Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul...Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - I love how your polls are FACT and they come from some off the wall conspiracy theorist news rag. And then of course mine come from the lieing media machine. Please post the poll results for the Florida debate from you realiable source. The poll results you originally posted didn't include public voting, I am just comparing apples to apples here. Your just as bad as the media machine when you only post results when you think you are winning. All I am saying is Ron Paul is getting beat by someone that has only been running for president for 5 weeks and he has been running for 9 years and still can't beat out some of these worthless candidates. I know, the truth hurts. Deal with it.

I think the Texas Corridor it a good thing. All these shipping companies that are moving into the state of Texas because our economic situation is better than any other state will expand our port cities by 50%. We don't want this increase of trucks on our public highways, I would rather have them on their own highways and be able to distribute the goods out to America in a safer, quicker manner.

Texas has the second largest population in the US, its easy to say we have the highest number of any statistic. Is it the highest number or the highest pecentage?
Let me use small numbers you can understand. Lets say Texas only had 10 people living in it and two of them were uninsured, then lets say Wyoming only has 2 people living in it and 1 of them is uninsured. People like you would say Texas has the highest number of people uninsured?

I don't have all the facts on the pay rates, but I do have a question. When they figure this number are they taking everyone with a job and averaging their pay out? Do they take everyone that is unemployed and use $0 to average it in or a negative amount because they are on welfare or unemployment? I think that would be a more accurate figure since Texas has one of the lowest unemployment rates. I'll bet those people with a low pay rate are thinking they are lucky to have a job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Polls Reply with quote

I have never said "my posting of polls is FACT and anyone else's are not." I asked if the CNN poll was open to all voters? Was it? The FOX poll was immediately after the debate and was open to anyone.

The only news rags I know of are CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc. And I know you hold those close to your heart.

The TTC is more invasion of government stealing private property. I see why you support Perry. Stealing private property for the benefit of Mexico and the largest corporations on earth is ok by Perry and by you. I know many, many Texans would disagree with you about this land grab for the benefit of Mexico, Canada. and the corporate elites.

Ron Paul is 100% against our government stealing private land for the benefit of Mexico. Again, you and Perry must love Mexico more than the citizens of the USA.

Go here and see where Perry stands on Gun Rights:

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/potus2012/

As you can see in this report, Ron Paul replied along with Bachmann. Perhaps Perry is afraid that he might lose some votes from the anti-gun folks. What a phony.

Perry is wrong for Texas, wrong for the USA, wrong for the constitution, wrong for average Americans...just plain wrong.

And more and more Americans are seeing him for who he is...more of the same.

And by the way...Perry being in the lead according to whatever poll does not hurt my feelings. What does surprise me is how many dumbsh-ts there are in this country that see him as different than Bill Clinton, Bush one, Bush two, and Obama. Same ol' boys club. Same ol' party guy. No different than the predecessors.

Tell me how Perry is different than those predecessors I mentioned above? Name a significant policy that will change? And when did he introduce that policy...last week, last year, 10 years ago...???

He is so artificial and so much a party puppet. Much like those that support him.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - Please post the poll results for the Florida debate from your realiable source.

The Texas Corridor is not being built to benefit Mexico. It will run from our port cities near Houston. Double check your geography, Houston is not on the border with Mexico.

Blah, blah, blah....go have another Obama Mama. Isn't that how you celebrated Obama being voted in to office and told us all how he was going to change everything for the better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sure did. Makes me wonder the real agenda. Ron Paul and Obama couldn't be farther apart. John, you seem to be dismissing Cain as well.
Cain is coming on strong. His 9-9-9 plan is brilliant. New Zogby poll has Cain leading the pack. The "Man with the Plan" has my support so far.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Cain Reply with quote

Cain:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/09/the-truth-about-herman-cain/

Perry:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/27/texas-governor-rick-perry_n_982991.html

Facts? Or Mud slinging?
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Ralph Nader would run again.......I love Ralph Nader....

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
blue72
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Slingin'" season already? Man, where did the time go? Rolling Eyes
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - there are different revisions of the concept but I see the one you want to use as an example. Bottom line is the concept for the TTC-35 was cancelled back in 2009. Can't you dig up some better dirt on Perry than that? How did Ron Paul vote on that? Probably a "no vote".

While looking at Ron Paul's voting history I see he voted NO on anything related to helping American Indian tribes. Ron Paul hates the American Indian?
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Sooner or later Reply with quote

(Did someone censor my comments? Isn't that an infringement of my 1st ammendment rights?)

The problem is this: Perry, and his cronies, supported the Trans Texas Corridor big time.

Read this from Wikepedia:

In spite of public complaints–and both the 2006 platforms of the Texas Republican[26] and Democratic[27] parties opposing the plan–Governor Rick Perry continued to support the TTC.[28]

The TTC had the strong support of the Perry-appointed five-member Texas Transportation Commission, which was headed by the governor's close friend and former state legislative colleague, Ric Williamson, until Williamson's sudden death from a heart attack on December 30, 2007. It was also supported by State Representative Mike Krusee of Williamson County, who was the chairman of the House Transportation Committee.

Wow! Talk about governmental cronyism!!

Let's see here...Perry opposes Obama care but he uses an Executive order to force a vaccine on 12 yr old girls.

Perry wants government to get out of our lives but he supports taking private property by governmental force to build a highway built by foreigners.

Perry believes in the 2nd Amendment but he will not answer questions about the UN trying to take Americans guns and rights away.

All HISTORY, right Troy? And don't we vote based upon a man's or woman's history?

Troy, you love to interject words like, "Hate" to sway opinion. Ron Paul hates no man...anywhere on the planet. He believes in the independence of all men and women...and he fights hard against government creating dependency with handouts, bailouts, welfare, etc. It's called freedom. And this is a concept you obviously do not understand.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the first time I have used the word hate in any of my posts. Another ridiculous comment by JEE. Laughing

Oh, and another ridiculous post. I don't understand the concept of freedom?

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *darn* what you think you're entitled to!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it sad that it is only going to git worse before an election that isn't going to happen until next year.. It being the mud slinging and attitudes I see in these posts. Slam em, jam em, give em 'ell but we are all Americans and majority rules.. You're not winning any votes for Paul here, John.. You may do better taking it to where it might do some good.. Oh, and I will be voting for Obama, again. Smile
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Ha ha ha Reply with quote

Troy, that is just too funny. Quoting a maniacal character (Jack Nicholson) to prove you understand what freedom is. What a treat. Thanks for the entertainment. And by the way, aren't you supposed to put quotation marks around another persons words?? I like you more now than before for that hilarious quote.

I used to think I understood FREEDOM. That was until I started listening and reading Ron Paul.

Freedom does not exist to our present Federal Government. Freedom is not understood by Rick Perry. If it was understood by Rick, he would never have used executive power to insist that a vaccination must be given to young women. He would have never even considered taking private property for the TTC. He would never ignore a guns survey that asks questions about the United Nations sticking their nose into our 2nd amendment. NEVER.

And if YOU understood freedom, you would never endorse Perry. So, in my opinion you do not understand what freedom is. Sorry.

Not understanding freedom is the problem with ALL of the other Republican candidates. Don't ask me why they are full of crap. I could go on for ...well ....to long for you to read.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Obama again Reply with quote

Al's sister:

Sorry that you think the conversation that Troy and I are having is mudslinging or whatever. I put comments out there for all to see and consider. You can refute them, accept them or ignore them.

I voted for Obama because the other choice was just too crazy. But because I see what Obama has done and is doing, I will not vote for him again. He is just more of the same. NO WAY. Nor will I vote for ANY other candidate other than Ron Paul. Obviously you do not see it that way nor do you wish to consider another avenue for our country.

You are afraid to engage in a heated discussion about our country's future...I am not nor is Troy or Right Guy. But these are the discussions that a FREE people must engage in to arrive at what is best for this nation.

And who are you to tell me where I should discuss such issues? I enjoy the BBI forum and its array of personalities. If you are convinced that Ron Paul is not for you, great. But do not ever tell anyone where they can practice FREE SPEECH. Thanks.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot the quotations, but glad you got it and enjoyed it.

My cousin saw a sign and posted on his FB, it was too good not to pass on.

"If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, please vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree John, go for it. I still can't figure the Obama to Paul connection. It's still really early and I am looking forward to reading more rants and opinions. Haven't heard much doom and gloom from Conis yet. He may be in the bunker with his Amish buddies.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Conis may be on the ROCK....

Uncle Steve
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEE is choosing to back a candidate because he believes he's best for the country. The fact that he's voting outside of his party gives him credibility. The middle class should follow suit and give up on party, race and religious separation. Instead of being divided we could actually run this country. As it stands we are not represented by either party so let's elect candidates that represent the middle. Ron Paul might be old, but he would represent the middle better than any other candidate.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose to ignore....

John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: several comments Reply with quote

To Al's Sister: See how easy that was?

To Right Guy: Ron/Obama connection. None. Americans had to choose between the party choices...both bad, both status quo. As I have said before, I was a democrat. I listened to Ron Paul once. I was hooked. He was running in '08 as a Republican BUT he was not status quo. He has spoken the truth for 30 years, I discovered. Ron Paul has educated millions of Americans as to the futility of following the party choices.

Americans want something good to happen to this country but they continue to support the party choice, the media darling, the flavor of the month. And what do we get? More of the same. I actually thought Obama would get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, close Guantanamo. NOT!! Just more of the same. More spying on Americans, more war, more foreign welfare, more QEs, etc. Essentially no change from Bush's policies. Zero.

To Troy: I voted against McCain/Palin. I would say most people do not vote to "prove" anything. We all got what we voted for...the same ol'. We can only speculate what McCain would have done. (That line is a good chuckle.)

To Rich: Thanks. You spoke for me very accurately. Ron has the advantage of years, a strong grasp of history, a solid belief in the greatest governmental document ever written, and an unflinching record. Anyone that listens to this man will discover what I discovered.

Millions of Americans can trump corporate backed candidates but it is a tough battle. I choose to fight for a man that has almost NO corporate backing or support from either party. He has received more money from our troops than all the other candidates combined. He is beholding to the American People...not the Military/congressional/corporate/industrial complex. That's something to think about.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - "You can't handle the truth"!!

Seriously though, I don't care if the candidate is balck, white, green, democrat, republican, independent, or whatever. I just want what's best for our country.

Rick Perry has made some bad choices and they were corrected (that's the way the system is suppose to work). I feel those mistakes pale in comparison to what we have now as far as the economy. I do know that he is not all talk, seeing first hand the good things he has done.

How do I know Ron Paul is not all talk with his policies. Sure he as a good voting record but how do I really know he will follow though on all his promises?
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Good question Reply with quote

That is a question we ask about every politician..."will they follow through?"

When a man is on record for 30 years saying, promoting, voting, educating, and living the same sermon, you have to surmise that that is what he will follow.

Troy, the saying "Practice what you preach" is appropriate for Ron Paul. He has NEVER taken a 'junket' paid by the federal government which of course is your money. He does not participate in the very lucrative congressional pension program. He votes based on whether or not it is constitutional. He does not believe the federal government has the right to vote for anythiing that takes your money.

For example: Congress took up a resolution to fund a memorial or plaque or something to that affect for Rosa Parks. It passed 434 yeah and 1 nay. The nay was Ron Paul. Is he racist? No. He explained it this way. The memorial idea was a good one. He said that he would be more than willing to take up a collection from all of the other congressional members to fund it. But he said that no matter how good intentioned it was, they, congress, did not have the right to spend yours and my money without our permission for such a memorial.

You know more about Ron Paul's voting record than I do. If you read about him you will also find he has been warning about the federal reserve for his entire life...not just lately. He has also warned of foreign entanglements...and look what a mess our foreign policy is...we are in 130 countries with 700 bases or more. It costs Trillions a yr to maintain and it pisses off a lot of countries. All that empire does not make us safer. It is the exact opposite.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: funny line-poll Reply with quote

Funny Line: "I refuse to believe corporations are people until the state of Texas executes one of them."

Michigan Poll:

Southwest MI Patriots
Liberty and Freedom

A message to all members of Southwest MI Patriots

Here is the results of the 'unscientific' poll we conducted last week within the organizations of the Michigan Tea Party Alliance who choose to pass it on to their members. There were 514 responses during the time from 21 Sep. to 28Sep that it was open.

There were three votes separating Paul and Cain. Note how the 'Tea Party' connected candidates lead the pack and the 'establishment' folks trail. Also, McCotter has dropped out and Huntsman received one vote.

We plan on another poll during the last week of October to see what may have changed. Go here or here on Facebook for more comments.

Paul 23%
Cain 22%
Perry 15%
Bachmann 13%
Romney 9%
Gingrich 8%
Other 6%
Santorum 3%
Johnson 1%
McCotter 1%
Huntsman 0%

Visit Southwest MI Patriots at: http://kzooteaparty.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

To control which emails you receive on Southwest MI Patriots, click here
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not Al's Sister...I am Al'sOther Sister. Lets keep that straight!! LOL!

Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! Don't worry.. I think everyone knows.. Freedom of Speech is only alright for John.. Smile Unless you say something positive about Ron Paul in this forum you get attacked.. LOL!
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Attacked?? Reply with quote

Attacked?? Wow.

If I agree with you then it is not an attack?? If I disagree with you or stand up for another position it is an attack?? Sorry.

Here is an interesting thought on the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki's killing.

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/ron-paul-on-anwar-al-awlakis-demise-i-think-its-sad/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: