Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

New Land Owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hubenschmidt
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: New Land Owner Reply with quote

Hi, Well I just joined and am not well versed in computer technology. That said , I spent 3 times on the island during the summer and on the third I bought a piece of It. My question is, Can I put a travel trailer on the property. Who do i talk to about getting electricity? Is the water at the pump by the ferry drinkable? Is their a dump station for sewage? I guess i should of asked all these questions before, but its too late now hah! I have looked at alot of the websites, buti have not found where to go about permits and whatnot. This seems like a good place to start. tx
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

There are alot of restrictions on that Island now ....Hope you will not be too disappointed .......

You would need to call the Township Board .....

Sorry I do not have that number ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stephen & Lori Doughty
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! You will want to call the township hall @ 231-634-7275.

Cheryl should be able to tell you what you need.

Presque Isle Electric is the supplier for electricity, I don't have their phone number handy, I'm sure you could google it though.

Where is your property located?
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning placing a travel trailer on the property, my understanding is that you can do so, but that you cannot leave it on the property throughout the winter. In short, you can bring it up early in the spring, but have to take it off before winter.
Jo Myers
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John and Patricia, Welcome to BBI. We are recent BBI landowners as well. We bought the first piece sight unseen then traded up after visiting once. We are currentlly in the planning/hoping to build stage and the folks on this forum have been very helpful.

Don't know much about the island but I believe I read somewhere that there is not a dump station. Also, don't know about the pump at the dock but I've used the one in town at the gazebo. Our realtor told us that trailers had to be removed each year.

Enjoy your piece of the island.

Jo and Pete
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a dump station, but building or construction materials may be a different story.
Sissy
Syrup Seeker
Syrup Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Dump station Reply with quote

John-if your looking for a dump station for the trailer, No none available on the Island. And taking the trailer off at the end of the year isn't such a bad idea. It gets very cold and tons of snow so you can see why we take ours home each year also. Yup- Cheryl will give you all the info, you need. We don't have electric; we run on our generator the small little Honda, it's quite and doesn't use much gas. It's a start if you can't put in elec. right away.. Lots to learn-but it's great to do... Sissy
RSears75
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

Hello John! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: