Home The Bois Blanc Island Site
An interactive site for islanders and island lovers

Home  ::  Forum  ::  Album  ::   Calendar  ::  Memberlist  ::  Usergroups  ::  Register 
 Profile  :: FAQ  ::  Search  ::  Log in to check your private messages  ::  Log in 

The Crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:44 am    Post subject: The Crash Reply with quote

Looks like I was one that was lost - I'm Back!!!
Thanx for having a site that keeps us back here in Iowa a chance to Keep in touch with other Boblo island lovers.
Comin' back up the last weekend in Sept.
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Welcome back Reply with quote

Hi Ron,

Welcome back! Sorry about loosing you for those few days. I think I remember from reading your other post, it's a 600 mile drive for you to get to the island? Thats' quite a haul. I've got some relatives in IA. My dad was born and raised in Lisbon, went to Cornell College in Mount Vernon.

Our trips to the island will be limited for the next couple of months as we're about a month away from our first child. So, while you're up there havin' fun, I'll be down here wondering what on earth to do with a newborn??? Confused Mr. Green

Anyway, glad you made it back to the site. If you get a chance, please make a post and tell us about your experiences on the island. If I recall, you've been coming up for some time right?

Rob
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:30 am    Post subject: From Iowa Reply with quote

Wow Rob, Turns into a small world sometimes - I live near Tipton and have been in this area for a long time. I know quite a few people in the Lisbon area - wonder if I would know your folks. - I suppose you have been to sutliff?? The "ole" boy that owns the tavern in sutliff has been coming to the island since 1952. I'm just a rookie - been coming up for 32 years.
C Ya........Ron
Rob
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Iowa Reply with quote

Wow, small world indeed. I looked on Mapquest and it looks like Tipton is 10 - 15 miles from Lisbon as the crow flies? My dad's name is Clint Johnston he's 73 now. He went by his middle name (Jean) when he was younger, I suppose differentiate (sp?) him self from his dad Clint. My grandfather Clint (C.B.) Johnston owned the furniture store in Lisbon and was also the undertaker. The furniture store is now a restaurant, can't remember the name. My dad had two considerably older (20 or so years) sisters Maxine & Clarice, and also a younger brother Bob. Any of that ring a bell? I've never been to Sutliff although I've seen pictures of the bridge. I know my folks used to like to stop there when they'd go to visit uncle Bob.

Take care,
Rob
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Lisbon - Reply with quote

I guess I don't know your folks - but if you ever get back out here - you will have to go to sutliff -- Good food, cold beer and a great view overlooking the river! We will be going back up to the island the last weekend of sept - C Ya......Ron
Kevin Gibbons
Resident Royalty
Resident Royalty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron been reading some of your notes neat site hearing from people i haven't seen in years. I run into bieff once in a while mostly at the great lakes grill. Last time was a couple weeks ago at my dads funeral. I just talk to him and his wife for a couple minutes. We used to live pretty close to him when I lived on the Black River short ride to long lake.anyway nice to talk to you
Ron Petersen
Lake Mary Muse
Lake Mary Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good seeing you on here Kevin - Gonna try to make it up over the 4th - Might try to look you up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bois Blanc Island Site Forum Index -> Introductions, Meet Your Fellow Islanders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: