Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

information on kayaking/biking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElBen
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: information on kayaking/biking Reply with quote

Hello, I'm with EUP Planning and we received a grant to take inventory of "greenways"/"blueways" along the north Lake Huron shoreline from St. Ignace to Drummond Island. Since Bois Blanc Island is in Mackinac County and in our region we want to include it in our planning efforts. The end product will be an interactive web-site that will promote and provide site details, links and maps - similar to St. Clair River Blueway - http://www.bluewaysofstclair.org/. I am planning a trip over to the Island next week and wondered if there was some information or someone I should try to contact regarding kayaking and/or biking. Are there promotional brochures, annual events, biking or kayaking clubs, etc?

Thanks for any information.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellen.. I would recommend you contact the Bois Blanc Island Township for more information and details you require.. Smile Have fun on you visit.. Very Happy
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really want the secret to get out, that this island is a great biking and kayaking place? I have noticed that biking and kayaking has been increasing here just by word of mouth. I don't think there are any annual events, clubs, or promotional brochures. This place is about enjoying what is around you, so I think a little promotion of our miles of "greenways"/"blueways" wouldn't be a bad thing. I suppose, the more the merrier.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of descriptive info about the island here:
http://www.bbicf.org/

http://www.bridge-view.net
ElBen
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the information, I'm looking forward to visiting your Island...being a 6th generation islander (a descendant from the first white settlers on Drummond Island) and working my teen years on Mackinac, I tend to agree with not a lot of promotion, but as a planner - we can take inventory of the public assets, rating their condition and perhaps in the future create a community based management plan to preserve, improve, protect, and promote our coastal resources for future generations to enjoy...plus a little economy boost doesn't hurt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: