Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEE: My post was not a criticism of Ron Paul, it was a criticism of a system that often prevents good things from being accomplished, no matter how effective a president or senator might be.

One of the real barriers to accomplishing important goals is simply the way the media reports news these days. They focus on soundbites that can make even the most moderate person appear extreme. A little bit of editing can accomplish the same thing. Maybe they do it because they are in a constant race for ratings or to sell more papers. But the result is that politicians must try very hard to say nothing that could possibly be construed to be offensive and speak in that doublespeak we all know so well.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: RP Reply with quote

I hear ya, Doug.

Please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmouMA5VTs

The MSM spin is treacherous. Like you said, one bad sound bite, replayed over and over...Howard Dean comes to mind. LOL

I didn't take your comments as criticisms of RP.

(I'm checking into answering your earlier question.)
3 putt
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest fear with Ron Paul is theres a Republican congress who wants to gut our own country. What about all the money that is spent in the middle east. If you had a map and you layed it on the table and then wrote down a number ( They call it aid) its really hush money to leave the jews alone......Then you ad on the Homeland security bill. Is Ron Paul man enough to cut all of that garbage before he starts here at home. I want my tax dollars spent at home. Not once have I heard the Tea party morons talk over seas cuts. medicade Medicare and SS. didnt get us into this mess and buy cutting AMERICANS thraots isnt gonna help one bit. Next years budget will get even worse. The best thing that could happen for our country is to quit fighting each other and demand our Gov. STOPS
nation building and starts rebuilding our own schools, roads, interstructure.
STOP THE AID TO THE MIDDLE EAST. WE SPEND 1 TRILLION DOLLARS A YEAR TRYING TO MAKE THE BIBLE COME TRUE.

Last edited by 3 putt on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on 3 putt! Very Happy
3 putt
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sat down and added up all the money America has spent on the jewish state. About 1950 and on......Federal income tax is just a tax to
fund Isreal. We have to spend 1 trillion a year as of 2001 just to keep ourselves safe because of our policies. We give billions every year to muslim countrys that hate us. Then we turn around and cut from the very same AMERICANS who had to pay for the JEWISH LIE.
OUR GREAT COUNTRY WILL REMAIN IN A DOWN SLIDE UNTIL WE CUT THE JEWISH TOW ROPE. (THE REAL PROBLEM)
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI guys, I believe that 'Right Guy' is 'Familyman' reincarnated. Easier to piss people off with impunity, if you keep changing your identity. I'm basing my 'hunch' on the fact that they are both in the lighting business.(Alumalight/Rightlight) Plus the message is identical. Just an observation. Not that I really care though. I have scarcely looked at these threads in the past several months, and I hope that it will be several months more, before I look again. (Healthier that way) Just don't see the sense in beating the same, tired, issues into the dirt. Good to see that Doug has toned down his 'crazed conservatism' a tad, in light of recent developments. John Elmer, I love you bro, but Ron Paul has no chance. Saw his son on The Daily Show last night. Rand Paul is a shameless corporate whore, who wants banks and industry de-regulated, so they may rob and pollute more freely. I agree with you on many things pal, but I worry about you burning yourself out on this 'Paul' stuff. Kevin, thanks for continuing to fight the good fight with your Machiavellian, 'CAPITALISM IS GOD' opponents and their lame excuses for bashing unions. 3 putt, let's make sure to hang out this summer. Sorry our attempts never materialized last year.
Conis, good to see you kinda/sorta take a stand on issues like NAFTA and union-bashing. If we all spent our time 'fence-walkin' nothing would ever get accomplished. Carry on fellas. Look forward to seeing those of you aren't hiding your identity on the island this summer. Hopin' for a sunny one! Very Happy
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like the good old days on the Island website! And with the 2012 election already in gear, it might get even livlier.

By the way, JEE, although I did not like Howard Dean's political views, I never understood the hulabaloo over his infamous scream. Like everyone who watched the news back then, I heard it over and over. And every time I thought "What's wrong with his show of a little passion?" It did not seem un-presidential to me and did not suggest--as I suppose it did to some--that he would either be too emotional or too undiplomatic to be president. But given how much even the MSM replayed it, I assume that some thoughtful people really found it troubling. But I still don't get it.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good fight 3-put you're doing good. Start with our governor Rick Snyder who is going to kill Mich.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: RP Reply with quote

Dan:

If Ron Paul is nominated, the biggest Rack deer on BBI will wander into your sights!!

But only after RP has stopped the "Foreign (aid) welfare, Corporate welfare, and the militarism of this great country! He is outspoken now, and you can see clips of him saying the same things 30 yrs ago...he has vision, and he knows history befitting any college professor.

Dan, most of what the republican legislators want, is not what RP is pushing. RP will go after "real waste" which is simply taking money straight out of the LEGISLATORS pockets...Republicans and Dems...all of the crooks will squeal at once.

It will be a war. But I say let's have war in the halls of DC, and not on some soverign state's soil.

Jeff:

You voted for Barack O. What did you get?

So what did we get? Read Ron Pauls Book. 1st sentence, 1st paragraph, 1st page: RP tells you what you get when a candidate says "Change". It is a non-word. It means nothing. And what you get is more of the same.

We all want an honest, "practice what you preach", smart, humble, law-abiding, "best man/woman for the job", follow your heart candidate.

No one else can touch this guy in the political arena. He could kill you (bore you to death) with his knowledge of the monetary system.

You have to ask yourself, honestly, what did we get with Barack?
What did we get with Bush?

Ans: war, welfare, bailouts, torture, invasions, debt...same ol, same ol. And now they are blaming patriotic, middleclass Americans for their immoral financial behavior.

Jeff, ya gonna make Kayakalakeaday Five? May 13th weekend!
3 putt
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Doug could answer this for me? when Schinder says hes gonna switch the buisness tax to a 6% flat tax does that mean a buisness pays a strait 6% or gets to use write offs against the 6%.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the answer to that 3-put. Check out us un-cut michigan
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Ron Paul but I have to agree that he has no chance. He is too old and his primary message is about adhering to the constitution, something the majority doesn't even know about or they wouldn't allow themselves to be spoon fed crap from the 2 parties. It's time we all realize that we have become the exact thing that our forefathers fought to get away from.

The 2 party system protects the government, we're seeing around the world what happens when people have had enough and there is only one group to blame.
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading the news, I understand that Snyder is going to try to eliminate many of the special tax exemptions that have been given to specific kinds of businesses in the previous business tax acts (the SBT and MBT).
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of taxes - I have never understood why private organizations are exempt from paying property taxes when they have an income and hire employees and you do not have to be a member of most of them to get in - Our local Moose, Elks, VFW, Legions, etc clubs all have a bar and food business and are in direct competion with the private owner down the street - But PAY NO PROPERTY TAXES - because they are a nonprofit organization - - Bull$hit!!
Example: - Small bar in our town pays about $3600.00 a year - That is right off the top! - While the local VFW which is a larger club, pays nothing and sells their goods at a lower price because of this and is taking business away from priate owner!!

It just a good thing we are not getting all the government we are paying for!!!
3 putt
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I really dont know.. just looking for a honest answer. Bottom line is I hope it helps.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep reading Doug, It will go on to say tax retirements, benifits, and more on hourly pay. Set up emerency managers to run your city,county, or schools. He will appoint a corp. or a person to come in and take control of your town. He can pull all contracts that your town has with employees and take everything away from them. Including teachers nurses county and city workers. And the town has to pay the bill.
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin: I was only referring to the new 6% business tax they are talking about and not other things that are being pursued.

I have not read much about the legislation concerning appointing Emergency Managers but I believe that they only appoint them when a municipality is in very bad financial shape. My guess is that the law will not be used very often. But it will allow a Manager to come in and have a lot of flexibility in order to address longstanding problems in a particular place. I do think it is a good idea.

I know that emergency managers have been appointed in Flint and Highland Park in the past, but have not followed how they worked very closely.

Kevin, my thought about allowing goverment employees to become unionized is this: because the government officials who are supposed to bargain with the government union reps are elected officials who may owe favors to the unions because of their receipt of campaign contributions from the unions, it seems like you could easily end up with both sides representing the government employees (that is, employees that we the citizens of Michigan are paying) and no one representing us--that is, the taxpayer. And that could explain what appears to be the great disparity in the kinds of health benefits, holiday pay, etc. that government employees receive compared to private sector employees. (I also have read that the reason government employees in Michigan have such good benefits is because employees of the Big 3 had great benefits and it resulted in government employees receiving something very similar).

Also, I have read that FDR and early labor leaders did not support unionizing government workers. Perhaps that is because employees of the government are not as likely to be mistreated by their employer as employees of profit-making companies that are not as subject to political pressure as the government is.

Finally, at the state level, some government employees have the union and the civil service commission watching out for their interests. I suppose the question is whether the union is needed where civil service is already providing them with certain kinds of job protections.
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking bribs kinda like the goverment officials do. I think they teach that in law school. I hope you flunked out of that class. Not many of the union reps did a lot of college they worked there way up. I suppose you are one of the people that complain about our teachers getting 40 to 50 thousand a year. I don't and I think they are worth every penny of it.
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for my absence. I got bored with all this and moved to Facebook just as most of the rest of the BBI site has done. A great place to avoid those with no worthwhile input. The political discussions are far more lively and directed.

All I can add to this is that Ron Paul is too old and too old school. Zero support not to mention his lunatic son.

Savor this:The age of perceived democratic government... "we can vote our way out of this mess" thinking... started down the slippery slope about when Nixon tried to manipulate things. He got busted. Others since, far more savvy, have been more successful. Blatant would be a better term.

We are now in an age of "corporatement". Follow the money to see who controls what. Our elected leaders are nothing more than spewing mouthpieces, saying whatever needs to be said, to get a shot at the helm. And being rewarded handsomely for putting the right spin on BS and saying the right thing at the right time so the clueless morons will vote them in.

Next "election" I am writing in either Mr. Rogers or the Tooth Fairy for any/all candidates.

All I have for this edition. Have a nice day.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: RP Reply with quote

Too old?

You mean our younger presidents have done something good?

I know, I know, RP doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

With age comes wisdom. Now more than ever, we need wisdom. RP has also displayed "vision".

Wisdom and vision. Nahhhh, we need someone like Palin or Gingrich to solve our ills.

Grow your own. Get peaceful with your neighbors. Hunkerdown. It's all gonna hit the fan...or is it hitting the fan as we speak?

K-5, May 13, 2011. With all the radiation floating about, we can paddle during the night time "glow".
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this....
they are all a bunch of crooks, set on their own agenda to suckle at the political tit.....
I have had so much of the media and the political holding tank....
I have had much to say and the wisdom to keep my mouth shut in the south that I live in now....but I am so unhappy here...but to live here I have to live , and work in an environment of people saying stupid *poop*......like Obama is a Muslim....that is stupid but still lives here. That the only thing we have to fear is other countries.....that is stupid *poop*.......
We should and eventually work together to solve these problems, but to delay that reaction, is what seems to be on the agenda. other than solving THE ACTUAL PROBLEMS>>>>>
We could do this, if not for the fact that everyone has their own agenda in the government... rather than working for the people, and I see the people saying.....
We don't understand....we don't know why....we can't comprehend.
it is killing me to see this and to try to understand why people don't follow is is so frustrating......
We must work together
We must work together
We must work together
We must work together.......................

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can ya say suckle here?
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: ahhhh so here we go Reply with quote

No one can get sh@t done, everyone is just out to make it hard to get anything done. To think about time lost because the main agenda is to make sure there is no agenda. Bull Friggin Hockey schtick! I vote and am sick to death of what I don't vote for, its these other schmucks and their motives of "let the country burn" it will look good for us. And the literally uneducated society that they play to, to get what they want. I think that at this point, education is key, no matter what, and the lucky thing is that the economy has pushed a lot of people back into the colleges. Lord have mercy on Our Country's soul! But mine is just fine.....

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: