Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

The Rating Begins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Bois Blanc Island Site/Forum News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: The Rating Begins Reply with quote

You all can start looking at the pictures in our two contests and rate your favorite.. It will be a tough one in the baby photos.. We are all just too cute! Very Happy St. Patricks Day is the deadline for rating.

Our next contests will be favorite pet and the seasonal photo gets into Spring..
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are too many 10s in the photo of the season... Could everyone rethink the choices and rerate please... They are all soo good I know it can be difficult to choose, but choose we must.. They all won't fit on the main page... Sad
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we only vote on the ones that are 10's , give the one you like most a 10 then 2nd a 9 then 3rd an 8, then 4th a 7 and so on. The average will change on the pics? Whatcha think?
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, but we have already started and I didn't do it that way and I am not sure anyone else did either. Can we start over?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already decided we would keep voting til one was decided.. Guess if it gets too complicated we could ask Rob to decide.. I trust his instincts.. Very Happy
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked and you can't go back and rate it if you already did, so that won't work. If Rob has not rated yet, he could be the tie breaker I guess.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucks... Yes, please Rob, be our tie breaker.. I think voting will be a bit different for the next contests.. I like this rating system but I think next time we ought to just vote on our favorite in a post and decide that way.. By a count of votes rather than rating.. Maybe there is a way to clear the ratings and start over but I haven't found it..

Let's try this. For those who have rated leave a post here of your favorite and that will help Rob in his decision..

I voted for the vertical Old Dock pic. It's simplicity attracted me.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted 10 for the snomobile pic............I liked the history!
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Troy in the history of the snowmobile picture, but I also liked the One antlered deer, I gave that one a 10 because how many people actually get to see a deer with only one antler, let alone up close and personal!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy? No offense to Troy , but I am Lisa, and I liked the snomobile pic....
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense taken Lisa, but I think she was refering to a conversation we had in the chat. Not your post, we had the same thoughts though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then Great minds think alike, to bad we didn't have our favorite chosen. But I do like that sunset pic too. When's the next contest start?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as Rob gets the winners posted we will start the next seasonal.. Rob thinks we need some Spring pics quick as everyone is sick of winner.. So we will probably have a shorter duration for the contest.. A couple months? Things won't be blossoming on the Island before then.. May have to use last years pics, hey?

I will be deleting the baby photos soon unless you want them moved to the main album.. In the next couple days.. Then we can start the favorite pet pics.. Any suggestions are welcome.

As far as rating is concerned..According to Rob, the rating works if enough people rate on the pics.. Would people rather rate or vote in a post and be counted? This would probably make a good poll question...
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the baby pics should go in the mugshots album, I will have to think on that poll question. One thing about voting in discussion, it leads to Discussion! LOL!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put all the baby pics in the Mugshots.. I'll leave it up to the owners whether they want to delete or not..

The Favorite Pet Album is now open for new pics.. I will move the seasonal pics to the general album..So there will be room for the new Spring pics.

May 17th we will decide a winner..
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of skipping the Spring pictures and going right to the summer pictures? By the time this contest is over summer will be knocking on the door. Happy Happy Happy
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Summer sounds better to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sissy
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Spring or Summer Pictures Reply with quote

I agree, Summer pictures gives everyone more time for That Great Shot.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a May 17th deadline I doubt anyone will have new Summer pics taken.. We are talking Island theme pictures, right? And we will be skipping a season.. With more people interested in the contest maybe we ought to try a monthly photo contest again..
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al's Sister wrote:
With a May 17th deadline I doubt anyone will have new Summer pics taken.. We are talking Island theme pictures, right? And we will be skipping a season.. With more people interested in the contest maybe we ought to try a monthly photo contest again..

Here's my thinking.
1) Yes, we would be skipping a season but, I would like the front page to appear current. I think the contests should stay ahead of the seasons.
2) Most people have summer pic's already stored somewhere that are ready to post. i.e. the 2nd place pic from the winter contest was acutally taken 30+ years ago.
3) Spring pictures that are taken this year can be submitted for next year's contest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. #jumping

Anyone else?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#jumping Whats current up here and down there are two different things.. But however you want to do it Rob.. Got 3 more inches of snow last night and it's still coming down in truckloads.. I hear on the news this morn that we will have 50's by the end of the week.. Doubt we will have our snow melted off before the second week of April and then we can usually expect another snowstorm in April and maybe even in May.. Just for the sake of argument...... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Bois Blanc Island Site/Forum News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: