Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Wayne Duffney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Wayne Duffney Reply with quote

For those that thought he was innocent!

Quote:
Cheboygan, Mich. A Cheboygan man who fled the country in 2009 to avoid sentencing on a charge of intentionally sinking his boat in the South Channel of the Straits of Mackinac will spend 50 months in a federal prison.
U.S. District Judge Thomas L. Ludington sentenced Wayne T. Duffiney Tuesday on charges of fleeing to avoid sentencing, violating the federal Clean Water Act by discharging pollutants into navigable U.S. Waters, obstructing a navigable channel and failing to mark a sunken vessel.

West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame. It saddens me to witness this. Admittedly, I do not know the whole "back-story" of Wayne's life and business dealings. I can only speak from my own personal experiences with him, but Wayne was always kind, thoughtful, helpful, and cheerful with me and my family. It seems to me, he was driven to his self-destructive behavior, by having his primary source of livelihood and happiness taken from him, through political maneuvering. My take, from a distance, for what it's worth.
Rosemary
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Wayne Reply with quote

I alway found him to be helpful and giving, too. His whole live has been a very trying one. He can hardly read or write...I am sure that this has caused major issues throughout his life. I do not know the cause of this issue but I do know the effects, after spending a whole career as a teacher. I wish him well....and I hope his time spent in jail will give him some opportunities to learn to read and cope with life.

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
Rosemary
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Wayne Reply with quote

I alway found him to be helpful and giving, too. His whole live has been a very trying one. He can hardly read or write...I am sure that this has caused major issues throughout his lifetime. I do not know the cause of this issue but I do know the effects, after spending a whole career as a teacher. I wish him well....and I hope his time spent in jail will give him some opportunities to learn to read and cope with life.

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He can hardly read or write...
-
How did he get a captains license???

I still remember him from quite a while back when he took advantage of a friend of mine that you all know and it cost my friend several thousand dollars because of his negligence - How could he think he was not doing wrong with the boat deal when he drug it across town?
If you knew the friend I was talking about and new how he took advantage of an old man - you would probably look at him differently too!
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Wayne but I'm surprised they would travel that far to track down a fugitive that isn't violent, doesn't deal drugs and didn't steal anything. I wonder how much taxpayer money was spent catching him. I doubt the other inmates will believe him when they ask "what are you in for?"
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: support Reply with quote

I agree with West End Piper ..RoseMary and Rich

In a post some time ago I asked for us not to judge him to hard ...there was more to the story ..... alot more ....
I have read what a fight he had .....

About him getting his Lis ..I know that there are many that get though College that have very little reading and writtting and spelling skills ..they learn to how to get though it the hard way .. I know ...
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
About him getting his Lis ..I know that there are many that get though College that have very little reading and writtting and spelling skills ..they learn to how to get though it the hard way .. I know ...

And who might some of these be??
It should be Lic.
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Rich one step further. Why would the government put so much money and effort into tracking this man across the globe for what's been reported? Likely because there are things that haven't been reported. And although, the crimes seem small, they are federal violations. Also, if all he did was drag a boat down the street, out to the channel, and leave it for lost, why would he leave the country? Check your archives again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he also set that boat on fire in his driveway, because the city wanted it moved. And then he complied by dragging it down the street. Now, I have never met this man and don't profess to know anything about him, other than what I've read. But we all, at one time or another have taken classes at the School of Hard Knocks, and haven't been involved in the types of mischief this man has.
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue & Rich - I don't disagree with you on this - But I wonder how much money is actually spent when they put out an APB on someone - There isn't really much labor or traveling involved - Check airline flights with a computer and see where he has flown to and have someone nab him - -

Cripes - They still haven't caught that Babcock Fella - I heard he left a deposit in the woods on state ground while hunting!!
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Babcock fella I do have some working knowledge of, and all I can say is, at least he's leaving them in the woods now.....
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he gets too winded trying to keep up with Victor Very Happy
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to set a couple things straight Wayne didn't burn his boat a guy by the last name of Perry was arested and convicted of that crime. Tthere wasn't a charge for him pulling his boat down a city street He was stoped that nite by a city cop and he let him go. He should have been arested for that but wasn't. Instead he was set up. I don't agree with what he did. But I think he should have been given a fine and that would be that. The crime wasn't that bad.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: kevin Reply with quote

Kevin glad you spoke up and shared what you know to be a fact ....

I knew he had a long hard road to hoe but did not have all my facts together so did not want to speak out of turn ..
pilotkid
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]How did he get a captains license???[/quote]

Glad someone asked...As a US Merchant Marine Officer (captain, 100 Gross tons) myself...MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

And "the crime wasn't that bad?" He obstructed a federal waterway...??? I'm sure that a company like Plaunts or the United States Coast Guard wouldn't think it "wasn't that bad" had thier vessels collided with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: