Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

I am new and seeking information about the Island.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joann
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: I am new and seeking information about the Island. Reply with quote

Hi! I am new to the group. I would like information about the island. What to see and do...where to eat, where to stay....are there cars allowed? Anything and everything!!! Thanks. Joann Very Happy
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joann and welcome! The site offers a few links that will answer a lot of your questions.. Check some of the back posts for more info.. Feel free to ask questions and let us know what you know about the Island and your interests.. We may be able to help.. Enjoy! Susie
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there are cars allowed. There are only a couple places to eat, well only one that I know of that is open for sure, Hawks Landing. It is by the ferry dock and is also the general store with many other services. There are rental properties and I think a couple motel units. Like Susie said there are links on the home page to get info on the ferry service, store and if you go to the real estate link you can find links to an island tour and rental properties.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
autumn
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE ISLAND IS WONDERFUL IF YOU ARE ONE WHO DOES NOT NEED TO BE "ENTERTAINED" IF YOU ARE YOU PROBABLE WON'T LIKE IT. WE LOVE IT BUT WE HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THINGS TO DO.
Joann
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks to all that replied to my post. Reply with quote

Thanks to all that have replied. My girlfriend and I are always looking for ways to get away from the stress of kids and husbands. Peace and quiet is what we need. We made a trip to Beaver Island in June and loved it but wished we could have stayed longer. All of my life I have wanted to visit all of Michigan's Islands. I was born and raised and am raising my own children here in Midland. (Middle of the mitten). I love Michigan. I have seen Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin and I still think that MI has the most to offer to anyone!

It is a beautiful state my husband and I pick a city and play tourists every October and see what each area has to offer. For our 25th anniversary last year we toured the entire U.P. It was nice but I still think Northern Lower is the prettiest of the state that I have seen so far! I also get to explore MI because I judge poultry at many of the county fairs. I love your site and I have looked at past posts and printed off some info for future information. I am a compulsive organizer. I have to know everything before I go so I can enjoy it when I get there.

I was telling my girlfriend about your island and she wants to visit, so if we can break away (twice in the same year???!!!!) then I'll let you know. Other wise you can look for us next September. I was happy to see the note about the black flies. Mosquito's I deal with but I don't see black flies anymore very often. But I'm sure they would bring back memories of those summers spent camping with the family every year of my childhood!

I will keep checking in and let you all know when we are coming so I can get any last minute advice. I sure look forward to seeing your Island.

Thanks again. Joann
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: