Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Insel Haus, Bed and Breakfast/Retreat Center

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island & Island Related Businesses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelby
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Insel Haus, Bed and Breakfast/Retreat Center Reply with quote

Visitors to Insel Haus have arrived by ferry, plane and helicopter.
Consider this island retreat for reunions, meetings, religious groups, corporate retreats,seminars, workshops. Insel Haus can accommodate twenty guests. The week of July 24 - 30, Galina Alexandrovna Khmeleva, a clothing designer and surface design artist from St. Petersburg, Russia,
teaches Orenburg Russian lace knitting.

Visit our web site: www.inselhausbandb.com Better yet, visit Insel Haus. We are one mile east of the dock.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the link, Shelby.. I've always wondered what that placed looked like inside.. Awesome! I may want to use your B&B someday.. Good luck to you. Susie
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: went to the Link too Reply with quote

This bed and breckfast is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a hint of something that makes me think that this was my Uncle Feds home at one time .. with many many improvements ..

humm....

Maybe just a new place ..one of many that I have not seen on Bois Blanc Island ..
I will be there this summer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: I knew !! Reply with quote

Very Happy I knew it was Uncles Freds place !!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boisblancgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where this place is!!!! It's right down the road from me!! It's beautiful Krista and Shelby! As far back as I can remember it was owned by Dave Begle, then Pete Fisher. My mom knows who owned it before Dave Begle did, but I can't remember their names. However, it looks nothing like it did when I was a kid growing up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: uncle freds home Reply with quote

Bois Blanc Island girl ....

Many moons ago my Uncle Fred owned this place .. He was my Grandpa Calkins brother ...

All the years I spent on the Island when I looked at this home .. I thought of Uncle Fred ...
Mom will be coming on down from her home in alaska .. I will ask more about it .. I remember some neat stories .....
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't visited Shelby and Christa yet, I just wanted to let you know you are in for a treat. I could write pages about it, but suffice to say Insel Haus is a wondrous place. You would be hard-pressed to find a nicer B & B anywhere in the country and, thanks to their hard work, we have it right here on Bois Blanc.

Thank you, Shelby, for a spectacular time. I enjoyed our conversations, the house itself and the fact that such a place exists on my favorite spot in the world.

Dan and Sam Reynolds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Island & Island Related Businesses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: