Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New neighbors for a week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmerrick
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: New neighbors for a week. Reply with quote

A group of four of us will be visiting the island June 22-June 28. We'll be renting a home by lime kiln point. This will be my wife's and I second trip to the island staying in the same home. Our group is interested in camping, hiking, kayaking, and fishing. If anyone can point us in the direction of some spots to do any of the previous we would really appreciate it. We plan on visiting the tavern a few nights to knock a few back and tell some fish stories. We've been really excited to bring a new crew to the island for an experience they won't forget.

Cheers,
Jon Very Happy
KELLY
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fun place ot Kayak is deer lake. You need a four wheeler to get back there but its really beautiful. There is a rustic camp ground that over looks Mackinaw Island. Last year we Kayaked to round island and hiked around it. there is a light house on it and the view is amazing with the bridge and mackinaw island right there. I would highly suggest this. As you kayaking to round there is an old model t car sunk in between round and bois blanc its really cool.
jmerrick
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far would I need to portage my kayak to get to deer lake? Where is the model T! I really want to see that! We've camped on Round Island before and will definitely do it again this time around. Thanks for the advice!
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: geocaching Reply with quote

Go to geocaching.com and type in the zip, 49775. You will find that there are geocaches to be found on BBI. There is even one on Round Isle. They are a good excuse for a hike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: