Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Happy Groundhog Day !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Conservation Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joan
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Happy Groundhog Day !!! Reply with quote

Are you hoping for more winter or an early spring?? Our weather here has been pretty crazy ---yesterday it was 55 !! The tulips and daffodils are popping up already. I don't care if it is winter or spring, but not both at the same time!!!
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What winter?

I got out the snow-mower today. Plow the snow and mow the grass all in one pass. My fear is this same ??? weather pattern will continue until July: Warm winter, cold summer...

Not to be gross: seeing coons/possums x on the road. Not even hibernating. 50 degrees yesterday. Buds on the trees? End of Jan, first of Feb. supposed to be the depth of winter? Feels like April.

I say we all head for the beach.

C
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Happy Ground hog day!! Reply with quote

Cool Wow it looks like someone beat me to the post about ground hog day.....Way to go Joan.......Just remember you do not have to live in the great state of Pennsylvania to enjoy this wonderful day...I hope for a quick end to this wacky winter.....I look at it as one step closer to spring and a retreat to the island for some peace and solitude......Any other predictions???? Post your prognostications here....... Idea Regards, Kevin......
Joan
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Happy Groundhog Day Reply with quote

Actually the day is celebrated worldwide, and there are fan clubs that have parties and banquets from one end of the country to the other. Festivities in town start today and even though it is a week day there is a lot going on.

If you would like to see the "Phantastic Phil" statues that are around town check out http://www.punxsutawney.com/phils/.

Also Vaseline Intensive Care has a Phil promotion that was just published in yesterday's newspaper ----check out www.moistureobsessive.com

Did anyone order the new TY Beanie PHIL ---2006 ?

Have a fun day wherever you are!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Conservation Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: