Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Great trip...from Culver Kid, Megan!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Great trip...from Culver Kid, Megan! Reply with quote

We just recently returned from Bois Blank back to Ashtabula, Ohio. Had an amazing time at Cook's Cottage, met some great people, had an AWESOME time at the Tavern...but I paid for it the next day! The bonfires, the family bonding time...maybe too much....! Smile

Thanks to Mike White Sr. for going with us on the hunt of my Grandma's homestead and letting other people know the truth about John Bible! Very Happy It was amazing to see my Grandma truck it through the woods and see her smile and tell stories...same thing on Mackinac Island. The best part was she met up again with an old friend after 80+ years, Ray Plott (?) I just wish we would be able to have signs up on Culver Road and Lake Culver...and that her mom had a headstone on Mackinac Island. Someday....!

I hope to be there next Summer and to stay longer and hopefully land a job on Mackinac...it'd be great to find out more of my Grandma's roots!!

Keep in touch, Islanders!

--Megan
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Please share the stories! Reply with quote

Please share the stories about John Bible. He may have become too much of a legend. It can't hurt to tell now.

Give the names of your Great greandparents that lived on BBI. What did they do for a living, etc.
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Bible totally burnt my Grandma's house down! And their boat dock! And killed their dog! He was nuts!! Totally an arsonist....maybe a little psychotic....we think. Looking back on it now, they way his mindset was....totally should have been on anitdepressants and bipolar meds. He was named the Island ahh....not fire chief but something...like a warden But he was always burning stuff down of my families! I have so many pic from the trip I want to put up--like the way old, rusted gas can right next to where my Grammas house used to be, and an old coffee pot....! John Bible is over looked...for real!!

--Megs
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH I just realized it was you, Mike hah!! WOW....I am observant! I think my brain is still on vacation as I sit here instead of gettign ready for work!! TONS of files to put away when I get there ugh!

My Grandma is Madeline (Simon) Culver. Her brothers: Tom, Wilford, Raymond and sister Emily....and I think I am forgetting some....

As far as g-grandparents, not sure what their names were. Gramma can't remember her mom's, some days she does. I know her dad's but it is slipping my mind right now.

I will have to write more later...so I dont get fired haha! Be back on here soon!!

--Megs
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: More info please Reply with quote

Tell about work in the fields. John Bible and what he did to the dish pan. Signaling Mackinac. Etc.
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start a new forum so if people want to add to that, they can!!
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: WOW ! Reply with quote

I just read this history of john bible to my brother vye .. its not the "John Bible" we knew when we were kids !

More on our history of john later ...
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really??! We hear that often...! Will you post it on here or a new thread?
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: john Reply with quote

what ever fits for you i will go for it .....
culverkid85
Beach Glass Hoarder
Beach Glass Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wear a size 3....ok jokes jokes.....just throw it onto here. Why not! Oooor you can add um...it to the thread I posted that says Culvers vs Bibles. Up to you! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: