Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Ron Paul...Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Student Loans Reply with quote

Wow. Did not know the specifics about the federal student loan debacle. Once again, this is an example of the federal government's management skills...
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Troy Reply with quote

Troy: Perhaps this is part of an answer about why RP is qualified to be Pres.

His appetite to expand his personal knowledge about economics, liberty, and the constitution really impress me as qualities that all candidates should have.

Ck this out:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/10/ron-paul-on-krnv/
mikewhite
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered what LewRockwell.com is so I went to Wikipedia:

LewRockwell.com
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LewRockwell.com (LRC) is a 501(c)(4) libertarian web magazine[1] operated by Burton Blumert (publisher, died on March 30, 2009), Lew Rockwell (editor-in-chief),[2] Eric Garris (webmaster), and others associated with the Center for Libertarian Studies (CLS); its motto is "anti-state, anti-war, pro-market".[3] Rockwell has commented that off-point association with paleoconservatism has been an unfortunate association of the term "paleolibertarian".[4] Andrew Napolitano in his book Lies the Government Told You has described LewRockwell.com as "the best monitor of government excess in America today,"[5] and Congressman Ron Paul has written that he "especially value[s]" the site.[6]

Closely associated with the Ludwig von Mises Institute, the site is known for advocating Austrian school economics [Ron Paul has written six books on this subject]and hard money policy, and opposition to war and imperialism. For instance, a Blumert article referred to criticisms of gold investors as "scurrilous" marginalization.[3] Its writers also sometimes express positions on topics such as the global warming controversy. Polemics have been directed against police abuse of civil liberties.[7] Occasional articles criticize Abraham Lincoln,[8] usually in context of the libertarian doctrine of the right of secession and the tendency for government powers to be increased during wartime.[9] The website has sometimes provided a forum for fringe and heterodox science; the site has published critics of the 2009 swine flu vaccination and advocates of AIDS denialism.[10] However, the columns are deliberately idiosyncratic and therefore disclaimed as not necessarily representing Rockwell.[2]

In 2007, LRC published numerous articles endorsing Ron Paul's 2008 presidential campaign,[11] and, as such, it registered as a 501(c)(4) entity as of June 30, 2007, in order to legally separate it from the nonprofit Center for Libertarian Studies,[12] at which time it moved from Burlingame, California to Auburn, Alabama.

As of July 21, 2008, LRC provides a podcast called the Lew Rockwell Show on weekdays, often with interviews with economists affiliated with the Mises Institute.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its motto is "anti-state, anti-war, pro-market"

That's why I like it.
NJean
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interesting fact regarding Ron Paul is his campaign donors. Unlike the other Republican corporate cronies his top three donors are (people not corporations):

1. Air Force
2. Army
3. Navy

And all you hear is that he doesn't support the troops. Obviously our troops think otherwise.

He doesn't take corporate donations.

It appears that many of his backers are college students, especially after hearing him speak regarding how the Federal Reserve works (or doesn't).

There are also only three that support our 2nd amendment rights. Paul, Cain and Bachman. Cain has no experience and has big ties with the evil Koch Brothers and the phony Americans for Prosperity group. Bachman is just plain dingy. I did, however agree with her on the HPV vaccine. Fortunately many doctors do not support that one either. Many doctor are waking up to the vaccine lies. They are not pushing them like they used to. Last year I know of two doctors that were telling their patients not to get the H1N1 vaccine as we do not know if it is safe. We don't know what's in it. These doctors are in their late 50's early 60's.

As far as Romney and Perry they are both about as mature as kindergardeners. They are both clueless.

With the lousy Republican candidates we have to choose from right now, I think the GOP is trying to reelect Obama all by themselves.

As far as honesty, integrity and experience, I see no other choice but to vote for Ron Paul. The rest of them are all corporate cronies until I see them step up to the plate and accept no corporate funding.

Can we afford to vote for little to no experience again?
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly..."Can we afford to vote for little to no experience again"?

Rick Perry has the expeince of running the state of Texas which is pretty much like running a small country. He is the only candidate with this type of experience.

What do the other candidates have experience with? I'm not talking about deliverying babies, being a father, or writing books here.

All the good presidents gained their experience by serving as a govenor first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Romney was a Gov...

Uncle Steve
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Gov to Pres Reply with quote

To Troy:

George Bush was the Governor of Texas and look what all that experience got us!! I am laughing out loud.

Romney just announced his foreign policy gurus...retreads of the Bush administration. Pro-war, etc. Same ol', same ol'.

We need someone that has brains. Perry and Bush are two texas peas of the same pod. No thanks, Troy. Keep the "experience" and give me a real person...not some corporate/wall street/bank crony.

Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and then expecting a different outcome.

To NJean:

Ron Paul loves our soldiers. He would cut nothing from our veterans benefits. He wants them home with their families and not fighting some war that rewards the richest people on earth.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Perry Reply with quote

Troy, you are so right about Perry and all of his experience. Here is an article about his "experience" of selling out to the highest bidder.

I know you won't read this, but, heck, it is just too good to not share. Read it and weep.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/rick-perry-the-best-little-whore-in-texas-20111026?print=true
NJean
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEE-The voters are waking up. Check out the polls:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/29/ron-paul-wins-both-tallies-at-gop-pres-straw-poll-in-iowa/

I've been a Ron Paul fan since the last election. The reasons are simple. The GOP, does not want him. He isn't a corporate crony. Our troops back him. He does, however, have corporations backing him. Recently in the news, Overstock.com's CEO is for him.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: RP Reply with quote

RP has donors from financial institutions, etc. I looked them up. But the amounts are miniscule compared to Obama, Romney, Perry, etc.

His top three donors are individuals from the US Army, Navy, and Air Force. They like a candidate that honors his oath to the constitution.

And think of that for a moment. Many Americans spout about "Supporting our troops." Well, if our troops want Ron Paul, shouldn't all the "Support our Troops" folks support Ron Paul??

Yes, RP threatens the wall streeters, the corporate scammers, government paid slackers, etc.

I just read how JFK wanted to audit the Fed, close it, etc. And we all know what happened to him. I worry about that.
NJean
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEE: It's funny you bring up JFK as I had the exact same thought. How do you protect the President from an inside job?
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
JEE - I actually threw in that last part about being a govenor because I knew you would enjoy it. I wasn't being serious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Serious Reply with quote

Some people liked Bush...no matter what country he attacked or what person he tortured or what intrusion into our privacy or what bailout he handed out.
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy This is NOT a pitch for any person, just thought it was something SOME folks might like..

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=qtjfMjjce2Y

Uncle Steve
Rich
Bois & Grills Club
Bois & Grills Club

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the chance, watch the mini series John Adams. It is a great reminder of how and why our nation was formed, you will be moved.

Great clip by the way
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
This is interesting as well.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/2011/10/public-school-teachers-make-more-private-sector-workers
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Yep, interesting Reply with quote

I chose teaching as a career because I liked the June, July, August vacation concept. Not to mention the spring break, Thanksgiving, and Xmas recess. These may be bad reasons to become a teacher but with every career, every person cks out the vacation time.

The compensation for teachers was good. That's why I went into it. Was it right? F, I don't know.

What I can tell anyone that has not been a tchr is this, you do not have a sniff about the stress involved. I was good at handling kids and the stress. I am not whining. Heck, I'm retired. I put in 28.7 yrs and bought 1.3 yrs to get to 30.

Should tchrs get more $ than other state workers? Let me try other jobs and see if the stress and responsibility is the same. NOT.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Perry Reply with quote

Troy: How do you like Perry today...11-10-2011? He tried to mimick Ron Paul by bragging he would cut 3 fed depts...only he could not remember the third one. What a laugh.

Ron Paul is 74 and has as part of his platform the cutting of 5 depts...and he never forgets what they are since he didn't make that an issue...5 minutes ago like Perry. Perry is pathetic, sad, and stupid, I think.

Read about Cain's tenure with Aquila Energy. Total scandal that defrauded investors of major bucks. Read it here:

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/05/herman-cain-aquila-lawsuit-2012
Right Guy
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEJoHn7wQa8

Time to choose.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: time Reply with quote

Good video.
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he looked pretty bad the other day, but everyone has those moments (his just happened to be on national TV).

There you go again though. RP Supporters continuely bash other candidates because there is nothing to talk about in support of their candidate. Oh, except for the fact he is a good husband and delivers babies.

I think you are pathetic, sad, and stupid, but I still like you John. Very Happy
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Bashing Reply with quote

I bashed Perry when I pointed out his intrusion into the private lives of American citizens with his MANDATORY vaccinations, his stealing of private property using eminent domain for his TTC, and I bashed him for his selling favors to the big donors.

Pointing out his idiocy in the debate isn't bashing, that is called casual observation of an entertaining humorous comedian trying to be a legitimate candidate.

Did you ck out Cains Aquila Energy fraud?? Business man....bahh.

And also, did you know that CNBC and CBS both pulled their debate polls down because Ron Paul was slaughtering the other wannaabees?? Talk about censorship!! Just because the MSM candidates are getting NO VOTES, they refuse to post their polls because Ron Paul was winning by a landslide.

Oh, by the way Troy, Ron Paul is on the foreign relations committee, he heads the committee on monetary policy, and he is a history guru. Does that help qualify him?
NJean
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Paul is now considered a front runner. RON PAUL 2012!!

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/314527
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Ron Paul Reply with quote

Finally!!! I do not think his support can be hidden or taken for granted anymore.

What does the AG business think of Ron Paul. CK this support out:

http://agwired.com/2011/11/16/ron-paul-top-of-latest-zimmpoll/comment-page-1/#comment-70738
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: