Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Island Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> BBI TOWN HALL
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I am not ticked at Joe Schlund for working either privately or for the MCRC. My only gripe with Joe was his insulting demeanor. He thinks he owns 33' either side of our county road midline. Thats arrogance.

I can be upset with Joe Schlund because he dictates projects on this island. MCRC did not come over here and say, "hey, lets dig some ditches." That project came from the island and was presented to our township and to the MCRC... The MCRC is ultimately to blame for using MCRC employee to do MCRC work without documentation of a problem. Our township allocated money without any hard facts. I'm repeating myself.

Your analogy is meaningless. If the pencil guy dictated how many pencils I would get, then the board ok'd that number, and then the pencil guy delivered them, your analogy would be accurate. Joe dictated the projects, MCRC ok'd the projects, Joe delilvered the work. Joe is responsible for wasting my money. Blame who you choose...there are many breakdowns in this system and that is my point...little public input, taxation without representation, good fellas rubber stamps, etc. That's what ticks me off.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Bid Openings Reply with quote

I'm done with the DTN. Its been discussed.

New issue.

Quote from November township meeting minutes:

"Bid Opening: Two bids were received. Sharpe Construction - $30,535.00 and Island Contractors - $26,120.92. Motion by S. Newhouse, seconded by A. Kennedy to accept the bid from Island Contractors, Inc. For $26,120.92. Discussion. Roll Call Vote: Ayes; L. Gibbons, C. Gahn, J.
Schroka, S. Newhouse, A. Kennedy. Nays; None. All in favor. Motion 2008-111 carried.

Does anyone know what these bids are for? I looked back at the Sept. Oct minutes but either missed or did not see what these are for. Just asking.
3 putt
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its for the covered entrances on the fire hall and the police station, and the barrier free bathrooms inside the firehall...thats all I got.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Bids Reply with quote

I am happy that the bids considered were BBI citizens. That's keeping it local. I know the two companies and know they do good work.

I'm sure there are details that describe what the bids covered. Perhaps a site could be posted with specifics, the descriptions of the required work.

Anyone else interested?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> BBI TOWN HALL All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: