Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rylo34
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hello to everyone on the site. I am one of your neighbors across the water to the North. The location is East of Cedarville 2 miles and almost on Moscoe Bay. I spent 42 years on Coryell Island and now have been here full time since 1992. Just got tired of having to go home each Fall. So made the decision to never go home!! And Have been here ever since.
Many times when leaving Scammons Harbor for a ride on the Big Lake I would see Bois Blanc and wondered what was going on down there...Well I'm finding out....Lots of fun.. Yes there are "Other" islands in the Straits.
Rylo34
Pat
islendbird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedarville is a great place. Welcome..
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many happy memories on Government Island.. Very Happy Glad you joined us Pat.. Is your Island just as fun?
rylo34
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Oh yes we had many happy times on Coryell Island and also many great parties on Government Island. The campsite on the South end was "THE" gathering spot. The islands were more of a community than now. In many ways we were just one big family. Not much neighboring as the years pass. My favorite time to be here were Spring and Fall. Most of my friends were here year around....and many of them are still very good friends.
Cedarville doesn't accept change very well....we have lost 17 businesses in Clark Twp. over the last year. needless to say that isn't good!!
Great to join your group....
Pat
(Patrick)
islendbird

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by islendbird on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rylo34
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to Islandbird Reply with quote

Sadly there many things that can lead to the decline of a community. A slow economy can affect a tourist area.....high gas prices don't help either. But it seems that people are still going to vacation regardless of these issues. Weak local government has hurt our area. If you remember "Nero fiddled while Rome burned". We have had too much fiddling around rather than focusing on what the desires of the tourists might be. Tourists don't stop by if there is nothing to do. Cedarville Bay has become clogged with weeds....might have been a good idea to solve this problem rather than build new ball fields. Fishing has been poor for many years but the Perch are on the increase... many nice catches of Jumbos through the ice right now.
The general feeling of "Community" is all but gone....Let the other guy do it is the attitude that is really destructive. Cedarville - Hessel area has been known as a nice quiet place. That is fine but with no upgrading of the area it becomes harder for those of us that are business owners to survive the Winters. Wouldn't it be nice if our children could find work in this area??
Please don't get me wrong I don't want this area to turn into a Circus any more than you folks want Bois Blanc to become Bob Lo.
Hope I don't offend anyone ... just want to pay a few Bills....

Last edited by rylo34 on Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
islendbird

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by islendbird on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone listening to this man? He just said a mouthful!

C

Last edited by Conis on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
islendbird

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by islendbird on Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Conis
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

islendbird wrote:
I heard him loud and clear.....

I did too.
John Elmer Engel
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: New, old guy Reply with quote

I heard.
cal'sangel9
Hawks' Haunter
Hawks' Haunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?! Speak up, I can't hear you! Just kidding... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ckrouse
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone I am new tto this sort of thing and trying to figure it out! I love this site though. My name is Chad Krouse I have a beautiful wife and 2 kids that act too much like their parents!! We all LOVE our visits to the island!
Al's Sister

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chad! Very Happy Glad you made it.. Just ask if you have any questions.. We are glad to get new folk and want to keep em around! Cool
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: are Reply with quote

Chad ..
Are you Jim Krouse son ???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ckrouse
Black Fly Bait

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am Jim's son! It is all his fault that I like to go to the island. He spent a lot of time there in his youth when grandpa had a cabin in the Pins. Grandpa (Parker Krouse) left him up there for a summer or 2 to help build the cabin.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: