Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

The great crash of 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Bois Blanc Island Site/Forum News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: The great crash of 2004 Reply with quote

Sad but true, the server where this site is stored experienced some technical difficulty Sunday (1-25-04) and some data was lost. The most recent back-up of the site was from 1-15-04, any new members that joined after that date will have to register again. Along with the new members, several good conversations were lost as well as some excellent pictures. I hope the authors of the missing threads can find time to recreate them and the picture posters will resubmit also. My appologies to all for getting lax on backing up the data, I will tend to it more faithfully.

Rob

Last edited by Rob on Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was having server difficulties and could barely get to the site let alone get on the album repairs.. Things seem back to normal so feel free to upload to the albums.. I'll get a new announcement out and clean up a bit.. Some will have to go thru the upload process again. Confused
whitewater960
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was the Christmas lights left up too long :doh:
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

There are still lingering effects from the outage but should be remedied soon. Here's what my host ( www.vertexhost.com ) has to say about it:
Quote:
db errors

Hi Rob,

Yes, the past few days we've been toying with some different versions of software as well as changing some security features. So occasionally mysql or apache or another major service may go down for a short time while we work on these issues. For the most part I'm trying to take care of them during the morning hours so they affect less users, but a few times I've had to do them more during prime-time.

But most of the work has been completed, and any further errors should be not likely, or very short if they occur. We will be hopefully adding more RAM to this particular server as well sometime this week, which will be hopefully the last period of downtime. Thanks for your patience with these matters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Bois Blanc Island Site/Forum News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: