Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

I've given up on this website !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: I've given up on this website ! Reply with quote

Sorry guys but I've totally run out of patients with this website. I can't seem to stay logged in on any visit. I have to login several times on a single visit just to navigate between pages. It's getting old. I've cleared my cookies as suggested, many, many times. It makes no difference. I swear there's a setting somewhere that needs to be changed but I've no idea where to go or how to get there. This happens on both my desktop computer and my laptop, so I'm willing to bet that it's not just my computers causing this problem. But I have no clue what to do. I'll probably have to submit this new topic several times before it actually posts.
Rosemary
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had a problem on one day.....not sure what the problem is there?

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
BBIBABS
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I've never had that problem. Hope to see you on face bood then...

You are one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person.
rab49735
$$$$ Repeat Donor $$$$
$$$$ Repeat Donor $$$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your problem. FYI I have not had any problems at all!??? rab
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Wow. Reply with quote

Calm down. Get some kids to come in and fix it. Did you get Brandon to take a look at it. Maybe it is upstream from the two computers. Are you using Wi-Fi. Try hooking straight to the router.

Or maybe it is at the site's end. I originally could not log in. I think Rob did something at his end to make it so I could. Maybe he can help you out. Sorry your having problems.

I could be typing to someone who will not try to log on here and will not be reading this, because she does what she says - she has given up on this site. I hope not.
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down here in Iowa, I switched over to United Cellular (same as my phone) - anywhere I get a signal with my phone, I can run my computer - It is s USB plug-in modem that simply plugs in and the sorftware downloads itself to any computer that you choose and as many as you want -
I get a good signal sitting in our cabin on Rocky Road

Works off of the same towers and costs about $50/mo. - I also plugged mine into a wireless router and run 3 computers off of the same modem.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had this same problem for about a day or two. Rob fixed it for us all. Thank You Rob!

Keep trying and it will work.

Beautiful Day Today! Sun shining so bright.
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he didn't fix it for all of us. I have tried to post this reply now twice and above (while I'm typing) it shows that I'm logged in. When I click on submit, a window comes up that says I have to log in. Sooooooooooooo I do that AGAIN and then all that I've typed is gone and I have to start over. And then when I click submit AGAIN a window comes up that says "Invalid Session, resubmit the form", so I have to keep clicking submit and eventually it goes.
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he didn't fix it for all of us. I have tried to post this reply now twice and above (while I'm typing) it shows that I'm logged in. When I click on submit, a window comes up that says I have to log in. Sooooooooooooo I do that AGAIN and then all that I've typed is gone and I have to start over. And then when I click submit AGAIN a window comes up that says "Invalid Session, resubmit the form", so I have to keep clicking submit and eventually it goes.
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I submitted that last post I went back to the home page and clicked on the link that said: 2 Posts since your last visit , and a window comes up that says: No topics or posts met your search criteria, so I don't get to see what's been posted last other than to look at the scrolling list on the left. But can you all understand what the hell I'm going through just to navigate this site anymore???? I've had to log in 4 times while I posted this and the last post. Plus deal with the invalid Session AGAIN 20 times :banghead: #Mad :censored: :censored: :censored:
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I submitted that last post I went back to the home page and clicked on the link that said: 2 Posts since your last visit , and a window comes up that says: No topics or posts met your search criteria, so I don't get to see what's been posted last other than to look at the scrolling list on the left. But can you all understand what the hell I'm going through just to navigate this site anymore???? I've had to log in 4 times while I posted this and the last post. Plus deal with the invalid Session AGAIN 20 times :banghead: #Mad :censored: :censored: :censored:
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing spring is here. CJ is starting to repeat herself :wave:
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBGirl: I think you should appreciate the fact that you are getting 2 copies of your posts delivered but only have to type it once!

Kidding--I am sure that whatever the cause for your problems it must be frustrating. I have not had any problems and that is a good thing because I have a very limited understanding of all things computer (I am not even on facebook and have no idea how twitter works or even how to tweet).
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either and I don't plan to.
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover, buy a Mac.

Blue72, that's funny.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Help from Rob Reply with quote

Maybe if you email Rob, he can help. Click on this link.

http://www.bois-blanc.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover - I had some trouble a while back and during that time when I posted a message I would first copy my message before clicking submit and if I had trouble I could just paste it and not have to retype it. I am not sure what ever fixed my log in problems but at least I didn't have to keep retyping if my message didn't post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boisblancgirl, I have found that when I go into a reply I have to check where it says "Log me in automaticlly each visit" or it will not let me reply. to any subject. Try that..... I have to do this each time time.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover, google: ccleaner.exe download and get it from the Piriform website. Ccleaner is one of the handiest tools and I use it just about daily on peoples computers. Run the cleaner and see if it clears up your problem. I would not have it intelligently scan for cookies. You'll have to remember any usernames/passwords for sites that you've selected to "remember you".

I'm curious what browser and what version you're using. Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.5x, Chrome, etc.

http://www.bridge-view.net
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and windows 7 on my laptop. But the very same thing happens on my desktop computer too, and that's Internet Explorer 7 and Windows XP. Joe all of a sudden is having the same problem with one of the websites he goes to regularly and he was told in there by someone to use that ccleaner too. So maybe I'll have to give it a try.
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried what you suggested Rob and now we'll see how things work.
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well............................It's not working too much better! I'm just at a loss and don't know what to do anymore.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover,

In regards to ccleaner, can you tell me if it only worked for a little bit right after you used it / it works intermittently / or it didn't help at all?

http://www.bridge-view.net
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens intermittenly. Also, I don't get any email notifications anymore on a subject (such as this one), and I don't know why that is.

2 tries to submit this.
repoman
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: I've given up on this website ! Reply with quote

boisblancgirl wrote:
Sorry guys but I've totally run out of patients with this website. I can't seem to stay logged in on any visit. I have to login several times on a single visit just to navigate between pages. It's getting old. I've cleared my cookies as suggested, many, many times. It makes no difference. I swear there's a setting somewhere that needs to be changed but I've no idea where to go or how to get there. This happens on both my desktop computer and my laptop, so I'm willing to bet that it's not just my computers causing this problem. But I have no clue what to do. I'll probably have to submit this new topic several times before it actually posts.

Tell the admin the following:

Check IP against DNS Blackhole List:
If enabled the userís IP address is checked against the following DNSBL services on registration and posting: spamcop.net, dsbl.org and http://www.spamhaus.org. This lookup may take a while, depending on the serverís configuration. If slowdowns are experienced or too many false positives reported it is recommended to disable this check

If this is turned on in phpBB2 it will take forever for the three blacklists to be checked. If anyone of them in the chain is down, the wait will exceed 1 minute, then other triggers happen, such as the session errors you were seeing.

(Might as well use all my tech knowledge since I work for Liquidweb.com right now)

R3p0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Site/Forum Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: