Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Polaris 500 Indy Sled, 1700 miles, near new condition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> For Sale or Wanted to Buy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Polaris 500 Indy Sled, 1700 miles, near new condition Reply with quote

500cc liquid cooled twin. Oil injected 2 stroke, Electric Start, REVERSE. Independant front suspension. Includes: Saddle bags, canvas factory cover, Carbide studs in track, Quality snomo helmet, trailer tow hitch. R&L RV mirrors. New battery 2008.

1700 actual miles. I am the second owner of the sled. Original owner (female) used it two seasons after buying it new. I put 1300 miles on it 2004-2006. Stored inside, off season, the rest of the time. For a 94, this sled is as close to new as you can get. Seat, tracks, slides, carbides etc all A1. Mechanically A1 and runs like a swiss watch. REVERSE is a huge feature you will pay big $$$ for on a new sled. Comes in very handy at times.

Starts instantly even in -0 temps. You don't have to start it... You "turn it on". Fires/runs within 2-3 seconds, each/every time no matter how cold it is. Very snappy performance. I have no idea what the top end is, I quit at 75-80mph. Acceleration is RIGHT NOW! More than enough guts for me.

The INDY 500 is among the most popular sleds ever built by Polaris. After riding it a couple years, I understand why. You won't find a better value, or nicer sled for what I am asking.

$2100 or B.O.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> For Sale or Wanted to Buy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: