Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel Johnson (Kordos)
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

I just found the web site today and was shocked the island actually had one! My name is Rachel Johnson (Kordos is my married name) My family has had a cottage in the Pines for as long as I can remeber. It's the one diagnol to the community dock, the cottage that use to be a horrible goldenrod yellow that is now gray. I have very fond memories of the island and miss it very much, my last trip was about three years ago. I'm planning on coming up with my family in mid June for a long weekend. I cannot wait!
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rachel, this is Troy, my family owned the little blue and white cottage across the street from the hotel. I used to hang out with Steve Johnson when we were up at the same time. Welcome to the site, if you have any questions just ask, there are a lot of friendly, helpful people on here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rachel Johnson (Kordos)
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Hi Troy Reply with quote

I was just talking to my brother this morning and mentioned I had saw your name on the site, he now lives in Chicago, he just recently was transferred from Calafornia to there. I thought your name was familiar to me, don't you have a brother also, I was quite young when you guys all use to hang out but I do remember you. Steve will probally be going up to the island memorial day weekend to help my dad open the cottage for the season, do you plan on going up this year?
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that Steve was your brother, but wasn't 100% sure, thought maybe he was a cousin or something. Anyway, tell him I said hello and yes I will be up there with my family the last couple days of July thru the first week of August. We are staying at Kurts house in the Pines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I do have a brother, Todd. He is living in Alaska, still in the Air Force.
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rachel. Not quite sure how you fit in the Johnson family, but I've known them all my life. Betsy and I used to hang out together as young girls. Before they built their cottage where the tennis court used to be, (and where I learned how to ride a 2 wheel bicycle) they stayed in the huge Caulkins house on the corner there, which burned down years ago. By the way, I'm Clover (Gahn) Schlund. Any of the Johnson's will know my name. Welcome aboard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Rachel .. do you have a brother named Mac ????
I lived on the Island way back then ....
I have thought of Mac though the years ..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.
Rachel .... my name is Connie Faye .. if you are the family I am thinking about your brother would remember me ....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rachel Johnson (Kordos)
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connie,

My Dad is Steve, I know many people call him Mac up on the island, I'll have to ask him if he knows you next time I chat with him.
Rachel Johnson (Kordos)
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clover

Betsy is my Aunt, my dads' steve jonson. she hasn't been up to the island in quite some time, well now that i think about it i think the last time she was up was about 3 or 4 years ago
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Gotcha! However, I always knew your dad as Mac. In fact, I didn't know is real name was Steve.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: