Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul...Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Huh? Why would you agree with me, John!? And why would I debate with you? I'm not interested in Ron Paul.. I'm interested in pointing out how sad it is that mud slingin is in the works and will be for another year because You have a man crush on Ron Paul and are the lead slinger.. I thinks it's old news.. Should I pull up EVERYTHING you have posted on Ron Paul!? WTF! Isn't there something else interesting in this world besides RonPaulRonPaulRonPaul!? Laughing
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost had me tuning the corner for Paul, then I read the article. Sorry pal, keep knocking them off, the quicker the better. Yes, we have the moral authority. Maybe not perfect, but close enough. Can't wait for the "what gives us the right" stuff.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luv u Al's Sister......

I have seen alot of hate in this thread, so we need to see alot of love right now.....

I want to hear from the people that want to help everyone....not just themselves...

Where are they now that we need them.....

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John...I dont know where you are financially but I am screwed and alot of others are screwed. It is not from the admin in place right now, but from the whole political process as a whole. We are not looking for an easy fix, we are looking for a long term decision to help us. We are not looking for a handout, we are looking for a little help to send us on our way. Every decision that I have seen thus far, has been for those poor helpless multi-million dollar individuals that can't (apparently) afford a tax lawyer. or think the wind(stock market) is going to blow their way. I really am up in the air as far as who I choose, reb or dem. Cause My Momma taught me so. I vote for who will give me peace...peace of want, peace from hate, peace of mind.
I have not seen that person and hopefully I am shown the way. But I really am not happy with people, (namely you) altho I respect your opinion, don't like it shoved down our throat. It seems that way, and altho you may not think that, I feel it and others have. So maybe, just maybe you are coming on alittle strong and maybe, just maybe, you should back off.

John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Ronpaulronpaulronpaul Reply with quote

To Al's Sister: Why do I write about Ron Paul? This is a "Ron Paul" thread.

To Al's Other Sister: I want what you want too. Look at the candidates. Judge for yourself.

Hate? Where do you get "hate" from a political discussion?

To Right Guy: Since when is it EVER right to execute anyone without a trial? Like the article said, even Charles Manson got a trial. What you do not understand is that our beloved government has become judge, jury, and executioner. now that that step has been taken, it will not be long before others are targeted as guilty without a trial and summarily executed. That is NOT the role of any government.

Our country has the moral authority to kill a SUSPECTED terrorist? No kidding. Define "Moral Authority". I suspect "god" has spoken to us and said, "Kill them, they know not what they do." or something like that.

If this "AL-waki" guy is so dangerous, why not capture him, put him on trial for all to see, and then carry out a judge's sentence? It would be cheaper than using a Multi-million dollar drone and missles. I believe the same for Bin Laden.

This drone attack will make other countries love the USA more and this act will make us safer. NOT.

Would your Jesus approve of this course of action?

This is the Bush Mentality. The Obama mentality. And look at the mess this world is in. And what scares me most, this "kill 'em all" mentality is supported by "god fearing, bible thumping Americans."

Praise the lord.

(this is opinion, sarcasm, cynicism, not HATE)
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am speaking of the politicians out there( in general) and in no way directed it at you, as person. Peace from hate...is from the whole, "you are different" aspect or our country. You can be rich/poor, married/divorced, gay or straight, etc etc etc.... Why cant we just decide that we have to protect what is ours(thee US of Friggin A), and decide what is good for us as a whole. They (politicians) are after what is good for them as an individual and screw those people they are suppose to represent.
You taking one thing I said, and turning it around to yourself is just what I have a problem with.
I would express appreciation to the fact of you telling us the great things about Ron Paul and not bashing the other side. He is a smart articulate man and I agree with some, but not all of his thinkings. I dont appreciate how people' boo' him in an open debate. He has ideas that really fringe on making some sense. And all ideas should be heard. Not ridiculed in a somewhat biased media. Media is for the story...not the candidate, keep that in mind.
You want us to listen to you!

Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate is from you....you hate it when others disagree with you...
get over it.
We respect your opinion, but you should expect and respect others with a different opinion, you are shoving it.....let your opinion be known, fine. Make your opinion the only thing discussed...problem, with you.
Nuff said!

Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy that they killed the guy that was involved in making sure that they were pumped up to kill our people. American or not, he was a threat that was needed to be stopped. If they killed the top bomb maker of that organization in the process...good deal. Two birds with one stone. They are killing innocent people here in the US every day, death penalty. Maybe we should be fixing that, instead of being concerned for one AHole that pretty much snubbed his nose at his "birth place" and all the education he got from this country and decide he wanted something other than what our country stands for, and decide to KILL people and encourage others to do so.

Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this guy say...oh ya, lets go to The UN and put the US on trial for everything I have a problem for and let that court decide???????Hell No...

Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Lets not forget the 2,000 plus Us Citizens that were assassinated without a trial on 9/11/2001..

Uncle Steve
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a WAR on terror. Don't even try and compare us to them. Playing by new rules now. The British wanted to fight by their rules too. March in an open field and fire at each other. We didn't play by those rules and adapted the hide in the woods and ambush. We Won. No time for trials and no desire to hear them rant. Smoke em before they smoke us again. I don't want my wife and daughter living under Muslim law. They are both beautiful, intelligent and can drive. The world is a better place with them being seen, heard and on the road. We know who they are, let's keep finding them and eliminating them. Go Bush, Go Obama, Go whoever is in charge and keep it up.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Believe Our Federal Government Reply with quote

Al's other sister:
Quote:
I have seen alot of hate in this thread,

I haven't seen hate in this entire thread. Until I saw the hatred toward untried terrorist.

Bin Laden: Not ONE shred of evidence was ever presented in a public forum showing he was behind 9-11 or had anything to do with it. He may have been behind it. But you do not know. You have taken the word of a criminal government, Not a court of law. None of us ever saw his body. None of us can explain why building 7 went down with out so much as a piece of debris hitting it. Why was there "thermolite"(a strictly USA military grade explosive used in demolition) residue in all of the 9-11 dust and debris? Why did a steel building collapse when steel does not melt in ANY, free burning, open flame? Steve believes everything our federal government feeds him. That is not hate, that is just my observation of a person that believes our military is ALWAYS right.

Right guy: You are worried about your family becoming muslims? Why? Do muslilms have military"bases" in our country? Do they bomb us from Drones? You live in a totally unfounded fear drummed up by the warmongers. Seriously, are you afraid of terrorists? I fear our Federal Government much more.

Al waki was guilty...of hate speech...according to our Military/government, and was behind other attempted terrorist attacks. When will the government assassinate an American on American soil for practicing free speech against the criminals in DC? It is a slippery slope. Ask any lawyer. Suspending Habeas corpus for one person means other countries can suspend it for some American they consider a terrorist, like Dick Cheney. I sure hope they do not get drones.

UN: I do not want the UN deciding guilt or innocence either. But yet no one on this forum seems to have any problem letting the UN decide to allow US troops be deployed to fight unconstitutional wars.

We are creating terrorists every day with our invasive foreign policy. Why do we think we are not creating enemies when we toast entire families with errant missile attacks? And that is a fact!!
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoke em.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go burn or blow up that building because You think I am smart and I say true...go burn or blow up that building because you came to me and said, what can I do?
Go burn or blow up that plane, building or other structure, person, place or thing. Because someone said you should listen to me, maybe his name was Bin Laden. Telling everyone, listen to this man, spread the hatred, spread the madness.
Please do not tell me Bin Laden did not deserve what he got and throw your conspiracy theories on it....its disgusting!
Please don't tell me Anwar al-Awlaki, did not deserve what he got. He deserved it more. Because he was an American, makes it more terrible.
He felt some reason to attack us. I wonder where he got that idea from?
John, this Was a thread about Paul. You made it about other things....

Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John didn't start anything but give us his opinion. That's what it's all about. Keep it coming John. They are not going to like us. Not even a little bit. Ever. No matter how many poppies you stick in their suicide vests.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy John,
Just a bit of a correction on your statement about " Steve ALWAYS believes "etc. It should say Steve always believes that the Military does what it is ordered to do to protect the US interest. Be it political or Geopolitical .. Live with it John .. That's what life is about.. You don't agree that's fine, and you have the right to dessent.. BUT don't condemn those that choose not to follow your rhetoric. Remember, Ron Paul does not chastise those who don't agree with him.. You are a LOYAL Paul-bot, and we all know that is your goal in life. Sooo keep the faith and tell us more about R.P.

Uncle Steve
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: "our interest" Reply with quote

Did I condemn someone? Was it you Steve? If I condemned you in any way, I am sorry.

Thanks Right Guy!

We disagree. So? At least we can discuss and debate each other's positions.

I hate one thing: People that create hate. In order to keep wars going we must hate. So we must create fear. Governments have done it forever. And our Media machine, big corporate/congressional media, provides the greatest outlet possible...the TV. Think about it. We are pummelled with MSM that is beholding to our legislators and big military, big oil, etc. Whatever the MSM is fed, is spewed out to the people. Bin Laden this, Al-whacky that, and we accept it as fact. No question.

Back to Ron Paul from the officially declared "Paul-bot".

Ron simply says that our government is a poor choice for deciding who is guilty of crimes against humanity. Not the Federal Governments job, period. Ron Paul is all for executing nut cases that kill others. But never based upon secret reasons and unproven declarations. Try them. Every time. Prove to the world we respect moral behavior, REGARDLESS OF WHAT JIHAD SCREWBALLS DO!! WE CANNOT LOWER OURSELVES TO THEIR LEVEL.

That said, Nice weather we are having, eh?
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy About time... ( on the weather ) 7 or 8 days worth

Uncle Steve
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why everyone is moving over to facebook instead of coming here.. Me too.. Signing out.......................................................................
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Paulbot Exposed Reply with quote

Here’s a list of things you’re certain to find a Ron Paul supporter doing or saying at some time in your interaction with them. This will be added to at times.
1. They’ll tell you you’re ‘afraid’ of Ron Paul simply because you disagree with him.
2. If you run a simple blog, webpage or any other simple online content critical of Ron Paul, they’ll accuse you of being funded by the CIA or some corporation. They’ll say this despite the fact that your content looks very simplistic.
3. They’ll accuse you of being a neo-con.
4. They’ll accuse you of hating liberty, freedom and the constitution, simply because you disagree with Ron Paul’s interpretation of it.
5. They’ll mimic your anti-Paul content, with a pro-Paul, passive aggressive, tone. For example if you have a Ron Paul Exposed Blog, they’ll make a Ron Paul Exposed Blog too. Only they’ll say things like, “See we’re exposing how Ron Paul likes that dumb thing called freedom.”
6. Even though you make it clear to them, that you don’t want to hear what they have to say, they’ll interpret that as a statement saying you want to hear what they have to say.
7. They act like the fate of freedom, liberty and civilization itself, rests in Paul’s placement in an online poll, straw poll, text in poll or the like. They will literally spend hours, days, weeks, months, years, recruiting people to go vote in said poll.
8. They will report any of your anti-Paul content online, to the owner of said site. For example, if you have a Facebook page with anti-Paul content, they’ll report it as abusive to Facebook. Yet they’ll maintain following anti-Obama, anti-Boehner, anti-Bachmann, anti-Franks, anti-Pelosi, anti-Bush pages, because there is NOTHING hypocritical about that.
9. Much like 8. They’ll rant about their love of freedom, liberty and speech, but if you even speak against Ron Paul, they’ll do everything in their power to take your anti-Paul speech and expression down.
10. They’ll harass anyone/page/site/blog/community online that is minding its own business, all the while touting how Ron Paul says we need a foreign policy where our nation doesn’t intervene and we mind our own business.
11. They’ll go to online content of their own free will, which is anti-Paul, then they’ll claim the owner of said content is harassing them. Even though the owner and followers of said content are minding their own business and not encouraging or actually going and bothering Paulbots.
12. They will literally spend hours/days/weeks/months conniving for ways to convince one person who comments in a negative way about Ron Paul, on some blog or news article.
13. They literally have no concept of thinking outside themselves. They have no ability to comprehend that others simply don’t think like they think.
14. If Paul finishes, say 4th in a poll or actual election at say 9% and he finishes ahead of someone like Gingrich, or Palin(God forbid), they’ll act like this is a sign he actually won! Because he finished ahead of such popular people! All the while forgetting that three other people finished ahead of Paul, with much bigger poll/election results. To them 9% and fourth place, trumps 1st place at 40% or 2nd place at 33%. The 9% for Paul is a sign of a groundswell of support. The 40% the winner got means NOTHING! (Numbers given are just for figurative purposes. I think you get my point.)
15. Much like 14. They will act like a straw poll, text poll, online poll win is the real sign of victory. They act like raising $4 million in a day certainly shows Ron Paul is the next president. All the while ignoring actual, real world election results. You’ll hear them tout all the straw/text/online poll wins and money donations from 2010, but they’ll never mention he didn’t win a single primary. Hey why mention that, when you have more substantive things like online polls to tout?
16. After not winning a single primary, they will then go on and work for a write in campaign! Because we all know that if you don’t win a single primary, you will certainly get a majority of people to write your name on the ballot in a general election.
17. They’ll view their banning from an online forum/blog/website/whatever as being on the same level as our founding fathers who literally died as they fought for freedom.
18. They’ll play the insulting advocate. This is where they look like they’re insulting Ron Paul, but really it’s a passive aggressive, coy, sly statement that advocates for him.
19. They’ll claim you’re scared of Ron Paul, because you’re afraid of the truth.
20. They’ll call you a sheeple, if you don’t follow Ron Paul. Yet they have no problem getting together in large crowds and chanting Ron Paul together. They have no problem donating money, to the same guy, on the same day, all together. But yeah, if you don’t follow Ron Paul, then you’re the sheeple.
21. They’ll act like they supported someone else, then give their I came to Ron Paul testimony.
22. They’ll say they never heard of Ron Paul, until they saw you say/post something bad about him. But now that they read about him, due to your hate, now they are going to vote for him.
23. They’ll rant against the Huffington Post when there are anti-Paul articles, and they’ll call it a false source of information. But they’ll reference the Huffington Post if it backs up claims they love.
24. They’ll appeal to the fact that he delivered 4000 babies. As if this actually means anything.
25. They conflate Paul’s repeated appeals to the constitution and founding fathers, as actual evidence that he is constitutional and just like our founding fathers. They’ll act like our founding fathers would ONLY support Ron Paul.
26. They’ll come to a site critical of Ron Paul and act like they are an undecided type voter looking for facts. After looking at the facts, they’ll then act like the facts don’t exist, or they’ll down play the facts as unimportant, even though they scathe other candidates for the same things. I call this the sincere, undecided, seeker of information tactic.
27. After looking at said facts about Paul, they’ll try turning it on its head and say that the facts actually put Ron Paul in a positive light. This is actually similar to the tactic above where they mimic said content but use it to advocate for Paul. They’ll go so far as to say said facts make Paul look good, even when the facts clearly show Paul stands for a environment that would allow for states to have slaves again. If a page had a real photo of Ron Paul raping a baby, the Paulbot would say, “Well that puts Paul in a positive light. It just shows he wants to keep the child protective services busy.”
28. They’ll claim people follow the other candidates because the media puts thoughts in their mind and controls them. Almost as if people have no ability to make a choice! Yet if the media had this much power, wouldn’t it follow that the Paulbot making the claim, wouldn’t have the ability to choose Paul in the first place? Long story short, Paulbots can’t accept that the majority of people outright reject Paul, so they have to blame it on the media and the like.
29. Paulbots love to wear masks. You may see their avatar showing a Guy Fawkes mask or some kind of a chemical hazardous materials mask. Some of them even wear the mask in real life. Their love of the mask shows they love to emulate those founding fathers so much. Sure the founding fathers actually fought, put their lives on the line and lost blood, but the Paulbot feels like the moral equivalent because they quote those brave men while hiding behind a computer and or a mask. (Oh and Paulbots, before you go calling me a nameless, faceless coward, hiding behind a blog, keep in mind, I’m not making any claims to being the moral equivalent of the founding fathers. I am a coward behind a blog. I admit it. Unlike you!)
30. Shawshank redemption words. They love to use difficult sounding words, that sound like they may have been used in the movie Shawshank Redemption. Chances are if you see them using words that sound big, they saw them in a movie. They might say you’re a Luddite or myopic, or hey, you name it!

John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

I'm totally convinced after reading that. Ron Paul must be right if there is that much anti-Paul sentiment, or is it pro-Paul sentiment?

Good post. Where did it come from?

Or did you spend HOURS researching everything on the web to come up with all of those talking points?

And if you did spend all that time personally, you have spent way more time than I have ever spent digging into any person, much less a presidential candidate.

So, which side is more crazy...the side that fights, rants, and defends Ron Paul or is it the side that fights, rants, and attacks Ron Paul??

You know what they say: First they ignore you. Then they attack you. Then you win.

Here's another poll: Is this one legitimate or not? It is on FACEBOOK.

2 Times a Charm

Rick Perry Takes 2nd Straight Straw Poll

Despite mixed reviews from his debate performances, Rick Perry continues to lead the GOP field. Amassing over 30% of the vote Perry took the September Townhall and HotAir Republican Straw Poll.

Ron Paul's support stayed steady, taking 2nd place for the 5th time since we began polling in January. He has won the straw poll three times. Sarah Palin has also won the poll three times, but not since March.

Herman Cain finally stopped his slide, gaining slightly this month. Michele Bachmann lost support for the 2nd straight month. After peaking at 13.6% she has lost over half of her support, coming in at 6% this month. She had the biggest slide this month at 4.4 points. Rick Perry had the biggest gain with 3.3 points. After bottoming out at 1.4% in July, Newt Gingrich has modestly increased his support for two straight months. He still hasn't completely recovered from early campaign mishaps, nor has he seen the level of support he received back in March when he took 11.75% of the vote.

For the most part however, there were no radical shifts in support this month. This could be an indication that supporters are getting more comfortable with their particular candidate. As we get closer to the primaries it will be very interesting to see if support shifts or if one candidate starts to consolidate the vote.

Thaddeus McCotter dropped out of the race and was subsequently removed from the poll.

For a complete archive of Straw Poll Results check out our Facebook Page. In the column underneath the picture on the left are results from January through September.

Click the Facebook image and become a fan today!

The Townhall.com Presidential Straw Poll
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al's Other Sister... So, you are specifically asking for a ban on Ron Paul support posts, but anti-Ron Paul posts are OK? If you really don't want discussions of this nature on the website, why do you continue to reply? Maybe you are under the impression that people only want to hear what you have to say. My suggestion is that you stop clicking on the forums that don't interest you.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: last comments to the sisters Reply with quote

Sisters: you never address any of my questions. Perhaps you do not read entire posts. Try it sometime. You actually might be able to rationally discuss your differences with others.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I accidentally dropped off the grid somewhere near the OK and Arkansas border for a few days.

Al's Sister wrote:
You have a man crush on Ron Paul and are the lead slinger..
Laughing Laughing

And that list...WOW. John fits into every single one of those items.
John - did they give out handbooks at a Ron Paul rally so you all use the same tactics?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Guy is wrong....
It is my sister who is posting that and at this point in time it is 40% in RP's favor.
I am going to find something else to do, as was suggested.
Don't talk about me after I leave now, that would be very rude...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: