Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

reply to replies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hubenschmidt
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: reply to replies Reply with quote

Hi, I just want to say thanks to everyone for their comments. I guess ill just have to get up there in the spring and start asking questions. The times i was up there i was too busy exploring. One thing i really loved was the inner lakes. I have two kayaks and when i got out ofve the car and felt the warmer, clear water and lack of city sounds my only thought was, which way should i go. Left or Right! I didnt have them with me then ,but i will next year. Whenever i see horizontal scratches from bumper to bumper on someone's vehicle i immediatly think ofve the island. And ofve the little trails i have yet to explore. tx Be back later, John
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Boating Reply with quote

John.
My wife and I (and kids) are all canoe/kayak lovers. We currently live in West Virginia, but are hoping to make the move to N. Michigan soon! We come up every summer and almost always have a couple of canoes and/or kayaks with us. My son and I have paddled Thompson and Twin Lakes .... just gorgous! We saw Loons and Bald Eagles and the fishing was great! We also paddled around Round Island. Great trip. We hope to do much more of the same and also do a Bois Blanc Circumnavigation. I'd like to get to know some of the other paddlers up there. Hopefully we can paddle together sometime. Dave

Everyone deserves a good paddling!
Squeaky
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy, You are leaving W. Virginia to live in Michigan Question Wow! W. V. is such a beautiful-gorgeous place.
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: a return Reply with quote

I've been living out of Michigan for 23 years. When I graduated with a degree in Science Education there just weren't many teaching jobs in the state. I've lived and taught in the city (Chicago), and country (WV)(past 15 years). I do love it here, the mountains and streams are wonderful... my wife and I were married next to a waterfall in the mountains. But, I love Michigan too! I have always been a water bear. I miss those big lakes, the sailing, and the cool Northern air! It is so humid and hot here in the summer! We plan to retire there, and after comparing salaries, (WV is #46), I figure it wouldn't hurt to finish my career up there!. Course I DO need to get a job first!!
I read that the teacher is retiring on Bois Blanc! Now there is a job I'd love to have! It'd be pure bliss to live and work on the Island!
Be the only mark over my grave
dave
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Dave...unfortunately Lani is retiring, if you are interested, better jump on it fast. I bet there are people in line for any steady job to keep them on the Island. She is my sister in law, so let me know, maybe I will put in a good word for you. Very Happy Lisa
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how old your children are, but if you have some in K-8, that would definately be a bonus. Lisa, doesn't Lani visit this site? Anyway, I don't think she is the one who would decide who her predecesor is. I am happy that she gets to retire, since she will be able to relax, but I know she loves to teach. She has her hands full though, with Granny. Kalyn is always so proud of the fact that her nana got to teach her (only for 1 month, but a cool experience) in the smallest school in the state.
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Teaching on the Island Reply with quote

Thanks! I can be in the car in 5 minutes! My 5 kids are all grown, but I could pick up a few on the way! (nieces, nephews, etc.!) Very Happy
I'm a science teacher, although I did have 5-8 multi-subjects on my old Mi certification..... but I'm trainable (and willing to get primary certification).
Thanks for all your help..... have I mentioned lately that I just love this site? Ya'll are so friendly and conversive! dave
dave
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lana, Just thought that Lani could give Dave some info or details on how to go about it if he was interested. She does not get on here as often with the frustration with her dial up.

Dave, I can email her if you want and give her your email addy?
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: You are too sweet! Reply with quote

I'm reading these posts and trying to decipher names! Let me see how I've done:
Lisa is Al's other Sister, Sister-in-law to Lani, who is retiring. Lana is Lisa's sister? Ok... who is Al? Question Very Happy
Pharmer Lana
Birch Baby
Birch Baby

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, Allen, Carl, Jeff, Brian, Susie, Peggy, and Lisa are all siblings. I am Mike's youngest daughter. Lani is my mom. Actually she's step, but she's been there all along, so just like a real mom to me. Did I get the order right?
Wish I could come to TC Lisa. I miss you guys, and my kids miss your kids.
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the information! Reply with quote

Wow, big family! My family (down by Saginaw) is quite large as well. My Father had 6 brothers and sisters. I have 4 sisters, and we have made 28 grandchildren! Maybe the water, but I think it's a competition between the Catholics and Lutherans trying to fill up the valley! Very Happy
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken they have a prospect already for the teaching position.. Wouldn't hurt to check it out though... Very Happy Glad to see the site picking up! Doesn't hurt to have a few talkative newbies join us! Very Happy Thanks for the spice Dave... Laughing By the way.. I'm Susie, Lisa's sister, Lana's Aunt. Laughing Laughing
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are ya keeping up Dave? If you see Al's Favorite Sister, that's Peggy, our sister....

Al is our brother, he is the PostMaster on the Island.
rudy
Island Idolizer
Island Idolizer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: hmmmmmm Reply with quote

well, being a visual learner, I NEED A FLOW CHART! (ok, deep breath, envision waterfalls, exhale) i'll get it! My wife felt the same way when she was introduced to My family! A bit overwhelming at first! hey though, a flow chart might be a good idea! it'd be interesting to see how all the Island people are connected! Bet it would be quite a spider web! Very Happy
dave
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Dave ..... ... "Spider Web" is the perfect word to describe how all of us Island people are connected .. A WEB it is !!

I am a cousin to Lisa .. Susie .. peggy .. and the rest of the White tribe ...

I do not live there any more .. but I carry a piece of the rock with me always !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: