Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

I'm New too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Therese M
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: I'm New too Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new, too. I have never been to the Island but I have always wanted to go there. I have relatives in the Mackinaw City area and every time I would come up to visit them I would stare off at the big mysterious island and wonder what was on there and why nobody ever seemed to go there like they did to Mackinac. My uncle said the island was called Boblo and that there were lots of rattlesnakes there (I am not afraid of rattlesnakes so if that is true that is ok with me). But he really didn't know a whole lot about it. All the local history books talk about is Mackinac, Mackinac, Mackinac. In fact, believe it or not, when I mention Bois Blanc to people downstate they look at me like I am crazy. "What other island? There's no other island!" I tell them it is at least as big as Beaver Island, how could they miss it? Anyway I am kind of glad because I'd hate to see Bois Blanc ruined like Mackinac. So now that I have found your website, I can get to know my "mysterious island" better and maybe someday visit!
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Therese, welcome to the site. :wave: Spend some time here and you should be able to learn a lot about our secret gem in the Straits. Hopefully you'll can make the trip over someday.

http://www.bridge-view.net
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Therese! Welcome! Jump on in and get out of black fly bait status.. Very Happy It will be nice to get to know you.. Stick a picture in mugshots when we get the uploading fixed! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: