Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

What Do YOU Think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: What Do YOU Think? Reply with quote

I'm looking for feedback on the photo contests since we haven't had a lot of participation lately.. I understand how life can get in the way yet maybe there is something different I could do? I'm trying the poll option for voting this month.. We use this at another forum with great success.. Will this be helpful and encourage more voting?

Let me know your take on it.. After I hear from you all I'll be deciding on whether to continue with the contests or not.. Maybe I'll just drop the Your Neck of the Woods contest now that we have a Sharing album.. Thank you for your input! Very Happy
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: I Reply with quote

I would not want you to drop the contests ..
they are a big part of this site .... with all of us voting on what or who will be on the front page ... I enjoy it ..

So I better start getting pictures on here !!!! and do my part !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j. munro-duncan
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say keep the contests, even if the responses/submissions are few. They are a "welcome" to the site's homepage. I wish I could've taken some website worthy photos when we were up over Easter break, but we were pretty busy! So, just encourage those with photos to share to do so, and we'll be happy with what we get!
And memories of monarch butterflies..."
j. munro-duncan
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say keep the contests, even if the responses/submissions are few. They are a "welcome" to the site's homepage. I wish I could've taken some website worthy photos when we were up over Easter break, but we were pretty busy! So, just encourage those with photos to share to do so, and we'll be happy with what we get!
And memories of monarch butterflies..."
Troy
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think you should keep the contests. Some times there are only a few and other times there are a lot, depends on the time of the year. During the winter, there are less people are on the island so there are less submitted. I also enjoy the different pictures on the home page every couple of months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Joan
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: What do you think? Reply with quote

I agree that you should keep the contest even if there are only a few submissions, and I like the way that we voted this time. The winning pictures are a great addition to the home page.
Willows snowman is helping to cool me down this afternoon while our thermometer is reading 86!! I didn't think that I would be saying that about a snowman anytime soon !!! Very Happy
wine country
Memory Maker
Memory Maker

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: what do you think??? Reply with quote

Smile A picture is worth a thousand words, however life doesent always have time for it.....I must say this site always has so many pictures throughout the year that are so enjoyable and creative...There are ups and downs as far as postings,however even if one does not visit the site often ther are always many great photos to cach up on and enjoy.......Just my two cents.....Regards, Kevin...... Smile
DawnM
Frequent Floater
Frequent Floater

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy seeing different photos from our viewers, I hope the contest continues
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: contest Reply with quote

Keep'em.

I have backed off posting photos. I got so enthused about posting photos, that I kinda over did it. But I love looking at all the entries. Definitely, keep the contest.
bknoll
Pines Paramour
Pines Paramour

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John....Keep 'em coming! I wouldn't say that you've overdone it at all. I check the album everyday to see if there are new photos....I love them and they make me feel closer to the island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Photo Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: