Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

FISHING INFO....PLease HELP !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsch9185
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: FISHING INFO....PLease HELP !! Reply with quote

Thanks Uncle Steve, for your input on the island. I could still use some info about fishing the lakes, with my Scouts.
Can anyone help me ?

BOB
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the twins are good. My brother had us in a row boat out there. Susie and I and Jeff. Sweety too. That's Jeff's dog. I know we caught something, just can't remember. I think the twins are really good.
Anybody with info on how to get there, best place to put your canoe in, and what's there to catch?

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like fishing Twin Lake too. There are always perch and crapies around the lilly beds. Sometimes bullheads too. I have caught some good sized pike in there but we were using a small motor on a row boat for trolling.

As for where to put in, I can't say where the public access would be since we launch from some family land. I think there may be a spot near the straight (narrows) between the two lakes. I would think Hawks Landing could tell you for sure.

Good luck and have fun, I know the boys will love it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
pbandj
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Fishing spots Reply with quote

Last summer my wife & I who are city slickers took our 11 & 6 y/o grand children fishing on the Twin Lakes & on Thompson Lake. Our first night we fished off the pier on Lake Mary & caught a few fish with worms and had a blast. We put our 14 foot aluminum boat in at Twin Lakes the next day and fished the narrows between the two lakes and caught a bunch and had a blast. They looked like Perch, Sunfish, & small mouth. The boat launch is narrow and was a challenge for me to back in. The lake is shallow and I could see some propeller nicks from scraping the bottom. The third fishing day was on Thompson lake. We fished for a couple hours near the island and didn't catch anything. On our way out to the boat launch 40 feet from shore we threw our lines in and caught half a dozen. The boys had a lot of fun. The lakes are beautiful and feel remote because there are almost no houses. A couple loons were making noise and it was a lot of fun for the boys. We had a motor on our boat; looks like a long row. The "Google" map is fairly accurate. N. Shore Drive to Tower Road to right on Thompson lane for Thompson lake. After that it's first road on your left for the Twin lakes. Good luck fishing.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water is up, thats a good thing

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: