Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Greetings from the South

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Lord
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Greetings from the South Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

This is Tim Lord from Atlanta. Greetings from the not so sunny South. I originally became fond of Bob-lo in the early 80's while working on Mackinac Island. I worked for the Chippewa Hotel. All through the mid to late 80's my Grandfather, Father and brother would rent a cabin from the late and Great Al Hoffman. I've spent many a great fall in the woods hunting deer and drinking at the bar. One of my best buddies from College grew up on Cheboygan and worked for Arnold line. Mike Maurice. son of Pat Maurice that runs a large funeral home there. Anyway, I plan to bring my two sons back to the Island this summer for a little Vacation up north, fishing and hiking. I also hope to soon find and purchase a little cabin to get to a few times each year. So next time you see a "mainlander" with a shaved head.....that's me.

By the way, I don't think there is any relation to Bruce....but I'm checking. Born in Grand Rapids, Michigan 1963. Grew up in Kalamazoo. Son of Stan and Kathy Lord.

Hope to meet some of you this fall.

Tim Lord
Atlanta, GA.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Hi Tim :wave:

Welcome to the site. This place seems to draw a lot of southerners, either that or a lot of michiganders have fled to the south. Smile Glad to have you aboard here.

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: