Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul...Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a story on TV last night. Don't know the name of it, caught it as I was flicking. It was on if there was actually still gold in Fort Knox. The main guy on the show referenced emailing Mr Paul. Can you give us more info on this, as it seemed very interesting to me and my husband.
BTW...I fell asleep and did not see if they actually found out if there was gold there. Elizabethtown, Kentucky is very close to where I live. How the crow flies, anyways. lol

Bob-Lo Island~Where The Wild Things Are...
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Gold Standard Reply with quote

Ron Paul wants our monetary system to return to the gold standard. Ron Paul has written and spoke on this concept forever. Many believe it is no longer possible to have a gold backed dollar. Is the gold in Fort Knox or anywhere else in the USA? I have no clue and I do not know if RP knows either.

Read RP's "End the Fed".
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he made a statement to that effect. but I thought maybe he had more thoughts to that issue.

John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: fed Reply with quote

RP makes a point that since the fed. reserve was instituted, our dollar has lost 95% of its original gold backed worth. 1913 was when the fed was established by the bankers...and its been downhill ever since. Here we are...how many trillions in debt...USA prosperity on a huge decline...several Federal Reserve points are near the bottom...numbers 1,2,3,4...Here is a link to some thinking material about where we, the USA, is right now:

http://lewrockwell.com/rep2/100-stats-collapsing-economy.html

Right Guy, troy, and Steve should read this.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add this to the list.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/587431/201110071819/Shocking-Costs-Of-Environmentalism.htm
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...very interesting

John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: add on Reply with quote

That link has nothing to do with the other list.

Did you think that there would be no rate hike even without 'environmental' upgrades? LOL The fossil fuel industry will stick it to us for every nickle they can get.
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered about that John.

Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
In my business I am around these utility guys all the time. They are regular people just like us. They are not the enemy. Your enemy list must be 2 miles long and they are all Americans. Will I see your picture at the "millionaires march"?
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: RP's position Reply with quote

Here is RP's position, right from the horses mouth, concerning governmental assassinations:

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul773.html
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Bloomberg Readers Poll results Reply with quote

This is very interesting:

Ron Paul wins Bloomberg readers poll as best candidate on the economy

October 12, 2011

On October 12th, the Republican presidential hopefuls met at Dartmouth University for a debate on economic issues which was sponsored by Bloomberg. Several questions that included the taxation, job creation, housing, and welfare benefits were asked of the candidates, and in a readers poll conducted after the debates were finished, Congressman Ron Paul was voted the candidate who understands the economy best by a landslide.

Below are the results of the poll:

Ron Paul - 2843 votes

Herman Cain - 342 votes

Mitt Romney - 151 votes

All other candidates received negligible votes.

During the debate, two very telling issues stood out amongst the candidates, and the moderators. First, Ron Paul was once again relegated as a back of the bus candidate as the Bloomberg moderator saw fit to only ask the Congressman two questions, while everyone else received substantially more oppportunities to provide their plans and opinions. Secondly, candidate Herman Cain scored very well with his 9-9-9 taxation plan, as it was mentioned and addressed over and over by other candidates, and the moderators throughout the evening.
Advertisement

For Congressman Paul to be voted by Bloomberg readers as the best candidate regarding economic issues, even when he was allowed limited opportunities to speak at last nights debate, speaks highly to those in the business world who understand Paul's knowledge and abilities on finance and economics long before last nights debate. It appears that even with the other Republican candidates having ample time to provide their plans and knowledge, their opinions did not come close to unseating Ron Paul's popularity in the world of finance.

If anything, the debate last night by Bloomberg overwhelmingly separated two candidates from the rest in regards to the economy. Ron Paul and Herman Cain have the most knowledge, experiences, and the best understanding of how finance works, and judging by the results of the readers poll after the debates, Congressman Ron Paul is the people's choice to best pull American out of our economic crisis.

Credits:
Courtesy of dailycaller.com
Slideshow: Ron Paul wins Bloomberg readers poll as best candidate on the economy
Bloomberg Readers Poll on the economy.
Slideshow: Ron Paul wins Bloomberg readers poll as best candidate on the economy

John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Enemy Reply with quote

Right Guy, WTF are you talking about? Who called anyone the "enemy"?

Right Guy, quit putting words in my mouth...quit reading things into my statements. It shows a bias on your part, big time.

Just as the military grunts are not the enemy, workers for utilities are not the enemy. The "enemy", as you like to say, are those that prosper from governmental favors at the expense of middle class Americans... I have made this statement many times about our soldiers: They are little more than disposable commodities utilizing the latest war toys, while corporate fat cats lounge with the enemy fat cats planning their next war...does Iran sanctions give you a hint???

The enemy is government and the corporate entities that get their palms greased with our tax money compliments of the congressional tax breaks or subsidies.

I have no enemy list. I think the enemy in this country are the sheeple that do not have a clue. NOTE: I DID NOT CALL YOU A SHEEPLE!

WTF is the millionaires march???
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I understand your preoccupation with polls showing Ronnie winning this and that, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is who wins the primary. At this point I really don't care which candidate it is. I personally hope it's Herman Cain. So therefore I will vote for Cain in the primary. If it ends up being Romney, Perry or even Ron Paul or Mickey Mouse, I will vote for them in the general. From what I gather from your posts, if it's not Ron Paul you will vote for Obama again. I don't get it, but whatever.... It's hard for me to take anything you say seriously knowing you voted for Obama and what he represented. The contrast between Obama and Paul is not arguable. Gigantic government vs no government.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Bloomber Reader's Poll Reply with quote

Isn't it funny that a poll matters to a MSM candidate but not for a people's candidate? The Bloomberg Reader's Poll represents the brightest business minds on the earth. Please look at this link. It was an education for me.

http://www.bloomberg.com/company/

If Cain is such a great business person, why wouldn't he win the Bloomberg Reader's poll??? This is an extensive, multi-national service. A huge chunk of our business society gives this source unquestioned loyalty.

For some people, this would tend to make them say, "Yeah. Why did such business brainiacs vote for Ron Paul??"

Let's see...the brightest minds, one of the largest, international business information sources on earth, business experience, etc.... maybe this guy RP knows business better than the other candidates....mmmmmmmm."

How old are you Right Guy? I have answered all your questions in earlier posts...plural... I'm trying to keep my repeating to a minimum.

You associate big government with Obama. I associate it with the past four administrations... You are still listening to party favorites...which are big government devotees. I'm listening to an honest, humble, father, grandfather, husband to one wife, doctor...that has delivered over 4000 babies...author of more books about liberty than any other person I have heard of...

Ron Paul changed me. It took a republican to make me see the idiocy of BOTH parties. My vote for Obama was as big a waste as the previous three presidential votes.

Oh, and I said I will not vote in this election for either party chosen candidate. Unless it is Ron Paul.

I kinda hope RP remains third or second and then runs as an independent. Never has a third party candidate got this much attention...Ross Perot maybe...but not a peoples funded candidate like Ron Paul.

By the way, remember when I said Perry was the flavor of the month? Looks like Cain is just the most recent flavor. His 9-9-9 plan is hitting the fan. That plan begins with, "bend over and grab your ankles." Sorry, look more closely at what his "tax" plan will do.

There's a discussion.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is interesting, the lack of interest by members during this time. I guess if you can't beat up on Bush there is nothing to say. The Obama love seems to be missing as well.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax, I'm not banking on this poll either. But, it is interesting to see that Cain's ideas are getting traction by the people, not the other candidates or media. The Tea Party is here to stay, because it is an ideology, not a conglomeration of misguided whiners and malcontents.
Have you seen the coverage of the Wall Street Whiners? Great group of people.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/12/cain-vaults-to-lead-in-poll/
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - how does being a father, grandfather, husband to one wife, doctor...that has delivered over 4000 babies.. qualify someone to be president? Hell, I am going to ask my wife's geno to run then. He has delivered more babies then RP, does that make him more qualified to run the US?

What does delvering babies have to do with anything? And why do RP supporters always regurgitate that same statement?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy John, I think a vote for an independent 3 rd party , would in-fact be a vote for Obama, RP is smarter than that, he doesn't want 4 more years of the O.., But I could be wrong.. IMHO

Uncle Steve
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
If you haven't seen this, I thought you would enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBFHAJG9O3Q
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Troy Reply with quote

To Troy: Everything.

Understands Health care. Is that an important attribute?

A human being that understands people.

A human being with a real career...one that took brains.

Brought up like a regular human being. Not a child of privilege.

Honest.

Follows no party line but his own.

And he wants to bomb no one.

Yeah, you're right. He isn't qualified.

Good reading here: Romney-Obama compete for same Wall street/banks contributors:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/us/romney-perry-and-cain-open-wide-financial-lead-over-field.html?pagewanted=2&utm_campaign=cheatsheet_morning&%2359;cheatsheet_morning&%2359;email&utm_medium=email&_r=2&cid=newsletter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=Cheat%20Sheet
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: You Tube Reply with quote

To Right Guy:

Never heard it. I have listened to Amiee Allens 2008 RP theme song. It should be on You Tube. I thought it was pretty "hip"

I know Troy, what does a good youtube video have to do with being qualified for president???

Wall Street Whiners: 99%. I'm one of 'em.

Whiners and protesters are two different things.
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to like Ron Paul more every day. He's got the spending side covered. Add this up with the 9-9-9 revenue plan and we have a plan. Hope and Change! Baby!!!! Doesn't get much more simple than that.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66114.html#ixzz1b2aMmbbo

Oh wait! Plan B: 99% of us can go beat up the 1% and take their money. Now that's real simple.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: 99% Reply with quote

Ck this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-2Zs0-N1dA

To Right Guy: Read your link. It is based on the live announcement above.

I think, this OWS is a gut reaction to the job loss in our country.

Many define it differently. You say it is the 99% that want to beat up on the 1% and take their money. And I agree that this definition is absolutely unjust.

I think Ron Paul would agree with you. The problem is that GOVERNMENT has enabled certain entities with tax breaks and corporate welfare (subsidies) that is in essence mine and your money given to the richest people on earth.

The problem is the Federal Reserve and the obnoxious spending in DC.

BTW, the 9-9-9 plan is being blasted out of the water by many economist. Ron Paul explains why that plan is bad, bad, bad. Think of it, the poorest Americans would pay 9% national sales tax in addition to their state sales tax (MI's 6%), for a grand total of 15% on every item they buy.

I think you support the Tea Party to an extent, I may be wrong on that assumption, but why would any Tea Party supporter back Cain who endorsed TARP, Bank Bailouts, and other giant bailouts compliments of the Federal Reserve? He has said that the Federal Reserve "has no secrets". LOL. Cain was the head of a state Fed. Resv. C'mon. This guy is in the "club" of big government, period.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Listen, please Reply with quote

Listen to this people's candidate. Short. All responses in one clip from Nevada debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTBNMMyAa8
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I am starting to like him more and more.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/23/paul-calls-for-end-to-federal-student-loan-program/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: