my friends. I burned maybe 13-15 rolls of film. Color , B/W, and slide. My bro Mike White took us around the island in his truck. We would see something and bang on the top, we were in the back, and he would stop. This went on for almost three days! I shoot mostly digital now. But still rely on my Pentax K1000 for the more intricate shots. I like existing light, and like a play on shadows.
As I said, I shot it on slide film, scanned on the computer, then manipulated color, burned in some areas, and tryed to make an underexposed shot look good. I was very happy with the results and I am now of the belief that no picture is a bad picture. It just needs help!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the fog pic is the one I was referring to. It was my favorite, but the others are fantastic as well. You'll have to let us know if you ever decide to sell any of your Island photography (unless you are doing so already and I just missed it...).

I met Mike and Lani about 10 years ago, when I was 20 and just starting to go to the Island on my own. I bought an old GMC pickup from them, that I'd planned to use on the Island but ended up taking downstate. They were very nice to me. I hope Lani is doing all right.

Take care,
Dan
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Sale Of Pics~Prices Reply with quote

I do sell at Hawk's and if you want to order any pics you see here, please let me know. Digital enlargements are still sorta expensive, but still not as bad as having 35mm done custom at a commercial lab. Lani is doing well, she is our little walking miracle! We love her dearly and it would leave a large hole in this world for us if she wasn't in it! They are the most nicest, loving couple around, and would do anything for anyone. Course he is my brother.....LOL!

Approx. prices as follows:
5x7.......$20
8x10......$35
8x12......$40
11x14....$45
12x18....$50
20x30....$85

These prices I know because I have had orders for these sizes. Keep in mind that an 8x10, 11x14, 16x20,20x24, or poster 20x30 would be slightly cropped on the ends, whereas the 5x7, 8x12 or 12x18 sizes are more full frame. If you have a certain frame size or custom size you want I can get an estimate. These prices do include shipping and tax.
Thanks for asking....hope I did not overload you with information!
Some images may not have enough pixels to blow up, but most of mine can go to 12x18 easily. Some all the way to poster size!
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that information! Guess I should have been paying more attention last time I was in Hawk's. I'll definitely be interested in buying one or more and will E-mail you directly when I decide which one(s) and what size(s).

If I can't be on the Island, then I want to bring the Island home and hang it on my wall!

Take care,
Dan
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Thanks Dan... Reply with quote

Very Happy .......When I was at Hawk's last I found my pictures on a shelf collecting dust. Sheila and her husband are very busy people. Anyway, they had decided that because there is smoking there, and they found that pictures were leaving their mark on the very nice walls they put up, that they weren't going to hang up anymore. I cleaned them off and placed them on the floor below the other pics someone had on the wall. I only had about 4 pics left out of about 13 that I had sent up. Have some more to put up for next year, I guess I better get busy! I don't blame them one bit, their walls turned out so nice when they renovated.
You just let me know what you want and I will get right on it! Thanks!
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:46 am    Post subject: Cute neice! Reply with quote

I just wanted to say that the pic of your neice that you put in the album is precious!
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: More Lisa Pic's in the Gallery! Reply with quote

I added another page of Lisa's pic's to the Special Album today. Check them out here.

Thanks for sharing them with us Lisa! thumbs_up!

Rob
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa, I love the pics of the cemetery. Do you know who's headstone is in that picture? My dad is buried there. In the picture with the fence in it, if you follow the fence to the left side of the picture, just past the end of the fence behind the tree is our family plots. I think that would be right next to the one you took a pic of, near the tree that bends at the bottom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all, but my favorite of the last batch is the square dancing pic. That looks like it came from an issue National Geographic.

Excellent pics! #monalisa
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I've viewed the pictures several times but now I thought I should post a reply. The pictures help me and my addiction to the island. We all have pictures of our great times on the island in our minds, but it sure is nice to be able to look at these. How many people think of the island on a daily basis? I do. And I often go to bed at night and think of my next time on the island. I only make it up about two or three times a year, yet it consumes my thoughts. For those of you that are up there more often, does this wear off or does the romance continue? I would never want to take my time there for granted and have it get old.....Brad
LavenderLynn
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Always on my mind...... Reply with quote

Brad,

Loving Bois Blanc will never leave your heart. It's love at first sight. It's Michigan's best kept secret. I too hope it never becomes another Mackinac Island. What makes it special is so many things. Where else in Michigan can you go that's not crowded, that has such unspoiled beauty, that is so quiet and peaceful, and gives you such a sense of being in another world? I love waking up to the sound of waves lapping on the shore and the hauntingly beautiful buoy horn blowing - and nothing else, no traffic, no tractors, no lawn mowers, no dogs barking, no gun shots, no sirens - just the peaceful sounds of nature as God intended. It's these things and so much more.

It's God's country - a little heaven on earth. Enjoy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa,
He was my step-dad and the last name is Bennett. The headstone will have Donald (with dates) and Patricia Kay on it. I think I do have a pic of it but thought it would be cool to have one on the site too. If you don't have one, maybe I can locate mine and put it on the site. I want to put some pics of Missy, Lana, my brother and me when we were little on there too, but I think my mom has them all.
Thanks
Troy
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to send you a reply to your email, twice, but it keeps coming back undelivered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Troy Reply with quote

Send to lizajane@chartermi.net Rob could you check that please? Not the first time.
No I did not get that pic at the cemetary, sorry!
Glad to see Lana on here!
LavenderLynn
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: New Pictures Reply with quote

Lisa,

I love the new pictures you uploaded. Especially the sunset with the poem. You seem to have a real knack for poetry.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Aw Shucks, it runs in my family! Wink
islendbird

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by islendbird on Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Lisa's Pictures Reply with quote

They are great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well that word is not fitting !!

no word to decribe her shots ..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thank you Thank You!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: