Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New Album, Guidelines, and Thanks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Bois Blanc Island Site/Forum News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: New Album, Guidelines, and Thanks Reply with quote

The next photo contests will be officially started as soon as I come up with a new topic for our non Island related contest.. The Seasonal Album is all ready for your Fall pics that are Island related.. Very Happy Thank you everyone for your participation! We enjoy all the pictures....

To help the newbies and to keep the guidelines straight for the photo contests I created a new album for the winners pics and outlined the guidelines in the album description. Go to the Albums link at the top of the page and the winner's album is the bottom one.. Please check out the guidelines so you know where to refer to. Cool We have also done away with the rate option in the albums to avoid confusion in the future.. If your pic was a winner in the past, please remind me so I can put it in the winners album.

All of the pics from the contests have been moved to the Bob-Lo album.. Feel free to start your own personal album.. Smile

Suggestions for the non Island related contest are welcome.. I thought some additional Fall pics from our personal neck of the woods would be cool.. Let me know what you think? Smile
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking for suggestions for future contests.. In the meantime we are going with Your Neck of the Woods.. Fall pictures of your area... Let's see what is special about your Autumn area and festivities.. Looking forward it. Very Happy

We will decide on winners for both contests by November 17th..
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My picture was a winner, just this past contest and now it is gone. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to get quicker I guess! Troy, your missing picture has been found and has found it's rightful place in the Winner's Album! Yeah! Very Happy
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susie...I can't remember what pics I had on the front page...do you remember?
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I uploaded Foggy North Shore, but there was another...... Rolling Eyes
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My memory is on vacation, I guess. I can't remember mine either... Sad
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved most of the previous winner today. I still gotta find leebirds winter sunrise in the pines picture.
LavenderLynn
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Was my pic a winner?? Reply with quote

Hey Rob,

I noticed my picture that was on the front page is not in the winner's album. I don't remember if it was there because of winning a contest, or if you just liked it?? Question Well anyway, it's still in one of the albums. Just wondering, thanks Very Happy
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Was my pic a winner?? Reply with quote

LavenderLynn wrote:
Hey Rob,

I noticed my picture that was on the front page is not in the winner's album. I don't remember if it was there because of winning a contest, or if you just liked it?? Question Well anyway, it's still in one of the albums. Just wondering, thanks Very Happy
If you refresh my memory (web address of the pic would be great), I'll be sure to move it into the winners album. I don't remember if it was a winner or if I just liked it. It was a winter shot wasn't it? Haven't seen you here in a while, good to see you! Hunting season is almost here, betcha can't wait. Very Happy
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob....
LavenderLynn
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks Rob :) Reply with quote

The picture I'm talking about is in the Boblo Sunsets & Sunrises Album.

Here's the link to it
:

http://www.bois-blanc.com/phpBB2/album_page.php?pic_id=49

And yes, we are getting excited about this year's gun deer hunting season. We're coming up to spend some time on the Island November 13-20. We'll be staying at McGeorge's cottage. Maybe we'll see some of you at Hawk's! Very Happy

Thanks again
Wink
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's moved, and I found leebird's winning photo in the sunset album too. Are there any other previous winning pictures that haven't been moved???
warren53
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Duman family Reply with quote

I'm looking for info on Louis and Jenny Duman. My mothers maiden name was betty Jane Duman, her fathers name was Loran William Duman (born 1900 on the island, joined USCG at walkers point in 1919), his parents were Louis and Jenny. Seen my first phote of Louis and Jenny in the feature "McRae- Kerr" article on this web site. Louis and Jenny moved to Port Huron in the 20's. I'm looking for their burial site as well as the location of their residence on the island. Census records mention Sand Bay. Any information would be gratefully appreciated

William B. Shannon Jr.
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: my cousin Reply with quote

My cousin mike White may know ..
I do not know how ofton he gets on here and reads the messages ..

He lives at Sand Bay ...

I will get ahold of his wife Lani and ask her if he comes on here ..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeff
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

william,

ron peterson might be able to help you with some of this history.

randmpete@earthlink.com
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture contest is a great idea. You never know when a great photo opportunity comes up. I certainly enjoy any outdoor picture any time of year.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still waiting for Fall Island pics for the contest... Only have maybe a week to post some ! I wish I had made it to the Island to get a pic or two. I know a few of you have been up.. Any pictures? Great pics showing up in the contest for your neck of the woods.. Very Happy
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some good pictures up in your area while in Mancelona. I had a quick trip up just long enough to soak my feet in the ice cold cedar river. The only problem is i have not broke down and bought a digital camera. Any good makes that i should look at?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Olympus nut.. I have a C-740 with ulta zoom which isn't a point and shoot and a bit more expensive.. From what I understand, the C-770, a newer version is highly recommended.. I read a lot about different cameras thru CNET.com and popphoto.com.. You will find a lot of info at these sites and online classes at CNET.. Hope you enjoy these sites..
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C740 on sale now @ Sam's for $230...Sorry, Susie, I bet you paid more!
I have sold several of these because of my experience or some call "envy" of Susie's zoom..... very nice but only a 3 megapixel....For more megapixel, I recommend the Kodak DX7590, 5 megapixel, 10X optical, and the Digital zoom is the new improved advanced digital zoom....very nice and on a tripod the digital zoom is very usable, saw some hand-held stuff and the quality held together just perfect, incredible! $455 @ Sam's! Very Happy Lisa
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready!! It pays to shop around... I know Sam's does quite well with their prices and is worth the look see.. I want to upgrade really but am not ready to pay the price.. Still think the 3.2 meg is sufficient at SHQ mode for most things.... Lisa, what is the meg of a 770.. Do you know? Here is the link for some camera reviews including the Kodak Lisa mentions..
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6501_7-5552791-1.html?tag=nl.e725
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great info. on digital cameras. No more 35 mm for me, onward to the digital age! I am a new to the site I did not know of the site until recently. I figured boblo was not high tech yet, but i think this is a great web site. I will surf the web sites and store shelves for that digital camera. Thanks again your expert opinions save me precious time. Laughing
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a rookie when it comes to cameras! I know where to start at at least 3 mega pixel. Right? Mr novice here does not want to be taken by a want to be expert store clerk. As for how to post pictures on the web i will not even ask right now. Time to come out of the woods for awhile huh? Danger novice crossing. regards kevin Confused ?
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin... Smile There are plenty of low cost 3 meg cameras to get your feet wet with. Go low end til you feel comfortable.. That's what I did. I mentioned an online (free) class you can do at CNET. It is real helpful and they also have a message board attached to the lessons for questions..

I can imagine all the questions you will have.. I can help you out some..

Have you been to the Island lately? What is your connection? We really enjoy the site and are glad you do too.. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Bois Blanc Island Site/Forum News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: