Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Nice to be back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flyboy
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Nice to be back! Reply with quote

Very Happy I took advantage of the nice weather to sneak up to the island and look over a few lots my Bride and I bought last year on the east end. I hope to be able to build a garage there soon and then hopefully a cabin. What a beautiful place. I need to check into JC Whitney and order a cow catcher for my truck to push the deer out of the way!
I was sorry to learn Dale Hoffman took a job out of state, but it sounds like he was given an offer he could not refuse. I love the airport improvments, but I hope some day a grass strip is somehow worked back in. Bob Lo had one of the nicest grass strips in the state, that said the new blacktop is great.

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you this summer.
We have a great little place up here!

Later,

Doug
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doug! Welcome to the site! I'm glad you are enjoying your new digs.. Hopefully we will run into each other.. I'm thinking of a trip up soon myself.. I like to get there before the bugs get too bad.. You'll need that cow-catcher for them too! Laughing
Uncle Steve
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

Location: Big Rapids, MI and Eagle Ridge AKA Red Roof Inn (2006) ... East end BBI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Doug, I envy you.... My sweet heart of 40 years, and I also bought some lots ( 4) on the East end ( Crystal Beach ) this past Summer.. West side of the County about 1/2 mile South of Lafayette Point.. They were all State Land parcels... We will be on the Island Thursday of this week to meet with the Zoning inspector. BTW did you see a big brush pile in the woods on the West side of the Road when you flew over your property ? That is where we are building a log home.. This Spring/ Summer.

Uncle Steve
DawnM
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Doug,

We also bought property on the east end last year. It was part of the land swap. We are across the water from an access site where there is an old school bus that looks like a camper. The back of our property is where that big behemoth rock sits. Perhaps this summer we will meet some of our neighbors.

Dawn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: