Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

boat house

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarrett rodriguez
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: boat house Reply with quote

does any one have curent or old pic of the boathouse?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IslandGuy
Lost Bouy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jarrett, its Brandon. I dont have a picture of the boat house, but it hasnt changed all that much. It does have a new steel roof, a couple new windows in the front. The outside looks really good, but the inside has been pretty torn apart. The new owners dont plan on ever doing anything with it, they are just renting out the Motel rooms, which have been spruced up some. But hey good to talk to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dan Reynolds
$$ Site Donor $$
$$ Site Donor $$

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time there over the years. The Boathouse Restaurant/Groceries sign is now stored over at the BBI Historical Society building and there is a pic of it (the sign) on this site. I don't think I have any pics from when the restaurant was open, but I remember it clearly, at least as far back as when it was owned by Nagys. That was about 20-25 years ago. It had a great fireplace, and they used to display aerial photos of the Island on the adjacent wall. I remember watching them build the little 4-unit motel across the road, and have stayed there once since then.

Dan
jarrett rodriguez
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: boathouse Reply with quote

dan yes my parents bought it from the nagys and operated it from 91 - 99 then they sold it be for dad died it was sadd mom says if she new that was gona happen she would of never of sold it but im glad the sign is part of the islands history theis will be no other like it i miss the island very much and i can still reamber it very well
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theeislandgirl
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: I Reply with quote

I think it is very thoughtful of you two Brandon and Dan ... to share your memories and let him know what the place looks like now ..

Jarrett sounds like he is reliving the time he lived there and remembering the wonderful memories he has ......

Jarrett .. I so wish you could take a trip up .. sometime sooon to see everything ...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jarrett rodriguez
Stone Skipper

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: boathouse Reply with quote

i will make it up this simmer to the island with my boys they love it over there im looken forward to it and going to see dad havent seen him in a few years
doug miller
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I talked to the person who I believe currently owns the Boathouse and he said at that time that he intended to put it to some commercial use--I think he was going to convert it to make additional motel space. Perhaps the amount of business at the 4 rooms he rents did not justify the expense of remodeling. I also wonder if the bar's status the last few years had any impact on his business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: