Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

It's your decision as to how you view this website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoverusa
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: It's your decision as to how you view this website Reply with quote

hey all,

I don't post often and that won't change any time soon
yet I lurk and watch almost all topics here
and for now you'll get my .02

I learned a long time ago
that if there is a topic here that doesn't matter to me,
I SIMPLY don't click on it

now if u get your undies up into a bunch that is uncomfortable
for u over any topic here,
I'd suggest that u DON'T CLICK ON IT!

All websites here or anywhere else are to be for open discussion
and while I'm not going to back anyones views ( except my own hovercraft views! )

I am going to back Everyones right to say so HERE
AND every where else on a public site!!

I really do also like the idea that if you would like another topic
to start/view
please get it started here or on fb

Please, quit worrying about what *** said what, or that &&*( or !@#$) said

what I'd like you to enjoy is the fact that you can openly discuss any and all ideas here
(Thanks Rob!)

my .02
Mike
ps, smile all, this too will pass
rab49735
$$$$ Repeat Donor $$$$
$$$$ Repeat Donor $$$$

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes a whole lot of sence to me.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I totally get it Hover... The site has been takin over by a few that use the site for thier political discussion.. Seriously.. Free speech and all that is just fine and totally acceptable to me but like I said in the Ron Paul post.. It will be another year before elections and I find it sad that that is all we will read about on this site For and About Bois Blanc Island..

John is a well rounded, educated man with many passionate areas of expertise.. He could be discussing Kayakalakeaday or his beautiful home or git back to how the cedar trees are fairing on our beautiful isle.. He spends a whole hell of a lot more time on the Rock than I do.. Last election and now this election and it's pages of discussion of Ron Paul.. Seriously? John is here every day and more people would be following his discussions if he had something else to say.. Right Guy is here a lot... Does he tell us about the deer population or or the great sunset we missed? Do we even know he goes to the Island? Seriously??

We who can't be on the Island as much want to live vicariously thru what the few who get there more can offer us in news and pictures.. Do we really want to come to this site and see that the only thing new is the sameosameo on Ron Paul? Seriously.. I'm just saying.. Seriously?

People leave beautiful pictures and I wish I could spend more time here to comment on them all.. I'm on dialup and time is limited as well.. John could mix it up since he is here all the time.. He could help bring people back to the site rather than drive them away.. He is probably a paying member of this site.. He does hold some responsibility.. Seriously.
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoverusa, very well said.

Everyone has the freedom to to discuss their views, without anyone ganging up on that person, whomever it may be. I call that bullying.

I myself think it is very interesting to learn from others. Not just have my own views on whatever. And yes, it is nice to hear about the Island but there are people there too that have an interest in the real outside world as well.

Good Day!
islandnana
Gold Coast Guest
Gold Coast Guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Susie... I agree with you. I stated this fact years ago and got cut down for it. I thought this website was mainly for things about the island. I don't even read all those political issues...too long and I don't understand it anyway.
clearview
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name is on each topic, if you don't like the name, skip it. Use your time instead writing comments on a topic you enjoy. If there aren't any topics you like, start your own, do not attack people who enjoy political discussions.

Having a vote to shut someone up or some idea down is nothing but censorship. This is a public site, is it not?

Everyone is an adult, capable of speaking their mind on the topics they choose. If you do not like the topic go to the many others on this site.

Simple !!!!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you all believe in a majority vote, that is what I'm attempting..
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: very well said Reply with quote

Squeaky, very well said !!! ..you have my vote !!
cdw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about the Mormon monarchy on Beaver Island. Perhaps invite Ron Paul to be the king of Bois Blanc?
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, agree with Susie. The BBI site has been hijacked. No one visits any more (including me) because there is little BBI content of interest.

I don't need to come here for political drivel. I can read about Ron Paul (and any other politician) until I puke, all day-every day on Facebook, CNN and 4320056 other websites. And if inclined, get involved in forums with others of similar interest.

Likewise, the BBI group-section on Fbook has become what this site once was. 600 members, interesting pictures and posts about the island and activities. Using FB, it is possible to combine all interests in one location.

I am not about to "censor" anything on this site. It is unfortunate this site has lost its focus and momentum.

It is possible, on this site, to initiate a closed discussion group.
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

Time, it's a valuable thing. I already visit five sites each morning. Do you think I should be on Facebook? I'm asking for advice.
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face book can be what ever you want it to be. A total waste of time or a resource. I follow several websites, many of them post updates and headlines on FB... National Weather Service, CNN, Mlive, and whatever else you are into. It all there.

I like having things consolidated
punystream
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rab49735 wrote:
Makes a whole lot of sence to me.

and for me too. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: