Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

A few island questions, looking to possibly buy some land

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigrho1374
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: A few island questions, looking to possibly buy some land Reply with quote

Hi All:

I have a few questions regarding BBI. Is hunting allowed on the island, such as duck hunting on the inland lakes and whitetail deer hunting? We're considering purchasing some land to build a small cabin on (we being my wife & our two small children). We currently live in Alpena and are starting to look into purchasing some hunting/vacation property.

Also, is there a good map of the island? I've looked at some of the realtor sites but don't have much of an idea of what is where on the island.

Last but not least, I know there is a ferry to Cheboygan. Is there any service that goes to Mackinac Island during the summer or do you have to go back to Cheboygan, then Mackinac City & over. I do have a small airplane (just flew over the other day, nice new runway!) but wonder about other means of getting around. Is the plan to have the runway open during the winter as well?

Thanks for all your help!

Phil Agius
white+begle
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your looking for some land, my dad, Mitch Begle could help you. He is a Real Estate One realtor. His number is (231) 597-8168 in Cheboygan or on Bois Blanc (231) 634-7388.

And yes you can hunt on Boblo.

And no there is no boat from Boblo to Mackinac.

And as far as I know, I'm pretty sure they are going to plow during the winter.

That's cool you have a plane, that would be easier to get over!

Thanks.
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Phil! Very Happy I think Cayla hit most of the high points.. That airport is open all year.. Sometimes the only way in and out in the winter.. Hope you enjoy exploring the Island and getting to know the lay of the land.. Link to Mapquest and see what they have to offer.. Hawk's Landing carries the realitor maps and they are pretty good. Most businesses are on the south side.. Most state land in the middle and north side.. Check all the links here at the site and you may find a lot of answers.. Feel free to ask too.. Looking forward to getting to know ya.. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: