Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

While we're on the topic of flying...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:22 am    Post subject: While we're on the topic of flying... Reply with quote

Last time we were on the island I was laying on the couch reading, when all of the sudden I heard a helicopter. I got up and went to the window to see a red and white helicopter hovering close to the beach facing my house. Shocked What's up with that? I went outside and watched as it meandered down the coastline; it would turn and go a little ways and then turn and face inland and hover then turn and go a little ways and then turn and face inland again, over and over and over. Anybody have any idea who it was or what they were doing? Confused
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Red with White? Reply with quote

Sounds like the coast guard....and maybe there were girls on your beach?
Just Joking! Wink
But it does sound like Coasties!
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I didn't think about the red & white combo. I suppose it could have been them. It was awfully small though, maybe a two seater. Do they have things that small? If there were girls on my beach, they'd have been wearing parkas 'cause it was in early November and it was snowing. brrrrr Laughing
Al'sOtherSister
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Brrr! Reply with quote

Very true...about the girls! LOL!
I am not sure up there, but I don't think they have any that small from Traverse City.
The hovering sounds weird, Maybe you mistook it for a helicopter and it was actually a UFO up close~LOL! #Beammeup-alien
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the Coast Guard.. They do have smaller ones to land on the ship.. Probably practicing manuvers.. Over in T.C. they practice touch downs at the airport.. They lift off, fly around, then do a touch down landing before lifting off and doing it again and again and again.
dale hoffman
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a Larry Farley. He's a pro photographer on the mainland. He owns a red and wight helo. You should have smiled or something 'cause you might end up on one of his calender things. I don't know any coasties flying any thing that isn't bright orange anymore. dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Idle Chit Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: