Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul...Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snippets? Posting poll results with no information to back it up is what I would call snippets.

I need to correct something you have stated though. Ron Paul HAS NOT voted against every tax increase. There are many, many times he chose a No Vote instead of voting yes when he knew voting yes was the right thing to do. Probably so he can say he never voted FOR a tax increase. No guts, even cowardly I would say.

I like your twist though, you should have been a politicain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: snippets Reply with quote

You claim to want freedom from gov. but you support the Fed gov. programs. Like many on the right and left, you ignore facts. "Dr. No", as Ron Paul is called because of his record for voting against more taxes is twisted by people like you calling him "no guts, cowardly."??? Voting yes for tax increases is what, brave? Please tell me, Troy, that you as a republican is for tax increases. Say it here so all can hear your reasons for tax increases and how it is a "bold and brave action."

Cowardly refers to candidates that do not have the brass to tell the American people the truth. Ron Paul does that and has been doing that for his entire career. Ck up on it, Troy.

Finally, we have a candidate that does not follow the same line of BS that has landed us into this mess and those like you follow the same media endorsed, corporate endorsed, party endorsed candidate. Change will occur when, how? Wasn't Obama endorsed by his party? Wasn't Bush endorsed by his party? MORE OF THE SAME.

Some day you will take off the blinders you are wearing and realize the media machine is nothing more than all the special interests promoting agendas that screw you and me. They promote war, welfare for the rich, welfare for foreign countries, and protection for their fellow political criminals...like Obama, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, etc.

Tell me, Troy, which democratic administration have you supported? Which republican administrations have you supported?

Never mind answering. I know the response already.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - Obviously you know nothing about me. I would not say I am a supporter of any party. Like you claim, I am for the person that will do the best job. In fact, I probably couldn't tell you which party each of the candidates are from, it doesn't matter to me.

Ron Paul has been in office for over 30 years and has never voted FOR a tax increase, that's just asinine. I am not saying I like it, but the truth is things cost more now than they did 30 years ago and the government needs to raise taxes to pay for it. Let me give you an example, I am the president of my HOA, after 6 years of service costs going up we could not afford to pay for everything required without raising our dues. We raised our annual assessment by $15 per year and not one single person complained out of the 500 homes we have here. I thought I was going to catch hell at our annual meeting, but no one even asked about it because they are smart enough to understand it.

So back to Ron Paul, in over 30 years in office he never voted FOR a tax increase even though he knew some were justified. He didn't vote AGAINST every tax increase either. Instead he is listed as a NO VOTE, that shows me he is afraid to tarnish his record and is a coward. That would be like everyone not voting in the election because it is a tough decision. Don't politicains always preach for us to get out and vote. But when it comes to the tough votes Ron Paul does not vote. I am not telling you this because I read some media machine article, I am looking at his voting record.

John - I am simply telling you what it is like to live in a state where the economy has always been stronger than any other state in the union. It saddens me to see my friends, in the state I am from, suffer and I believe our govenor here in Texas could help. If you don't want to listen than thats fine. Your the one with the blinders on and if people don't see things your way, then they are idiots, I get it.

Why can't you take the opinion of someone that lives here in Texas and can tell you first hand what its like? Instead you are the one buying into the media machine about Perry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Taxes Reply with quote

My point on Ron Paul's voting record concerning taxes is this: every politician blabs they will cut taxes. They say one thing but do something else. Ron Paul DOES what he preaches. I believe your comments on his voting record. But compare his voting record to all other congressman. Every one of them miss votes and most miss many more than Ron Paul.

You must believe that federal income taxes must go up to keep up with the changing times. Many people think we need to pay taxes for infrastructure, etc. ALL of our federal income taxes do not even pay HALF of the interest on our national debt.

We do not need to raise any taxes. This country needs to quit spending on the items I've mentioned over and over...war, foreign welfare, corporate subsidies, taxbreak loopholes, etc. I'm amazed that you support Perry when, according to your fellow Texan, Ron Paul, he has doubled Texan Taxes.

How do you explain Perry's lowly roots and then his rise to millionarie status AFTER he got into politics? Perhaps his real estate dealings were just good deals...buying a $50,000 piece of property and then turning around in one year and selling it for, what was it, $450,000? Must have been gold on that piece or just a wealthy corporate friend waiting for a political favor from Rick.

You like Perry so much, you must also be for the Trans Texas Corridor. There's money in that deal and I am sure Rick's palm will get greased plenty. Many Texans are not on that boat. How do you feel about the corridor?

You must also be for oil company subsidies since oil is king in Texas. Isn't that a type of Federal welfare? Isn't that like stealing my money to give it to the richest industry on earth?

I'm glad you think Perry is good for Texas. That does not make him good for our country.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see. Rick Perry's salary is $150,000 times 11 years, thats $1,650,000. Since he lives in the govenors mansion and doesn't pay for utilities, food, transportation, etc. WOW, your right he must be corrupt to have saved his money (or close to half of it) and became a millionare!

And you are listening while one canidate bad mouths another candidate? All of that must be true since none of them would twist the truth.

Seriously though, all I have been trying to say is he has done a good job and I think he will make a good president. Politicians like you only want to drag other people threw the mud and distract from their own short comings.

Three years ago you were so happy when Obama was elected and told us all how great it was going to be. Now you have him listed as a "Criminal" right along side the others. Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Good luck John Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Perry Reply with quote

A few "mud slinger" facts:

Let's look at the Texas model designed by Republican wannabe president, Governor Rick Perry who is asking American voters to choose the leader of a state that:

1) ... has saddled its citizens with a $27 billion budget deficit, one of the largest of all states, kicking it down the road until the next legislative session begins in 2013. In the interregnum, while Perry remains out of state campaigning, teachers, university funding, emergency first responders and health services are all taking major funding cuts as a result of the Texas budget debacle.

2) ... has the highest number of its citizens living in poverty.

3) ... has the highest number of its citizens with no health insurance coverage.

4) ... has the highest number of its citizens working for minimum wage or lower.

5) ... has the highest number of teenage girl pregnancies and repeat pregnancies, in spite of the abstinence-only sexual behavior micro-management law.

6) ... has one of the lowest graduation rates of senior high school students (ranked 43rd).

7) ... has passed a mandatory sonogram law that strips away a woman's freedoms and liberties, forcing those who become pregnant as a result of rape or incest who are seeking an abortion to submit to a secondary, state-mandated rape.

Cool ... has passed repressive voter ID laws, the sole purpose of which is to make voting tougher, despite no reports of voter fraud.

9) ... has a supermajority Republican legislature and governor advocate that citizens carry loaded, concealed weapons everywhere, including schools, court houses, churches, college campuses, grocery and department stores and of course, bars;

10) ... has the lowest air and water quality in the nation, along with lax standards and perfunctory environmental protections.

11) ... in 2009 passed mandatory teaching of the Bible in public school classrooms.

12) ... has a governor, who along with his appointee on the State Board of Education, Barbara Cargill, promoted the teaching of Creation Science/Intelligent Design, and questioned the evidence supporting evolution, further advancing their religious agenda. They claim that men and dinosaurs coexisted, that the Earth is only 6,000-years-old, and that everything was created out of nothing at exactly the same time - evolution never occurred.

(I like number 9...only not in bars.)
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: CA Republican Straw Poll Reply with quote

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2011/09/ron-paul-wins-california-gop-straw.html

Another win for Ron Paul. Ck it out.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: More "Mud" or facts Reply with quote

I come across so much "stuff" about Perry that it amazes me. Ck this piece out. I know, I know...mudslinging...or facts...you decide.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/rick-perrys-texas-hits-highest-unemployment-percentage-in-24-years.php
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#roll_on_floor #roll_on_floor Don't believe the media machine John #roll_on_floor #roll_on_floor

Rick Perry created 40 % of new jobs in the country. IN THE COUNTRY!

I know for a fact half of those are total lies. The other half I would need to check up on, but I am sure they are some distortion of the truth.

No one is perfect, but I would rather have a no BS president that not afraid to hurt someones feelings by doign the right thing. That's the way it used to be before all the complainers moved in. If you don't like it, go back to where your from! Not talking to you specifically John, but you know what I am saying.

Your wasting your vote on Ron Paul. He can't even get a party to support him. It will never happen. Laughing Laughing Laughing
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Party support Reply with quote

"He can't even get a party to support him. "

Now you are catching on, Troy. The non-support of a party is exactly why millions like Ron Paul. If either criminal element, that is the republican or democratic party, supports someone, you know they are part of the "club" that is destroying this country.

Tell your Perry fans which "facts" are lies that are in the info clips I posted. Also, no comment about the TTC? (Trans Texas Corridor)

Sorry, Troy, I just happen to believe Ron Paul, a man that has never allowed any "lobbyist" to cross his office threshold.

When I saw Perry schmoozing with Trump, I had to laugh. This is a guy that supports the average citizen??

Here's one for ya: This am I received this from "The National Association for Gun Rights":

"Last week, Governor Perry’s deadline passed to return his National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey."

Mr. Gun slinger did not answer questions about our 2nd Amendment rights. No mud, no lies, just a heads up about the "politician" jockying for all the votes he can get by compromising any position he supposedly supports. I do not know if Ron Paul received the same survey or not. Perhaps he didn't return it either...I do not know.

Since Ron supports the constitution to the letter, I know his position on gun rights for American Citizens.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Media Machine Reply with quote

MSM is BIG business. I do not buy into any of their "corporate" driven BS.

MSM ignores facts like many people I know. I get my info from MANY sources...most never appear on the MSM. MMMMMM, I wonder why?

Did you know Ron Paul raised $1,107,885.60 as of 8:46 am Today in his latest one day money bomb fund raiser? (one day or two or three) All private citizens...Real Americans... Not corporations looking for another hand-out from the Federal Government.

This FACT will not appear on the MSM. If it was Perry, or Bachman, or Gingrich, or Palin it would. All dipshts but somewhat supported by their party and the MSM. LOL

Here is the result of the Sept. California Republican Party Straw poll:

Congressman Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)

Governor Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)?

Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)

Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)

Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)

Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)

Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)

Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)

Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)

Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)

Write-ins (15, 1.8%)
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I really like the passion you have for Ron Paul. If he does not win the Republican nomination and does not run as independent, will you go back to Obama?
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Obama Reply with quote

Good question.

It's the ol' cliche...voting for the lesser of two evils. As bad as Obama has turned out, I think McCain/Palin would have been much worse. Obama has endorsed W's policies so I lump him right in there with W.

I will not vote for Perry. Romney makes me ill. Palin and Bachmann will not get the party endorsement cuz they are women. And I would not vote for two idiots like them...male or female. Both envoke god for votes. Both are warmongers, and will say anything to please the tea party (whatever that is).

Ron Paul is a genuine person. He did military time as a doctor. No one can buy him. He stands up for what most people believe...follow the constitution, which means getting rid of all the governmental depts. that are not explicitly described in it, defend our country, War only after an official declaration is made and then ratified by congressional vote. Get rid of the Federal reserve...which has no connection to our federal government at all...be friends with all countries and people, trade with everyone, stop the policing of the world, legalize many drugs and marijuana and regulate it. You know big pharma hates that idea...people free to put into their bodies whatever they want, quit giving foreign welfare to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and every other tom dick and harry country out there, get government out of our personal lives, and on and on.

We need the wisdom of age. I respect him for his knowledge and lifelong integrity.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

85% of special interest monies came from corporations in the last election. Only 15% came from unions. Get your facts straight 'Wrong Guy'.
West End Piper
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retardicans are always overstating the power and influence of unions. Last I read, only 12% of our workforce in unionized today, as compared with 30% a few decades ago.http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?order=A
Yeah, Ok.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 am    Post subject: Fox's Poll Reply with quote

Monday on 'America's Newsroom'
The people making headlines, the events shaping our world and the news that matters to you only on 'America's Newsroom'
'America's Newsroom' Poll
Who won the Fox News-Google Republican debate?

Michele Bachmann 1.08% (162 votes)
Herman Cain 10.66% (1,595 votes)
Newt Gingrich 5.32% (796 votes)
Jon Huntsman 0.31% (47 votes)
Gary Johnson 0.96% (143 votes)
Ron Paul 64.88% (9,709 votes)
Rick Perry 3.63% (543 votes)
Mitt Romney 11.07% (1,657 votes)
Rick Santorum 2.09% (313 votes)

This is posted on Fox MSM site. Mmmmm, who is the front candidate?
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Here ia another pole

The final presidential straw poll results from Florida have been tallied. Herman Cain is the winner. On Saturday, 2,657 delegates cast their vote. The Republican Party’s straw poll results are:

Herman Cain, 37.1%
Rick Perry, 15.4%
Mitt Romney, 14.0%
Rick Santorum, 10.9%
Ron Paul, 10.4%
Newt Gingrich, 8.4%
Jon Huntsman, 2.3%
Michele Bachmann, 1.5%

Uncle Steve
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

I do not doubt that poll one bit.

It is a totally different slice of America. The Fox poll is open to EVERYBODY. It is not a "delegate" group. Although I have to believe the delegate slice of Americans is representative of most of us. Yes? No?

The winner in this poll surprises me. But I think he is much better than Romney or Perry. He's not a Ron Paul.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. According to the liberals, if I don't support Obama and I support the Tea Party, I'm a racist. If I support Cain am I still a racist? If I support Cain and still support the Tea Party am I half a racist? If I support Cain and no longer support the Tea Party am no longer a racist? Wait... Cain supports the Tea Party so I would still be a racist by association. Someone should get ahold of Michael Moore and Maxine Waters and get this clarified.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

I agree with you Right Guy.

You are confused.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait...according to John.. the 2,657 delegates aren't delegates?????
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: What Reply with quote

They ARE delegates.

They are different than NON-delegates. Right?

Some of these straw polls require money to vote. The Mackinaw Island republican get together costs $125.00 per vote. I think I read the Florida votes cost $175.00 each. But I am not sure.

I know the Michigan Ron Paul backers decided that the $125 plus the ferry costs plus the travel costs plus the housing costs was too expensive and not enough bang for the buck.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN Poll results just released:

According to the survey, which was released Monday Sept 26th, 2011.

28 percent of Republicans and independents who lean towards the GOP say they support Perry as their party's presidential nominee.

Romney at 21 percent.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is at ten percent.

Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who's making his third bid for the White House, former Godfather's Pizza CEO and radio talk show host Herman Cain, and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, all at seven percent.

The poll indicates that Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota is at four percent.

With former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania at three percent.

And former Utah Gov. and ambassador to China Jon Huntsman at one percent.

Wow, Ron Paul is tied with Sarah Palin, you must be proud. Plus, I might add Rick Perry may not be doing that well in the republican debates, but he has only been doing this for maybe 5 or 6 weeks. Ron Paul has been at it fo 9 years?
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Perry Reply with quote

I'll try to be tactful. Are you telling me that Ron Paul has been debating against 6 or 7 others for nine straight years? What are you smoking?

Hasn't Perry been in debates for his governorship? That isn't practice?

Ron Paul ran for president in 1988 as a libertarian. As I am sure you know, third party candidates cannot debate in the democrat vs. republican forum. What a screwed up rule that is.

That is why Ron Paul is running as a Republican. At least if he is nominated, he can debate the other candidate.

Your poll has some key letters in it...CNN. Was that a poll the general public could vote in?

Perry is crashing and burning as we speak. Just like the idiot Bachemann...guardasil causes retardation...Is she for real.

What I like best about Perry is his support of illegal aliens. YOUR money and mine support his programs and the illegals in Texas. That will be harped on over and over.

And Troy, still no response about the Trans Texas Corridor? And no comments about Texas having the most uninsured people in the nation. And no comment about the lowest paid wages of any state?

Perry is a flash in the pan.

Ron Paul is the only genuine person in the bunch. And he has a brain...something Perry will never have.

Read one of Ron's 7 books...then you might have a clue. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: