Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

?Fishing Inland Lakes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: ?Fishing Inland Lakes? Reply with quote

So, do you fish the island inland lakes?
Which lake do you fish?
What about any of the streams?
What do you catch?
Ever catch a whopper?
What's good for bait?
Do you have a secret spot that you won't tell anyone about? Wink

Just thought I'd get a little conversation going.Mr. Green I haven't fished anywhere on the island yet, but hope to this summer. We're hosting a family reunion the week of the Fourth and I'm hoping to be able to take my brothers & brother-in-law out to catch some fish.
josh
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I've been up to bbi twice before, and had excellent fishing one trip and terrible the other. The trip I had good success was in mid to late june. I caught alot of big smallmouth bass in mary's lake all around the shorline that has the two docks. Even caught a nice walleye by the newer dock. I was catching most of them on a tube jig. Also caught a lot of rock bass in there. That same trip I did pretty good with the pike in thompson and twin. Nothing huge, but good numbers. In thompson there is a deep trough that runs along the island which seems to hold most of the pike. Spinnerbaits seemed to work best. There are also a lot perch there, smaller size, but a lot of them. To catch them try a small jig or teardrop tipped with a waxworm or minnow. On twin lake fish between the saddle of the two lakes and around the backside of the saddle. That is where most of the pike came from. Again spinnerbaits worked well as did crankbaits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: